It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by SNAFU38
reply to post by dowot
Nothing anything remotely like that in this area.
Originally posted by flexy123
So it seem the "strange sounds" phenomenon has finally gone viral and made it into the MSM, mainly due to the recent, very obvious fake "Strange Sounds in Alberta" video.
It is also obvious that we now have LOTS of fakes, which was to expect in a certain way.
Here is some info i just feel i want to share in regards to the "Strange Sounds" phenomenon:
The "original" and (in my opinion legit!) first strange sounds reported are those which can be more described as a "rumble", "thunder" or like a "stationary jet plane" sound.
There are a couple of credible videos, including eyewitness reports also here on the forum.
Doing some research on Google, i could trace the first reports of "strange sounds" or "rumbling sounds in the sky" back to middle of 2009 with sporadic reports appearing on various forums. (I use Google groups search which allows entering a time frame).
Then there is the other kind of strange sound which we can describe as "metallic scraping" sound, resembling something i can only describe as if GIANT machinery would move somewhere in the Sky.
The location of the sounds can never be determined. Whether THIS, second type of sound is legit i simply don't know.
Then there seems to be another form of sound, like trumpets or other "sci-fi" noises - i also don't know whether those are legit but i think they are simply hoaxes, viral or disinfo.
* The problem now is that all those sounds are mixed up and along with the hoaxes etc. make it more and more difficult to find out what is really going on. I think the "best" way is still rather to look on forums and in particular look at personal, eye-witness accounts and disregard all Youtube videos etc.
* I am not sure whether there is a relationship to "the hum" and those sounds (the legit ones), some accounts have a striking resemblance to the "hum" phenomenon which would be:
- Sound can be heard better inside a house as opposed to outside, respective the sound becomes much harder to hear outside
- The sound is of a very deep frequency so that people often rather "feel" it as opposed to hear it, eg. it can affect the hole body like vibrating etc. due to the low frequency
- Sound is often heard at typical times like "the hum" with a peak around 1am or 2am
- Typical description of the sound describing it "like an idle diesel truck outside"..and then trying to locate the truck/machine etc. but then of course without success.
- Deep frequency but with higher frequencies on top of it.
I think if we want to find out what the sound is we should start with simple "facts" and not wildly speculate. I see so many hair-raising speculations about the origin of the sound and it simply doesn't help - most of the speculations have no base to stand on like "heating of the earth's core to the move towards the galactic center" or other nonsense.
Maybe it could help if we assume that the sound was first heard in the middle of 2009 - to start there, and also WHERE it was heard when it first occurred. I had the impression it was VERY related to some military experiments and that the first who reported the sound (the rumbling kind) were close to military installations.
I do NOT exclude the possibility we are dealing with a new type of military craft here, in fact for me it's the most plausible explanation.