It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to send floating commando base to Mideast by early summer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
US to send floating commando base to Mideast

The US military plans to send a large floating base for commando teams to the Middle East amid rising tensions with Iran and intensifying fighting in Yemen, The Washington Post reported Saturday.

Citing unspecified procurement documents, the newspaper said the Navy is converting an aging warship it had planned to decommission into a makeshift staging base for the commandos in response to requests from the US Central Command.

Other Navy officials acknowledged that they were moving with unusual haste to complete the conversion and send the mothership to the region by early summer, the report said.

Navy documents indicate that it could be headed to the Persian Gulf, where Iran has threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz, The Post noted.

More signs of war coming.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

More signs of war coming.

People are crazy and times are strange.

I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range.

I used to care, but things have changed.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I hate to see them discard old ships, such a waste. This looks like a great idea. The ship is the cheapo solution. Lets make them a platform

ATS seasteading thread link here

Those guys deserve a secure base to recharge and get ready to go again.

I miss being at sea. It is really great to be on a ship at sea. Ship was LPD-15 USS Ponce

Story at Fox News w vid

The USS Ponce, which was most recently being used as a dock in the Mediterranean Sea for the Libyan operation, was scheduled to be decommissioned in December. Navy officials now tell Fox News that the ship will be transformed into a flotilla to be used by Navy SEALs.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

K
edit on 28-1-2012 by kawika because: added link

edit on 28-1-2012 by kawika because: fixed image link

edit on 28-1-2012 by kawika because: added link

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
More escalation...it looks much like the runup to the Gulf War pieces are getting put into place for the Iranian war.
Its reaslly gonna go down despite any opposition to it.
Obama needs a hot war to keep his presidency.
So a whole nation has to die to get your vote, what do you think of the American Empire so far?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
When will our idiot government wise up and stop this crap? I'm tired of seeing our people dying in wars against people who are no threat to us. And my wallet is fed up with the money and equipment being wasted as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

the comandos will get training in carrying their gear in desert temperatures, even if there is no war.
obama looks like ha wants to go to the right of the neocons, by deed outdo the most warmongering of his republican oposition.
we live in scary times.

imo, this is all so insane i'd love to see the plan, if there is one.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
surely if the us special forces are going to get their own ship it's a bit silly to reveal the name of the ship making it an extra special target, would probably of been better to buy some generic ocean going ship and refit it but i suppose this is mainly a diversion tactic as while everyones watching the Ponce (what a name) theres some supply ship full of seals hiding nearby in safety

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So the plan is TPTB want this war desperately...the military is pushing for it certainly. Obama will see this as the opportunity to ensure re-election.
Come election time the war will have just been underway for several short months, and the new wartime president will declare victory is near at hand.
The US voters who are sick of throwing men and money at the middle east will want to vote for some who will not continue this madness...
And since the republican candidate will be talking about how Obama went into it wrong, but he could finish it faster...
Everyone votes for Ron Paul 'cause he's the only one saying no more unnecessary war!

Then Ron Paul gets elected, the military and the TPTB get pissed, America is weakened even more because of its dissunity...and we all fall down

I don't know, its possible.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I don't think the military are in favor of war.

What makes you think they are?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

$

2nd

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join