It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Info about the "Strange Sounds"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
So it seem the "strange sounds" phenomenon has finally gone viral and made it into the MSM, mainly due to the recent, very obvious fake "Strange Sounds in Alberta" video.

It is also obvious that we now have LOTS of fakes, which was to expect in a certain way.

Here is some info i just feel i want to share in regards to the "Strange Sounds" phenomenon:

The "original" and (in my opinion legit!) first strange sounds reported are those which can be more described as a "rumble", "thunder" or like a "stationary jet plane" sound.

There are a couple of credible videos, including eyewitness reports also here on the forum.

Doing some research on Google, i could trace the first reports of "strange sounds" or "rumbling sounds in the sky" back to middle of 2009 with sporadic reports appearing on various forums. (I use Google groups search which allows entering a time frame).

Then there is the other kind of strange sound which we can describe as "metallic scraping" sound, resembling something i can only describe as if GIANT machinery would move somewhere in the Sky.

The location of the sounds can never be determined. Whether THIS, second type of sound is legit i simply don't know.

Then there seems to be another form of sound, like trumpets or other "sci-fi" noises - i also don't know whether those are legit but i think they are simply hoaxes, viral or disinfo.

* The problem now is that all those sounds are mixed up and along with the hoaxes etc. make it more and more difficult to find out what is really going on. I think the "best" way is still rather to look on forums and in particular look at personal, eye-witness accounts and disregard all Youtube videos etc.

* I am not sure whether there is a relationship to "the hum" and those sounds (the legit ones), some accounts have a striking resemblance to the "hum" phenomenon which would be:

- Sound can be heard better inside a house as opposed to outside, respective the sound becomes much harder to hear outside

- The sound is of a very deep frequency so that people often rather "feel" it as opposed to hear it, eg. it can affect the hole body like vibrating etc. due to the low frequency

- Sound is often heard at typical times like "the hum" with a peak around 1am or 2am

- Typical description of the sound describing it "like an idle diesel truck outside"..and then trying to locate the truck/machine etc. but then of course without success.

- Deep frequency but with higher frequencies on top of it.

I think if we want to find out what the sound is we should start with simple "facts" and not wildly speculate. I see so many hair-raising speculations about the origin of the sound and it simply doesn't help - most of the speculations have no base to stand on like "heating of the earth's core to the move towards the galactic center" or other nonsense.

Maybe it could help if we assume that the sound was first heard in the middle of 2009 - to start there, and also WHERE it was heard when it first occurred. I had the impression it was VERY related to some military experiments and that the first who reported the sound (the rumbling kind) were close to military installations.

I do NOT exclude the possibility we are dealing with a new type of military craft here, in fact for me it's the most plausible explanation.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
1977. It wasnt 2009. Its been longer than that when the MSM reported on the Taos NM "hum" driving people crazy. And some tv shows reported it back in 2000. They mnetioned then they thought it was spreading out form Taos.

ezinearticles.com...

"In 1977, a UK newspaper received almost 800 correspondences from persons complaining of loss of sleep, light headness, shortness of breath, sore heads, uneasiness, grouchiness, worsening health, incapability to read or study on account of the continuous hum. Most well known in the United States is the "Taos Hum".

Article Source: EzineArticles.com...

edit on 28-1-2012 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

The "original" and (in my opinion legit!) first strange sounds reported are those which can be more described as a "rumble", "thunder" or like a "stationary jet plane" sound.

That is the exact description of the noise i heard in Australia which lasted for 20 minutes!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Sounds similiar to the experience I had on the 25th. Minuse the deep vibrating the body experience, mine was more like one long "after brurner blast" coming from the whole sky. I posted the video on youtube.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Sorry. 1977. Go to this link and then search further....

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Good on you for breaking the stereotype of body builders being brain dead morons who are only interested in themselves and how they look.

As you mention...I've only heard the rumbling, when there were no clouds in sight, meaning it wasnt thunder.. and that was in the last two months, I didnt think anything of it at the time.

I'm hoping for a big climax ending in ............., and not knowing what, is the best part, but surely its leading to something?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

That is the exact description of the noise i heard in Australia which lasted for 20 minutes!

Same here fellow Aussie...
edit on 28-1-2012 by PrecogPsychicSensitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It is sad that people are starting to put Fake videos up on the net now just to get attention.

These jackasses are most likely going to turn a lot of professional investigators away from the issue and it'll just go down in the history books as a hoax.

I've always found these videos to be deeply fascinating, but now when we watch them, we wont spend our time trying to figuer out what it could possibly be, we'd spend it trying to determine if its fake or not.

The Placebo effect. TPTB ruin everything...
edit on 28-1-2012 by Mikeyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

IA it's very sad that we may never know what these sounds are or where they come from, just because a few kids heard about it and decided to make "hoax" videos! I am especially interested in the sound StealhKat was hearing, because they are in my home state, she has some recordings. I find it very interesting and intriguing to find out not only where the sound is coming from, but what could make a sound so loud for so long over the same basic stretch of land.

I do hope no one gives up trying to find what these "real" sounds people are hearing are, just because some youtubers decided to "pull one over on us".

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Same here, east coast just north of Sydney.

I usually notice it about the 0100 time but it has started earlier & later. Average duration is easily an hour, some nights it has gone on for 3 hours + before I've fallen asleep.

Latest I have heard it is about 0430, earliest is about 2230.

Last time I heard it there was an additional 'pulsing' to it, & it was intermittant, but never off for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I havent heard it for about a week, but yes that description is as good as I could come up with. No idea what it is, I know what it's not with regard to the 'normal' sounds of this area, that I have lived in for 12 years so I know whats normal for here.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Truly bizarre! The past few nights I've been hearing this exact same thing but quickly thought it was just some hugh A-hole with a loud truck. So after seeing every other thread being about these "sounds" for the past month, I finally gave in. After reading what was being heard:

The sound is of a very deep frequency so that people often rather "feel" it as opposed to hear it, eg. it can affect the hole body like vibrating etc. due to the low frequency

- Sound is often heard at typical times like "the hum" with a peak around 1am or 2am

- Typical description of the sound describing it "like an idle diesel truck outside"..and then trying to locate the truck/machine etc. but then of course without success.

I took off my headphones which I had been listening to McKenna
only to hear that familiar hum
The "sound" I almost tuned out, like the clicking of a clock, was LOUD and all around. Its 2am and the sound just seemed to abruptly wind down and stopped suddenly. I have no idea what this is but I'll now be looking in to it!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

May I ask where abouts in Aus you heard this, only because last night at around 7.00pm WA time I heard this noise that sounded like a jet, however I work in the middle of nowhere (mine site at the moment) and there are no jets here on a friday evening. The sound was everywhere but also sounded distant at the same time. I stopped walking for a while and listened and tried to see where it was coming from but all I could come up with was "everywhere". Stupid I know. I am in the deepest darkest Pilbara at the mo and you can't get much quieter than that at night. Straight up, I stopped and then laughed to myself because I thought I was hearing things, plus I had thoughts of "the sounds" that everyone has been talking about on the net for a while now. Am i GOING CRAZY!! HA!

...........Could it have been?????
It lasted for about 20 mins
edit on 28-1-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I'm in SE QLD mate. The noise i heard started at 3:10 PM, and ended at around 3:30 PM, lastng 20 minutes. I was walking through the suburb when the noise started, got to the bus station which is roughly 20 minutes away and it died down. It sounded like the description in the OP, only thing is, it would ascend and descend in frequencies occasioanly when it occured. This was about 7 months ago.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I heard it twice in same day 7 sept 2011. First time around 1pm lasted for 10 min and second at 6pm lasted 30min. Sounded like big stationary jet above my house like someone else already stated but there was no jet.It was a nice sunny day no clouds. Sound did not fade away like a plane flying over.It started and then just stop like someone turning a switch off. I live in southern Ontario.
edit on 28-1-2012 by rollin76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Thats how we heard it at the beginning of Dec... thought it was just a jet, then it stopped and started abruptly, twice, in 3 second intervals. Searched the skies, saw nothing. Sounded so freaky that I posted a thread-- StealthyKat was the first to respond, and she was also able to capture a few videos with the sound. (We attempted but the sound was too far away to pick up decently with the old camera).
It was some freaky to hear someone record the same sounds we heard, the same day, a few thousand miles from each other.
We've heard it lots since - usually in 20 min intervals, some times in 2 minute intervals. In fact I can hear it right now altho it sounds more distant than it has. Just constant jet sounds. The new norm??
I'll tell you what else seems to be the new norm - no birds singing here since August. In fact, the day we first noticed, the silence was also so weird that I posted a thread - and the amount of reports that were posted - from around the world, was very unnerving.
OK the sounds just stopped abruptly. I expect they'll start up again soon.
Very disappointing to see the hoaxes start up. I believe that means there is a lot to cover up.
Please keep trying to figure it out!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby

I'll tell you what else seems to be the new norm - no birds singing here since August. In fact, the day we first noticed, the silence was also so weird that I posted a thread - and the amount of reports that were posted - from around the world, was very unnerving.

Each time I've heard the noise it has been during the night, so I dont relate these two issues, but speaking of odd bird behaviour;

On November 15 last year I saw the oddest bird behaviour Ive ever seen, & I grew up surrounded by a national park plus I breed birds.

I noticed in my back yard in the early afternoon on a pleasant day of about 24, sunny etc etc, 3 species of birds (Magpie & both types of Minors, you Aussies know) laying on the ground within an area about 3m wide, with their wings spread.

Now firstly these 3 species of birds always fight for food & territory, especially coming into breeding season. At one point there was about 20 birds, all just laying there with their wings spread, & there was not a single argument among them.

I took 3 pics but my phones camera is rubbish so you cant make much detail, hence I didnt make a thread about it, but that was just not normal. Apart from that, all the birds act normal now & the Kookaburra's still persist in a 0530 wake-up call for me

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i have been hearing them recently, but i live quite close to a BAE site, so have always assumed it was something from there.
Eurofighter flyovers are almost daily round by me so its not unusual to hear jet sounds, but i was at work about a week ago, around lunch time, clear blue skies and heard it then. i looked up expecting to see a jet fly past, but nothing and then the sound stopped.
it started again a few seconds later, and still nothing to be seen, then it stopped again. this happened a few times and to be honest i still think its something from BAE, but when i worked there a couple of yearsago i saw or heard nothing that could explain it.
I know a guy that still works up there so next time i see him (i dont see him often) i will ask him about it and see if it is anything from there or if he has any idea what it might be

I didnt bother recording the sound, but to hear it is just like a jet engine, but without the movement.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
1977. It wasnt 2009. Its been longer than that when the MSM reported on the Taos NM "hum" driving people crazy. And some tv shows reported it back in 2000. They mnetioned then they thought it was spreading out form Taos.

ezinearticles.com...

"In 1977, a UK newspaper received almost 800 correspondences from persons complaining of loss of sleep, light headness, shortness of breath, sore heads, uneasiness, grouchiness, worsening health, incapability to read or study on account of the continuous hum. Most well known in the United States is the "Taos Hum".

Laszlo,

the point is we dont know YET whether THIS phenomenon is related to hum. I know that "the hum" appeared way, way earlier - but there are still indications that the hum MIGHT be something different.

To be honest, i don't know!

The classic "hum" (like Taos Hum etc.) is very often reported as not dependent on a location, in fact people who hear the hum are sometimes moving or going on vacation 1000s of miles away and still hear it.

But then there are SOME similarities....it's just really hard to tell.

Seeing/hearing the older, first videos and sounds, eg. the "like a stationary jet" rumbling sounds do not have much in common with the hum tho.....and we can also speculate that recently A LOT of people just throwing in any kind of sounds they hear (including the hum)...so its getting harder and harder to discern what is what.

Usually, the "hum" is very hard to record and not all people "hear" it....and there is even speculation whether the hum is a real, external sound (in that sense) or whether it somehow is created in the human body from an external trigger..eg. radio waves or similar.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
There have been a lot of us reporting the jet type sound, but has anyone from ATS reported hearing the War of the Worlds type? I can not think of anyone offhand. To me, the latter seems to be some type of hoax or disinformation ploy to draw attention away from the sounds far too many credible and rational people are reporting and recording.

I don't know about the machinery in the sky noise. I didn't hear that one but I have read at least a few reports here describing a slamming sound.

My experience of all this was to first hear the "hum" in 2004-2005 for a few months, day and night. Then nothing really until I started hearing variations of the odd invisible jet noises last year 2010-2011. We had a 3.6 quake a few miles from my house in July 2010, and then last August the big widely felt East Coast quake centered in VA. That summer was also marked by a period of utter absence of the usual songbirds well through Autumn.

There is a known underground FEMA bunker in the region but it's not reputed to be extensive. I don't know if it has the capacity to be the source of hums and vibrations but I suppose it is possible if they had decided to enlarge it in 2004. Another possible source of the hum was the installation in our town of the FiOS optic data cables by Verizon. A large toll road was being constructed around the time the jet rumblings appeared but I think I can rule that out as a source because activity ceased at night but the odd noises wouldn't. Still, if it's a possible factor, I'm listing it even if I think it's unlikely.

Anyway that's the sequence of strangeness report from me in MD and possible contributing factors. It sounds to me you good people in Canada and Australia are getting into it now. It's almost like a storm cloud of strangeness is making its way across the world, raining down weird noise wherever it goes.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The noise thing spiked in 2011 I believe, and then slowly faded away and spiked again this month. But January's noise videos are a bit suspect.

Some people think the noise is linked with Schuman's resonance. It's an atmospheric, magnetosphere related thing.

It's an odd phenomenon
edit on 28/1/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join