It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know how to remove MS 2010 onelick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I downloaded it, I guess the end of August, thought I got the computer in September but it was near- the 28th but whatever. I bought the MS Office product and d/l it, but won't install unless I remove one click 2010, I downloaded 2010 trial for school, I had to d/l 2010. And now the stupid thing is still there in the uninstall programs list and refuses to go, unless I contact MS.

Like WTF? I tried everything. Even in safe mode for crying out loud. What a bunch of BS. It feels like I paid a $100 bucks for nothing.

Now, I have to re-download it. "Bangs head on keyboard". Brand new computer and nothing but breakdowns and headaches. I don't mind the hardware break downs but the software breakdowns is going to the birds. BANG BANG BANG..

You know, even when you try to do something right. You still get screwed. Then they wonder why people just give up. UGH.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I've had good results with Revo Uninstaller. It thoroughly deletes everything associated with a given program. It's a free download, easy to use, and works great on those stubborn programs that don't want to be uninstalled.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Your trying to download a different OS?

If that's the case, you can try formatting your hard-drive. Although the MS install disk should remove other Operating Systems for you... if you so choose.

EDIT: I think I may have misread your post. If your trying to uninstall a basic program, as the guy above me said... Revo. should handle that problem very easily. Even going as far as removing the traces that remain in your registry key.
edit on 28-1-2012 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Sounds like it wants to leave a token on your registry in the form of a key so that you can't install/download the trial software once it has expired.

These kind of hooks pi$$ me off and show the programmer for being nothing more than a money hungry ar$ehole.

Easy fix .... delete the directory one click resides in. Do a search for one click and delete any directories except those in the system directories. Reboot and run your preffered registry cleaner and get rid of any dead registry keys. Reboot in safe mode and delete any of the one click files in the system directories that you didn't delete before.

If there is still an entry in the program list for one click after doing the above, download one of the many free proggies online that clean up the program list/uninstaller.

Good luck MH

OA

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Different OS? I only have one. The one that came with the computer. Windows 7 Ultimate. I downloaded MS 2010, for my class because the teacher insisted on it. I had 2007 but he preferred 2010. Said I could use it for my class assignments until needed. I did all my class assignments within the week before 3 month due date and deleted the program, but it's still there..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hello MH,

here are a couple of freebies that may help-

BFU, Brute Force Uninstaller,It's ages old but seems to do the trick.

www.softpedia.com...

Another-

Perfect uninstaller

www.perfectuninstaller.net...

Best thing is to Google their names and see what is said about them,Someone may have
a better one than that,

Regards

Violet.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Ok, I'll try that. I did the backup and that's not changing anything.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is a fast computer, if, it didn't have the stupid hassles along the way. Ugh, I wouldn't trade the system for anything.

But gosh, if your going to do something, then do it right.

Pet peeve.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackViolet
Hello MH,

here are a couple of freebies that may help-

BFU, Brute Force Uninstaller,It's ages old but seems to do the trick.

www.softpedia.com...

Another-

Perfect uninstaller

www.perfectuninstaller.net...

Best thing is to Google their names and see what is said about them,Someone may have
a better one than that,

Regards

Violet.

Funny thing. It says UNKNOWN. When perfect uninstaller brought it up. What does that mean? It's not MS? But, I d/l MS office from their website. The 2010 version. I don't get it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Sounds like it wants to leave a token on your registry in the form of a key so that you can't install/download the trial software once it has expired.

These kind of hooks pi$$ me off and show the programmer for being nothing more than a money hungry ar$ehole.

Easy fix .... delete the directory one click resides in. Do a search for one click and delete any directories except those in the system directories. Reboot and run your preffered registry cleaner and get rid of any dead registry keys. Reboot in safe mode and delete any of the one click files in the system directories that you didn't delete before.

If there is still an entry in the program list for one click after doing the above, download one of the many free proggies online that clean up the program list/uninstaller.

Good luck MH

OA

I did that. D/L now.Now my system is 32 bit. but with windows it's 64 bit. ... Software is so confusing. Hardware. I have minimum aggravation lol. Thank you. Works now.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

This might help :MS 2010 onclick remover

I have the zip file if you need it :-)

join