It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do If You Were Drafted?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski
I scored a 4 on the ASVAB on purpose. They think I'm mentally challenged. I don't think they would even attempt to draft someone like me.
edit on 28-1-2012 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

I am guessing you never read up on the Vietnam war...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Maybe I'd consider picking up a gun if the politicians who started the war would lead the way and man the front lines, which would never happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well for those considering to bail to Canada, you will get shot before you get to the border.
Same as Vietnam.

Hoyt Axton Peacemaker

We would have to be in pretty bad shape before they would draft me,
but if I thought it was the right thing I would go.
If I thought we are in the wrong...ummm...

Might have to shoot me at the border.....
edit on 28-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I'm a bit beyond prime draft age, but if the United States is under legitimate threat from outside forces, I'll definitely support the fight in any way I can. I'll fight if it comes to my town and my street. The way I see it, the only real choice we have in life is how we die. Will it be on our knees or feet? It's a no brainer for me.

If the U.S. isn't under direct and REAL threat to it's own homeland, then they can go fight their own crap and start with sending their OWN kids to blaze the path the rest are expected to follow. Enough with wars of choice and fighting for something other than national survival. There are times to fight..and times to sit it out. That covers my intentions in both.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Same thing as in Vietnam Days when my number came up: Pack for Canada.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

I'm not even sure how you can score that low on purpose...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by r3axion
reply to post by shamaniski

I'm not even sure how you can score that low on purpose...

Finishing the test in about 5 minutes and guessing A or D on every question.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Funny story my grandfather while he was in the navy got drafted, even though he was currently in active duty.
Also oldest man to have been pulled out of retirement. Served in Desert storm as some mutations guy.

OT: Depends on the war, though I rather fight in the Milita. I mean I would differently fight if there troops landing in the front lawn and all that.

EDIT: Also for those thinking of heading to Canada, if its WW3 you can expect them to be drafting people too.
edit on 1/28/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/28/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Well, if for some odd reason they wanted to draft a 63 yr. old, I would head north to Canada. Unlike what I did in 68" when I refused to step forward and raise my right hand, and ended up with five years in federal prison.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It depends. If I really, truly believed in the cause, then I would fight. If I didn't, then I would run and hide. I have no qualms about refusing to fight in some battle that I don't believe in just because the government says that it's my duty to fight in a battle that it started against my will.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is a interesting topic, but as I tell my friends everyday I would enlist right or wrong. Don't call me a war monger or anything but I think its ones job to protect their nation if needed and if they where to re-activate the draft - that would be a sign of a troubled nation.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It matters. If we had to legitimately defend our homeland I would go on my own free will. If it were another oil war I'd do so many drugs that I'd make Ozzy Osbourne and Lemmy Killmister look like choir boys.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

I would pick up arms and fight, even though the sick bastards in control caused it...but I would fight to make sure my bloodline survives.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just let them try and come and take me and see who gets lead poisoning.

No way I'm gonna be drafted to fight the globalists wars.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I suppose I would have to as well
My father is 100% Don Cossack (Russian)
My mother is 100% Pequot Indian
Two nearly dead bloodlines. Both were screwed over by there compatriots and allies MANY times. Nearly everyone in history has betrayed one side of my bloodline or the other. And yes I have a furry white hat
seriously I do

edit on 28-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: typo-

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by rockintitz

I'd say no. In the land of the free and the home of the brave, it's not right to force people to possibly end their lives fighting a war that they potentially don't support.

If you want to fight a war, volunteer. I'm not going to go die for some defense contractor fattening his wallet, no way.

But if everyone took your attitude you run the risk of your land of the free being destroyed and getting replaced by a system far less concerned by your ideologies, ideas and rights

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

That is very true. That stuff happened during the Vietnam War and look how some people turned out. Personally I would leave the country and go to a secluded place like the jungle.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wonder if they reinstate the draft will they draft women this time too? If that's the case it just might be time to start a family. A large one. They're not getting my blood for oil, and since I love kids it's a win/win situation for me.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockintitz
I was thinking about this today on a random tangent.

What if WW3 actually happens and you are told by your country that you must fight to defend it? Would you do it?

Hope to hear your point of view..

Kiddo, I grew up in the 60's...The nightly news ended with a body count of the Vietnam war. Regular conversations among 7yr old's were " are you gonna go to college so you don't get drafted?
I remember as an 8yr old, this young woman probably 18, she was all happy about getting married, then one day she was in the middle of the street screaming and crying.
I was a Fireman in the Air Force from '79 - '83 in 1982ish tensions got pretty high.
When I was 35 I goined the Army Guard at 38 I was a ruff tuff Sgt. in the Middle East.
I served my country as a Volunteer.
Does anybody grasp the word "Volunteer". Or "Fight" for a Cause.
We are very Jaded right now. We are awaking to being consumers and having been controlled by the money greedy Capitalist Zionists.

Maybe with the ROBOT age you dont have to be worried, Sport.
Maybe such questions only get answered in the dark corners of the mind
edit on 28-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Judging by the majority of the comments .. I'm sure the Pentagon ain't running out of cannon fodder anytime soon

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join