It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do If You Were Drafted?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I would go only if they assigned me to control the drones after all all I do sit back and relax while killing people

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Since I'm closer to fifty than I am forty, I'm fairly certain it's not something I need worry about...

Were it fifteen or twenty years ago? If my father, and grandfather, most if not all their sibs served...all of my sibs served... I'd kinda be ashamed not to.

As far as running off to Canada? Nope. If I feel so strongly, conscientious objector, and be a medic. So, I'd go.

I suppose that makes me a Warmonger. So be it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'd say to myself....

"Geeze-oh-pete They must really be suckin' wind if they are going for fat, old, outta shape guys now."

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I spoke to the guard, active and corp recruiters and from my personal experience the guard was pretty much "Can you sign your name on this line?". You would think the corp would be like that but they have a pretty strict recruiting policy because of the image they have been receiving I guess.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I don't know if you could understand my post but I said I would fight again. I have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan so do go preaching to me about s*** you know nothing about.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoClue206

I don't know if you could understand my post but I said I would fight again. I have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan so do go preaching to me about s*** you know nothing about.

Ah you have killed innocent people in Iraq en Afghanistan. We all pay for that, so we know.
Running around in raining meat all day of the innocent. You fight for SATAN, not your country.
Hey we all got to make all living.

By the way you are innocent too. You thought you have fought for what is right.. Now you know and its not anymore.
If you would go now, you support the evil ones.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Me ,defending America? Pffft. I welcome and embrace Chinese invader with some coffee.I mean Chinese ninjas are very powerful and I'm sure a ninja wants coffee traveling across the world from so long of a journey, offering a ninja coffee after a journey is good fung shui.

But if it were Muslim invaders, well this is some terrible doom and I would defend myself and these people because I'd hate to see Kim kardashian covering her bum bum .

edit on 29-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackDaniels90
reply to post by vogon42

I spoke to the guard, active and corp recruiters and from my personal experience the guard was pretty much "Can you sign your name on this line?". You would think the corp would be like that but they have a pretty strict recruiting policy because of the image they have been receiving I guess.

All recruiters are a bit different.
Signing on that first line doesn't really mean much. You have to make it through MEPS first (military enlistment processing station)

During peace time I have seen guys who were state champion level high-school athletes that were rejected by MEPS (and recommended to return on waiver)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoClue206

Thank you for your service.

and welcome home!

(glad your out of that catbox)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Apart from being over the upper age of conscription (We dont call it the draft in the UK), I am in a 'reserved occupation'. Add-on that it now takes 25-30 weeks to train a soldier, let alone someone in a Technical job, conscription/draft would be a pointless exercise as the war would be over before the first draft got to their Passing Out parade.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
if an invasion were immanent i would stay here and protect my two children because they need me more than the country does. If an invasion was not possible, then I would go if they wanted me (but they would have to be hard up) just like I did when they sent me to Nam. I was scared then and I would be scared again, but not as much as I was when I was a kid. The only thing I wouldn't go for is if there were going to be limited nuclear exchanges. If that's the case what's the use, to be incinerated before you get close enough to even see an enemy. That's what's going to happen with India and Pakistan.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If I was all alone, had no family and was depressed, I'd love to be drafted.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

well seeing as how to us military is down sizing there will not be a draft even if WW3 breaks out, im in the USMC and you can bet your ass i will fight for my country, for those of you who say you will go to another country, why don't you just go now if you already hate it so much here

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Thank you for your service.
Its nice to know there are still some out there with enough of what it takes, to defend us, and US.

When I enlisted, we wore steel pots, and drove jeeps....so I'm a bit beyond in years now, but I do know the honor and courage it takes to do what it is you do.

You have my respect, and thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join