It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Google & Denying Ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
So as we all know, Google has ditched their slogan "Don't be Evil" long ago when they signed in to assist China with censoring their populace. I laugh at any attempts to justify this.

Now it's our turn. Google, whom millions of people use every day, not only wants to put everything you've ever done into a folder - but they are going to link that folder to various other branches they own such as Youtube. Where does this end?

So ATS - now what is Google + doing as a part of this precious website? Shouldn't a website, with a slogan such as "Deny Ignorance" condemn Evil Google for - let's be real - they are acting like they thought 1984 was a guidebook to success.

Just give me an explanation. As I will say: I don't use Google Plus or Google Chrome, Google Mail, Google Phone, Google Spoon - And Google-3D-through-your-skylight is a whole 'nother rant in itself. ---- Now because I don't use these things, perhaps I just need some clarification. Either way, I'd assume this kind of behavior should be doggedly shunned by ATS staff.

(Low-blood pressure rant perhaps - yet March 1 is only around the corner.)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Fact is, everywhere you go on the net, will be some product, or some programme that ties in with Google, and all its connecting partners.

So what are you going to do? Avoid the internet alltogether??

The fact is, people are going to complain about this, go on about it, maybe even sign little petitions, but in the end, this will happen, and there is nothing we can do. Just another case of taking it.

vvv

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
That just strikes me as defeatism to me.
But you are not wrong, unfortunately. The problem is that is the age we are moving towards. Eventually it will lead to no privacy - yet I stay optimistic that there will be "counter-measures" to ensure privacy in the future.

Just because complete censorship and lack of privacy may be inevitable - doesn't mean ATS shouldn't consider removing Google + in the event that they truly do try to pass this crap.
edit on 28-1-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I've notice recently that Google has removed the cache content. How convenient.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Soon, I expect to find at other places than here that Google has purchased an "interest" in ATS.

It figures, their wanting a stake in it. ATS is wildly popular in its genre.
Buying just a part of ATS--as the PR releases would say- would be a clever move to forestall ATS collapsing entirely due to our anger and mass exodus. We would be told that no changes would follow. Yeah. Right.

Hell, maybe they've done a deal already on the sly with a bit of arm twisting from governments to force the deal. The way new laws are being created willy-nilly and twisted into ridiculous uses we may never know. The joint US and UK governments could at any time deem ATS an "extremist" site, in part at least, and shut it down or subject to backdoor restrictions.

Did you wonder why when cookies first appeared the government never did anything to help us? Nothing, despite our complaints Cookies just kept appearing and getting more and more sophisticated. Public desires be damned. The industries wanted it and the government secretly wanted it also. Once the standard was accepted that outside entities could enter your computer and pretty much ransack through it and place their wares upon it, the government announced that it would do that too for its own reasons. How can you complain about that now?

In many number of ways we have allowed ourselves to enter an electronic prison and there is no escape.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Star and flag, ThinkingCap, good post. I quit using Google some years ago, when it first came out they were reporting search terms to the NSA. After a long search for a good search engine, I found one that doesn't record your IP address, or anything else for that matter, and it works as good as Google does. ixquick.com...
I use it as my Home page, after all, I do a lot of research, and the place to begin is always your search engine. So, just open a tab and hit "Home," and I am ready to search.

Ever since 9-11 the Alphabet Agencies have been recording nearly everything we do, emails, phone calls, forum posts are all recorded and few through a Cray computer system with 1000 hand soldered CPUs, I hear, the intelligent algorithms look for the magic 300 words and flags if it finds one. Echelon is installed on every Internet Server, at least in the US and UK. Big Brother is watching. No need to make it easy for him!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
makes a nice challenge finding the holes in their web ,
they will never have full control always a way to get around anything they come up with .
never give up , never surrender

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here's the thing... If we comply we are defeated... if we fight we'll lose... So what do we do??

we confuse the machine.... Remember we are humans, Google by all accounts and purposes is a machine.. we can out smart it... HECK most of the ads i've seen have NOTHING to do with me (exception of world of warcraft)... but if no one is buying after clicking those obscure ads... the publishers will stop publishing...

ditch your droid, go back to a razer... But you won't because of the convenience... I agree with the OP what google did in China is unacceptable... and stopping SOPA (to line their own pockets) really.... doesn't counter this.... We cant fight the beast, but we can trick it!

thats just MHO

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

better to fight .
would rather go down fighting than doing nothing.
let them work for it dont hand it to them on a platter.
make the cost high enough they will give up.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowlord

yes but using their weapons against them...

wouldn't that work better.... $ is the motivator... lets make people not want to invest anymore..

thats the ultra solution!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Great to make you more paranoid (or angry) or both...

Ggl Watch

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Hmmm. Gunna have to loosen the buckles on this thinking cap after reading that link.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
S& F for your thread!

People need informed! I'm with you, ThinkingCap: Keep up the good work and spread the knowledge. Google policing - policing in general, stalking, and profiling of innocent citizens is WRONG, imo.

I started a thread too. because I HOPE ATS can do away with google.

I wonder how many will continue using , posting, not caring about their privacy.

So far , SkepticO did inform me that ATS is testing a new service but then , or course, I still have my questions.

For those interested :

Can ATS Be changed to exclude Google? Will you still post here?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for your valuable contribution to my thread, calling my attention to yours. Reminder, that I haven't forgotten ---- I owe you some stars in there!

top topics

join