It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Info about the "Strange Sounds"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I heard a long lasting rumbling in the UK at about 3am about a week ago. Of course it could have been some unusual atmospheric effect of distant thunder. Or maybe some sort of new planes. Whatever - I've never heard anything like it.
Unfortunately at the mo I don't have any recording equipment. That said, even if I did, what would it prove?
None of the youtube recordings I've seen/heard show any public reaction - not even in broad daylight. Not even in habitated areas! If these sounds were that wide spread don't you think that would be evident? Some hoaxers have tried to get round the 'proof vacuum' by using pets. There was one vid where the dog was repeatedly asked 'what's that?'. The animal reacts and it's 'Ooh look at the dog'. Sorry but I can easily whip my dog into a frenzy by acting agitated and asking her 'what's that' in a certain tone. Plus you can easily have someone behind the scenes acting silly. I say to these video hoaxers please don't insult my intelligence by sticking an excited dog in the background and claiming proof.
edit on 28-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hi all.

Is it possible the "Jet" sound is the noise of gas compression plants working?,This compression also makes the gas warmer.,

These are the small plants scattered around the country, that keeps gas moving in gas pipes, the big ones, used to transfer bulk gas around, like those put in place in the UK during the late 60's and 70's.

I assume that temperature would play a part in when the noise was heard, as I assume the colder the temperature the more heat/commpression that needs to be added. Most of these plant are fairly small and un- noticiable,especially if you do not know what to look for, and might well be assumed to be just a a fenced off hut.

I hope the photo shows what I mean.

Picture taken from the bottom of the page, at teeic.anl.gov...

According to a couple of sources,

"Compressor stations are located every 100-miles to 245-miles along main and interstate pipelines, where natural gas pressure may be pumped to between 200-psi and 1500-psi using centrifugal compressors. These compressors may be driven by gas turbine engines, by piston engines or by electric motors to move the gas at a typical speed of 20 miles / hour." By Harry Valentine quasiturbine.promci.qc.ca...

"Compressor Stations, as mentioned, natural gas is highly pressurized as it travels through an interstate pipeline. To ensure that the natural gas flowing through any one pipeline remains pressurized, compression of this natural gas is required periodically along the pipe. This is accomplished by compressor stations, usually placed at 40 to 100 mile intervals along the pipeline. The natural gas enters the compressor station, where it is compressed by either a turbine, motor, or engine." www.naturalgas.org...

I also see that this occurs with oil pipe lines, which is news to me, and looking at a distribution map, there are a lot of pipelines running down the eastern coastline, just where a lot of reports of sounds have been made?

There is one of these plants near me, well maybe a couple of miles away, and to be honest I have never heard anything, but then there are a lot of roads and railways between so a lot of background noise, and my ears my be a little old.

Because the plants are small and usually hidden from the general view, well they are in the UK, mostly, maybe people are missing an obvious cause, mind it may not be the only cause.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dowot

Definitely no.

Nothing anything remotely like that in this area.

Next.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SNAFU38
reply to post by dowot

Definitely no.

Nothing anything remotely like that in this area.

Next.

I take it you do not like my thought then..Hehe.

There are a few pipelines in NSW, some started in the 70's.

www.dpi.nsw.gov.au...

At least you gave it a thought.
edit on 28-1-2012 by dowot because: Adding details of NSW pipelines.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Yup, the "jet plane sound" is what I've heard, but only in the middle of the day. I live out in the country, northeast US, not near any military bases or airports.

At first I just assumed low flying jet, but realized that didn't make sense so I stopped and tuned in to my environment. Clear day, animals acting normal, but the sound was idling. I was also very aware that there was NO doppler effect. The sound was in one exact place, for 20 minutes. I stood outside and kept looking for something to explain it, but nothing. Absolutely nothing around that made any sense.

I didn't run in to grab a camera, etc. I just wanted to stay in the moment and take in the experience. Regardless of what anyone else says, I KNOW what I experienced. I just don't know what it was.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
So it seem the "strange sounds" phenomenon has finally gone viral and made it into the MSM, mainly due to the recent, very obvious fake "Strange Sounds in Alberta" video.

It is also obvious that we now have LOTS of fakes, which was to expect in a certain way.

Here is some info i just feel i want to share in regards to the "Strange Sounds" phenomenon:

The "original" and (in my opinion legit!) first strange sounds reported are those which can be more described as a "rumble", "thunder" or like a "stationary jet plane" sound.

There are a couple of credible videos, including eyewitness reports also here on the forum.

Doing some research on Google, i could trace the first reports of "strange sounds" or "rumbling sounds in the sky" back to middle of 2009 with sporadic reports appearing on various forums. (I use Google groups search which allows entering a time frame).

Then there is the other kind of strange sound which we can describe as "metallic scraping" sound, resembling something i can only describe as if GIANT machinery would move somewhere in the Sky.

The location of the sounds can never be determined. Whether THIS, second type of sound is legit i simply don't know.

Then there seems to be another form of sound, like trumpets or other "sci-fi" noises - i also don't know whether those are legit but i think they are simply hoaxes, viral or disinfo.

* The problem now is that all those sounds are mixed up and along with the hoaxes etc. make it more and more difficult to find out what is really going on. I think the "best" way is still rather to look on forums and in particular look at personal, eye-witness accounts and disregard all Youtube videos etc.

* I am not sure whether there is a relationship to "the hum" and those sounds (the legit ones), some accounts have a striking resemblance to the "hum" phenomenon which would be:

- Sound can be heard better inside a house as opposed to outside, respective the sound becomes much harder to hear outside

- The sound is of a very deep frequency so that people often rather "feel" it as opposed to hear it, eg. it can affect the hole body like vibrating etc. due to the low frequency

- Sound is often heard at typical times like "the hum" with a peak around 1am or 2am

- Typical description of the sound describing it "like an idle diesel truck outside"..and then trying to locate the truck/machine etc. but then of course without success.

- Deep frequency but with higher frequencies on top of it.

I think if we want to find out what the sound is we should start with simple "facts" and not wildly speculate. I see so many hair-raising speculations about the origin of the sound and it simply doesn't help - most of the speculations have no base to stand on like "heating of the earth's core to the move towards the galactic center" or other nonsense.

Maybe it could help if we assume that the sound was first heard in the middle of 2009 - to start there, and also WHERE it was heard when it first occurred. I had the impression it was VERY related to some military experiments and that the first who reported the sound (the rumbling kind) were close to military installations.

I do NOT exclude the possibility we are dealing with a new type of military craft here, in fact for me it's the most plausible explanation.

Is anyone familiar with project blue beam? If not.. Google it. Its a theory surrounding chem sprays that fill the atmosphere with barium in order to stage the hugest lie of all.. In order to fool the world, tptb (illuminati, NWO, anti christ) whatever you want to call them.. They need to project sound and they are staging a falsified UFO sighting all over the world. It sounds wack.. Its a possibility.. What if these sounds are tptb testing out their progress.. HAARP was apparently in suspicion for creating quakes, rain in the UAE, what if HAARP is just a pawn for their plot.. They would need a facility large enough to pull off the event. As I understand it, there is more than one HAARP facility.. There are a few around the world, hence the rain in the desert, I lived in dubai, and it does not rain there, they made it rain for days.. The recent spiking in UFO sighting, loud noises? These sound like the two key components for the staging of project blue beam.. And I tell, if this # goes down this year.. I will know its a prank

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Another reason not to put too much stock on dog reactions is that for the first time ever, a couple of nights ago my dog reacted with great fear to a jet going overhead. The noise the jet made was uncanny, I'll give it credit for being that. I've never heard the likes of it over my house before..only at the airport have I ever heard jet noise that shrieky. It was very shrill and a tone I can't place as familiar, and it sounded like it was flying over at a lower altitude than jets usually do around here. I could not see the body of the jet itself. It was night and overcast but could just make out the lights...normal plane lights. So, I'm sure it was a jet, it definitely zoomed overhead like a moving airplane is supposed to. It just happened to freak the dog out a bit, and she normally pays no heed to planes even back once when a bunch of military ones flew loud maneuvers in a donut pattern over the neighborhood. But she stopped in her tracks and hunched over and cringed with this more recent event. It could have been hurting her ears.

So, from now on I am going to take it with a grain of salt if dogs are shown or reported to react to these odd sounds. If they do, it doesn't rule out an ordinary plane.
edit on 28-1-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Clarifying my sentence.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Could it be then that the Taos "hum" which began in the 70's, and has morphed into 'roaring", "whoosing" and "blaring"...the sounds of the "engine" firing up? But, engine of what? Earth? Alien tech?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Have heard that sound several times, most recently last week. I have my recorder ready to catch it the next time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join