It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New U.N. draft resolution gives Syria 15 days to comply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
They want Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to hand over power to his deputy *OR ELSE* !!

Elements of the U.N. Security Council are meeting behind closed doors.

They emphasize human rights violations.

Friday, January 27, 2012 - 4:56 PM -- thecable

The Cable has obtained a copy of the draft resolution on Syria currently being discussed inside the U.N. Security Council. It calls on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to hand over power to his deputy and says additional measures would be taken if he doesn't comply within 15 days.

U.N. Security Council diplomats are meeting behind closed doors on Friday to discuss what's being called the Arab-European draft resolution on Syria. The Moroccan ambassador is presenting the draft resolution, which is designed to implement the recommendations of the Arab League transition plan laid out on Jan. 22.

The draft resolution condemns "the continued widespread and gross violations of human rights and fundamental freedoms by the Syrian authorities," demands that the Syrian government immediately put an end to all human rights violations, and calls on both sides to end attacks and violence immediately.

U.N. - Syria

The Draft resolution

related Article - Washington Post

WHO Will Enforce This ??

What Will the Russians Say Now ??

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting. I am wondering if the UN actually believes anything will change if he hands power over to his deputy. It might, but I have the feeling that the west wants this other guy in power because he is easier to deal with. And when I say deal with, I mean more along the lines of giving the west what they want. I could be wrong, as I am not well-versed on Syrian politics at the moment, but this was the first thing that popped into my head...That's what happens when one reads conspiracy theories day and night.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Nope.
This is all due to the US/ZIONIST plot to iinitiate war with Iran, and Syria.
The Isrealis will then invade lebanon too.
Its all arranged long ago.........................

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Yes it is a zionist plan

the plan is to destabalise the whole region to create a power vacuum, and then use the saudis and the arab league to eventually create a SUNNI caliphate which will face the Iranians. the new caliphate will be false, and its aim will be to stop Iran from reaching Israel.

of course thats the first war, eventually the arabs will realise the deal. they will rise up, this time there will be too much blood.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Just send a diplomat in there and make him murder Assad. Problem solved. Thousands of lives saved.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join