It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do If You Were Drafted?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I was thinking about this today on a random tangent.

What if WW3 actually happens and you are told by your country that you must fight to defend it? Would you do it?

Hope to hear your point of view..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
...when in rome.

if theres another country worse then ours then yeah.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Canada's pretty good around that time of year I hear...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I wouldn't be a little B**** and run off the Canada that's for sure. I would do like I did before and fight, Right or wrong I will be there.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

Dear rockintitz,

I would refuse and go to jail. I think we have killed enough people over material things. We cannot help our economy of debt by creating more debt and we cannot create peace by more killing. Someone once said that they did not know what would start World War III; but, they knew that World War IV would be fought with sticks and stones. Peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I will fight in this country to save it but i refuse to fight on foreign soil. So whatever I can do to help here and not go overseas then no problem.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It depends on a large range of things but the end of the day it would come down to taking whatever course of action is needed to ensure that my family remain safe. If there are foreign troops already in my country, or heading towards it I'd definately go AWOL so I could stay by my families side and keep them from harm when the enemy knocks on our door.

If the war is "just", and things have gotten to the point where drafts are re-instated, I would probably go because the country would be in serious trouble and it'd be "the right thing to do" to ensure a future for my kids. If worst came to worst and I died, I'm sure given the circumstances my family (while devastated) would be proud that I died protecting them and their way of life. In a world war situation the entire population would band together, so I know my family would be taken care of with or without me.

If I felt the war was unjust, run by propoganda and basically an exercise in futility, I would probably do whatever I had to do to avoid being deployed.

But...this will probably never happen. I'm already "too old" to join the defense forces so the chances of me being drafted are slim to none...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I would have to assume that things were pretty bad since I did my three years already plus being on the "ready reserve" for 3 years...but realize that they must have run out of younger men too since they would be drafting someone who will turn 47 in a few weeks.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I would be laughing my butt off. But I'm retired after 30+ years. Typical Goverment screw up would be the first thing that crossed my mind.

However, I can still be recalled.

I would probably answer the call to arms...but I have to weigh the reality of my situation as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
i would run like # and rough it in the bush ( australian forest) with solar stuff and im already preparing an underground bunker it wont be fit for nukes but still its well hidden

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'd tell them I'm taking my own rifle this time,leave my knives alone.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well if there was a draft, maybe fly over the pentagon and accidently drop a fart bomb on it. Accidents do happen!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I'd say no. In the land of the free and the home of the brave, it's not right to force people to possibly end their lives fighting a war that they potentially don't support.

If you want to fight a war, volunteer. I'm not going to go die for some defense contractor fattening his wallet, no way.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Interesting question.

Are you are talking about a homeland invasion from a foreign power?

If so, most definitely yes. I am an American and it would be my duty to you and everyone else to participate. I don’t have to agree with Washington and the state of affairs to want and feel obligated to protect my homeland.

If I might be allowed to demonstrate a piece of evidence concerning any homeland invasion short of a thermal nuclear or biological attack.

Bring it on! "I grew up on Red Dawn cut me some slack"

My family has fought in many of the historical wars and many of them through a draft. So there are unexplained senses of obligation from that also, too do ones duty. Does that make sense to any else?

Concerning any overseas invasion the devil would be in the details.

My main issue with any overseas invasion would primarily fall on whether it was a proxy war or a war declared through our congress in a constitutional manner.

Aesop

:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I would laugh my #ss off!

I am almost 40 years old...if they need me...by gosh...I would go...naaa...I would laugh and stay right here at home...let them enforce the draft...whoever comes to pick me up for service is going to laugh too!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I scored a 4 on the ASVAB on purpose. They think I'm mentally challenged. I don't think they would even attempt to draft someone like me.
edit on 28-1-2012 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies.
I myself would not allow my government to claim ownership over my life. I believe the only one who has that power is me. If it happened to be for a noble reason, not one diluted with war mongering and propaganda, I would enlist and not wait to be drafted.
And as a poster said above if it were an invasion on my country's soil, I would still not let myself be drafted. The only way I see to protect my family and property is to stay with them and be as prepared as possible.

Just my two cents...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

Well that's one way to prepare, lol
Better than cutting off a toe

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Muhammad Ali rejected US government draft on Vietnam war.

Back then, what lies did US mainstream media spin to fool millions of Americans?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockintitz
I was thinking about this today on a random tangent.

What if WW3 actually happens and you are told by your country that you must fight to defend it? Would you do it?

Hope to hear your point of view..

Laugh and enjoy my prison vacation. Seriously I haven't taken any vacation day's in over 5 years. The only way I would risk my life is if the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania left the Union.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join