It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of 100+ mpg cars, and the disappearance & deaths of men behind it

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by solids0be

I will not argue with you, can I say low 9 seconds in a quarter mile? Can I say front wheels a foot off the ground in first?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I really don't care what you kids believe or not believe, makes no difference to me at all. Boncho has been following me around for months attempting to discredit my HHO reactor setup. Blast away! Americans will try anything when the price gets too high.

You have discredited yourself. You already lied in this thread about a stock car from half a century ago. But the real MPG is documented, and you recall something far beyond.

If you can't tell the truth about something yesterday, which would anyone believe your ridiculous claims with "HHO".

And you have already stated you don't use enough water in the system for it to have any effect whatsoever. In other words, you debunked yourself.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I will not argue with you, can I say low 9 seconds in a quarter mile? Can I say front wheels a foot off the ground in first?

What the hell does that have to do with anything??? Your arguing that its normal for a car to be pouing straight gas from the pipes and functioning correctly and you spout out some 1/4 mile claim?? Please dude go blow some hot air to someone thats naive and knows nothing about engines and 60s and 70s era cars. You really discredit yourself making such OUTrageous claims.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_

Yes it would need to be under pressure so that it delivers more fumes when needed I guess...

PV=nRT (ideal gas - but you get the idea)

Notice that pressure (P) and temperature (T) are proportional. We all know this to be true; as you heat up a gas in a vessel of constant volume, the pressure will go up. So there is no need to put in a special compressor. Although I haven't thought this through very carefully (so be kind if it turns out to be a really stupid thought) I think this will work in a closed pressure vessel. Pour in the liquid fuel, Heat it up, vapor is released, pressure will build, open the injection valve, and combust. The only thing I haven't really given much thought is what temperature you are limited to for something like gasoline. I don't remember the flashpoint temp at 1 atmosphere off the top of my head, so this could be pretty bogus.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by solids0be

Well im not convienced because its not true, claiming those cars go that kind of mileage from the factory, or even highly modified is either a lie you've convienced yourself is true, or you have a lot of false memories of stuff that never happened. More simply put is that your totally wrong and your providing untrue statements as fact to back up your claims about gas mileage back then.

and as for the color of fuel

It was Red because it was most likely either high sulfer or Tax exempt/limited tax fuel which is where im sure your confusing what the color of gas was back then...it sure as hell wasn't red because it was a Special super fuel...it was just the dye they added to it so that it could be identified. so that blows that theroy outta the water.

low-tax fuels, high-sulfur fuels Solvent Red 26, Solvent Red 164
Worldwide Aviation gasoline 80/87 red dye
Aviation gasoline 82UL purple dye
Aviation gasoline 100LL blue dye
Aviation gasoline 100/130 green dye

And lastly to top the icing on the cake..."we are all being controlled by electronic MIND CONTROL" and thats why your right and we are all idiots for doubting you..wow dude you need to seek some help....SERIOUSLY SEEK HELP
edit on 30-1-2012 by solids0be because: (no reason given)

Dude - lighten up... What do you do all day? Follow this guy around and pillory him every time you get a chance. You can disagree without being a jerk. I haven't seen him retaliate in any way, shape, or form so I fail to see why you persist with this.

BTW: I'm not taking a position on whether he is right or not... Just sayin you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
My first car was a 1974 Renault 16. Ugliest car ever made. It had a little popcorn popper of an engine, yet it had lots of power and got 50mpg. FIFTY.

I'd like someone to explain to me why "smart cars" can't even get 50mpg.

They cant because they need to be built to meet stringent safety standards..its all excess weight that kills the performance and batteries weight a alot more then a tank of gas.

What excess weight on a Smart Fourtwo are you speaking of? A stiff breeze will knock them over.

you would be suprised of the strength of the smart car ... 70 mph to 0 mph in one second

safety cell still intact , doors still open....A proper safety cell in action......VERY SAFE

edit on 8-2-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

friend of mine runs a 2.6 turbo beetle that runs those times steel bodied as well.... power to weight and power transfer is king!!!Edit to add best time 8.856 quarter mile

There is also "blackcurrent" running mid 9 second passes without a cc of capacity

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JimmyNeutron

PV=nRT (ideal gas - but you get the idea) Notice that pressure (P) and temperature (T) are proportional. We all know this to be true; as you heat up a gas in a vessel of constant volume, the pressure will go up. So there is no need to put in a special compressor. Although I haven't thought this through very carefully (so be kind if it turns out to be a really stupid thought) I think this will work in a closed pressure vessel. Pour in the liquid fuel, Heat it up, vapor is released, pressure will build, open the injection valve, and combust. The only thing I haven't really given much thought is what temperature you are limited to for something like gasoline. I don't remember the flashpoint temp at 1 atmosphere off the top of my head, so this could be pretty bogus.

The problem is that the engine is already doing this for you during compression cycle, piston moving up compressing air fuel mixture. By preheating you will reduce the amount of air entering the engine and the maximum achievable compression and thus the efficiency and power output. Racing engines have higher power output when the ambient temperature is low(at the morning) for example.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Seems that whistleblowers, anti war protestors and mutual benefit activists have a short life span in this world, I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyNeutron

Well im not convienced because its not true, claiming those cars go that kind of mileage from the factory, or even highly modified is either a lie you've convienced yourself is true, or you have a lot of false memories of stuff that never happened. More simply put is that your totally wrong and your providing untrue statements as fact to back up your claims about gas mileage back then.

and as for the color of fuel

It was Red because it was most likely either high sulfer or Tax exempt/limited tax fuel which is where im sure your confusing what the color of gas was back then...it sure as hell wasn't red because it was a Special super fuel...it was just the dye they added to it so that it could be identified. so that blows that theroy outta the water.

low-tax fuels, high-sulfur fuels Solvent Red 26, Solvent Red 164
Worldwide Aviation gasoline 80/87 red dye
Aviation gasoline 82UL purple dye
Aviation gasoline 100LL blue dye
Aviation gasoline 100/130 green dye

And lastly to top the icing on the cake..."we are all being controlled by electronic MIND CONTROL" and thats why your right and we are all idiots for doubting you..wow dude you need to seek some help....SERIOUSLY SEEK HELP
edit on 30-1-2012 by solids0be because: (no reason given)

Dude - lighten up... What do you do all day? Follow this guy around and pillory him every time you get a chance. You can disagree without being a jerk. I haven't seen him retaliate in any way, shape, or form so I fail to see why you persist with this.

BTW: I'm not taking a position on whether he is right or not... Just sayin you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

How about you mind your own buisness...Did either of us ask for your opinion?? And this guys attracting more flies with his BS then honey ever could you Jackwagon. All im doing is disputing his outrageous claims and trying to inform people that he is promoting outlandish non truths. Do you have issues with people exposing liars on this site or would you rather just live in a fantasy land where you believe everything someone says?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

edison2.com... Created a real 110mpg car, verified by EPA testing, and extensive additional testing. They're still alive. Surprised no one has brought these guys up.

I searched edison2 here on abovetopsecret and it came up with zero results. Is it above abovetopsecret?? I must be onto something really big here!! (just kidding).

Also, the automotive xprize thread here died and this site never picked up the results, winners, or their stories. This is really good stuff gang, and I believe there's disruptive tech and innovation people here would be interested in. The cars we drive will change, and that xprize was the beginning of that. Sure, it'll take time and they haven't broken into the market, but it's coming. It's just a matter of time.

Just my 2 cents, hope I didn't offend anyone.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by consummate

Sweet I want one ...thanks for the link ....That is the kind of car we need to get behind...I am so at the point of dislike for the car, because of the many stupid non ideas they put into them and call progress...Light weight high milage good looking practical wins out in the end ..all the rest can go to the musems along with the other fossils as far as I am concerned ...thanks once again ...peace

ps..have you seen this one en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-2-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ahh yes, everyone wants to run their cars for nothing eh? Well.... you can, you don't even need water. You could go dig up the canadian patents on stan meyers hho fuel injector, then try to find someone who makes a 1kw 30kv mosfet to make the 5ns pump z wave that it needs to function; charging water mist as individual capacitors fast enough to flash ionize an 1800x volume hydrogen expansion inside the combustion chamber as hydrogen monopolar atomic cycling event takes place on a growing linear plane gathering larger and larger particles.

Or you could build a miniature version of Ed Leedskalnin's flywheel and etc.... the 2 iron masses each bias to a monopole of opposite; well you place coils off each into near vicinity to generate a rotational current that is picked up by a 3rd coil to power magnetic pulses, or just power them directly off the coils themselves, to attract bolts placed in the perimeter of any flywheel on any car, ie; and ac motor. More explained in time on my youtube mikefromspace is the channel.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by moebius

The problem is that the engine is already doing this for you during compression cycle, piston moving up compressing air fuel mixture. By preheating you will reduce the amount of air entering the engine and the maximum achievable compression and thus the efficiency and power output. Racing engines have higher power output when the ambient temperature is low(at the morning) for example.

Yeah... I thought about it after I posted. Wish there was a "delete" post button.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

How about you mind your own buisness...

Nope!

Did either of us ask for your opinion??

Do I care?

And this guys attracting more flies with his BS then honey ever could you Jackwagon.

Wow... Really mature. How long did it take you come up with that zinger?

All im doing is disputing his outrageous claims and trying to inform people that he is promoting outlandish non truths.

Excellent... That is what this site is all about.

Do you have issues with people exposing liars on this site or would you rather just live in a fantasy land where you believe everything someone says?

I never stated my position on his claims and there are ways to have discourse or disagreements without resorting to personal attacks and insults.

Go ahead and disagree, but at least try to keep it civil. You may have good points but they're lost in the vitriol you're spewing.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul Rubino

on page 7 of this thread I posted a link to information about a guy named Herman Anderson that has made a hydrogen powered vehicle that utilizes deutrium. The page the link I provided does not have a video but it does provide technical drawings and all the information associated with his design. Herman Anderson was a life long aviator and designer and has lots of ties to lockheed and martin and their skunk works projects.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join