It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I Learned from Looking at my dog in the eye.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I realized what the OP discovered is what I also discovered but for me it wasn't looking into the eye of a dog, but rather, the eye of a Whale Shark. I wrote a poem about the event:

The Biggest Baby of the Sea

Being a toad, one might think I only sit on land in a puddle of pee
But my favorite thing I love to do, is scuba diving in the salty sea
The serenity of diving and being one with God’s tranquil blue abyss
Is so relaxing and gives you a sensation of being almost weightless

Darting in and out of the rocky ledges and coral reefs, like a fish
Causes my heart to race with excitement, making me feel childish
Stopping to watch a little cleaner shrimp, in its anemone home
I never know what I might see next, or where I might roam

Then all of a sudden the sky darkens, and I attempt to focus
I look up and see a dark silhouette, of something so enormous
My skin tingles, just thinking of how small I feel in this situation
As the shadow glides directly over me, I stare in total admiration

There’s no danger, for it’s one of God’s most magnificent critters
A thirty-foot long male Whale Shark, that just gave me the jitters
I struggle to overtake him, his tail barely moving is so strong
But he does a u-turn, to check out this funny looking tagalong

I eye him, he eyes me, each of us wonders if either is on the menu
I stroke his beautiful spotted skin, as he passes by for a better view
To my amazement, he doesn’t swim away, but comes back around
Allowing me to caress him freely, a sensation way beyond profound

Lying on top of him rubbing his head, I swear I heard him snore
For he quit swimming altogether, and we sank to the ocean floor
I scratched him from head to tail, showing him nothing but love
Never once did he shy away, which felt like being in heaven above

At one point he and I came eye-to-eye, and I could see such beauty within
So much love and compassion but also loneliness, like he needed a friend
But I also saw confusion and it made me wonder, what could be the bother
Then I sensed him asking me, “Why did humans kill my mother and father?”

I so wanted to tell him, that there was nothing to fear from mankind
But he would not have believed me, knowing that so many are unkind
I continued stroking this beautiful creature, as my tears flowed profusely
Wondering why anyone would want to harm, the Biggest Baby of the Sea?

- - Toad - -

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

No way it can be so easy - you can't possibly be referring to his thoughts of 4 vs 3 dimension existence. You may not realize this but you're making me work through serious brain fog due to literally two hours sleep last night. Please tell me this isn't what you have been hinting at...

PS - If this isn't it, I think you can profess to have found the most dense student you've ever encountered (albeit a significantly sleep deprived one).

No! You are just reading too deep into what I'm saying.

There are 3 sub-verses of the Uni-verse:

2 spatial verses (Space), inverted opposites of each other; the Yin-Yang of the Uni-verse.

What is the 3rd verse that binds them together as One-verse?
Answer that and you have your answer.

Ever look at the Uni-verse with Eyes of Life?

Ever wonder if the Uni-verse defines WE and WE define the Uni-verse?

Ever wonder Who God/Source truly IS?

sprott.physics.wisc.edu...

Ribbit

Ps: Fill in the "blank" to the Old Toad Proverb just above your last post.

edit on 28-1-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

Geez - my mother always told me that I never knew when to give up. Surely you're not saying that WE are God because if you are, did I not say that myself in my first response? If you're not, I have to give up for tonight because I'm exhausted and don't have the brain power to entertain your more

BYW - the first word that came into my mind for your blank was the word "#". Sorry for such vulgarity from gentile "Timidgal" but that's what you get at 3:00 AM.

EDIT: Just curious, are you this ambiguous with everyone or just a few "lucky" ones???

edit on 1/28/2012 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

No way it can be so easy - you can't possibly be referring to his thoughts of 4 vs 3 dimension existence. You may not realize this but you're making me work through serious brain fog due to literally two hours sleep last night. Please tell me this isn't what you have been hinting at...

PS - If this isn't it, I think you can profess to have found the most dense student you've ever encountered (albeit a significantly sleep deprived one).

2 spatial verses (Space), inverted opposites of each other; the Yin-Yang of the Uni-verse.

Ribbit

Geez - my mother always told me that I never knew when to give up. Surely you're not saying that WE are God because if you are, did I not say that myself in my first response? If you're not, I have to give up for tonight because I'm exhausted and don't have the brain power to entertain your more

BYW - the first word that came into my mind for your blank was the word "#". Sorry for such vulgarity from gentile "Timidgal" but that's what you get at 3:00 AM.

There you go talking about TIME but you're still missing IT.

What werd constantly showed up in the 3 Einstein quotes?

What werd have I been emphasizing constantly?

What werd dew you use Time-and-Time again, to get your daughter out of bed?

"It's _____ to get up, lazyhead!"

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Way to derail the thread and make it yours BUT!

You must be a Masonic Toad with all the symbolism..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive

Way to derail the thread and make it yours BUT!

You must be a Masonic Toad with all the symbolism..

I wuz born symbolically.

I didn't mean to derail the thread but Justin's threads always get the better of me pee.

But on a side-note, IT all werks out in the wash.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Ribbit

Ribbit

It's TIME to throw in the towel and what makes you think it's me who tells her that "It's TIME to get up, lazyhead" and she's not the one telling me it's TIME to drive her to school because she missed the bus for yet the umpteenth TIME.

Curious - did you pen the story of the whale yourself? I found you, Toad, and the story was beautiful and disturbing. A great accomplishment and show of talent for any writer...

It is TIME for me to go to sleep. It has been a pleasure (I think). More tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Explanation: Yes that is the map ... and no I am not acending with you!

Just because we share the same map does not mean our sojourns [motivations driven by hungers and desires] are the same or similar!

Therefor and at least until the end of time when hopefully I will be the last observer to rejoin with the source ... there is no 'we' in the sense of shared perceptions or goals although as both you and I have shown the can only
be ONE singular state the underpins and overlays everything!

Both routes to the same source are acceptable!

Personal Disclosure: I do however agree that for efficiency and best practice that 'we' observers in close local proximity to each other could try to share existence before we try shaping it!

P.S. BTW 000 as a phone call in Australia contacts the emergency services and I thought that was an interesting if but offtopic point of interest.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I am in the process of registering my dog as a therapy dog - which means we will be visiting care and health facilities. When I took her to work in a mental health establishment, her presence helped when someone was suicidal. I think that's because dogs are 'in the moment' and they have no agenda. And they are not judgemental. They help the rest of us be 'in the moment' as well.
Someone with learning difficulties once told me 'She brings my blood pressure down'.
Also I need to dig out the link, but there is a well known biologist who has done work on morphic fields suggesting there is indeed a connection which goes beyond the dog simply reading our body language.
edit on 28-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Dog's need us as much as we need them, just me saying. I think since animals dont think the way we do, they dont really have the need to care like we do like we know we are going to die and that thought bothers us but dogs are like small kids they are always loving us and being by our side, but as they get older the bond just gets stronger. so its perspictive.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am total agreement with you OP, all these wonderful animals are here with for a reason and I for one am glad I can't possibly recount the numerous confirmations i have experienced that led me to conclude that animals are thinking reasoning beings. I can share one thing though

a long time ago I was sitting on a rock pondering all this ,and it struck me "Why do we treat animals like they are insane?" So from that day on I treated them like they could think evaluate and love just like me . Do that and I guarantee you will have a completely different experience in this world

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Ribbit

Ribbit

It's TIME to throw in the towel and what makes you think it's me who tells her that "It's TIME to get up, lazyhead" and she's not the one telling me it's TIME to drive her to school because she missed the bus for yet the umpteenth TIME.

Curious - did you pen the story of the whale yourself? I found you, Toad, and the story was beautiful and disturbing. A great accomplishment and show of talent for any writer...

It is TIME for me to go to sleep. It has been a pleasure (I think). More tomorrow.

The Whale Shark story is based on Two encounters I had with him, 10 days apart. The first of the poem is Day One, where I tried to overtake him but couldn't and he never saw me and the second encounter started when he did a U-turn to check me out. I was in Costa Rica at the Time and I celebrate my 20th Anniversary as a PADI Scuba Instructor this year, although I am not currently teaching.

I hope you got sum good sleep Time in.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Yes that is the map ... and no I am not acending with you!

Just because we share the same map does not mean our sojourns [motivations driven by hungers and desires] are the same or similar!

Therefor and at least until the end of time when hopefully I will be the last observer to rejoin with the source ... there is no 'we' in the sense of shared perceptions or goals although as both you and I have shown the can only
be ONE singular state the underpins and overlays everything!

Both routes to the same source are acceptable!

Personal Disclosure: I do however agree that for efficiency and best practice that 'we' observers in close local proximity to each other could try to share existence before we try shaping it!

P.S. BTW 000 as a phone call in Australia contacts the emergency services and I thought that was an interesting if but offtopic point of interest.

As to 000, it's my number:

Call me Bond . . . Toad Bond . . . Double-Oh-Oh . . . Licensed to Pee!

There is only One True Source and the Rule of Thumb is - Always Go Back - and We always dew!

As to shaping, Leonardo showed it in Vitruvian Man. The Law of Shapes dictates Everything goes to a Sphere, if possible, for even the sum of all numbers is a Sphere. In one drawing, man is the Box (square), which is symbolic of being Closed Minded, which everyone is closed minded, but once you realize that, you can break out of that Box to become the Circle; the Circle of Love; the Circle of God/Source.
Ever notice the Recycle Symbol is a Circle?
So as to shaping, We have Zero choice over the future, it has already been written but the last chapter has yet to be written but We aren't at that Point on the Map yet.

As to Routes to Source? Georg Cantor proved there are Infinite degrees of Infinite, thus, there are Infinite Paths to Source.
We are all on our Path to Source, whether you/they know it or kNot and all paths are different, creating the beautiful thing We know as Individuality/Diversity.
The problem with that is there are also Infinite degrees of Stupidity!
Your path and my path are kNot the same, so get off my path before I pee on your foot.

Ribbit

Ps: There is no entropy! Everything is Recycled and it's the Klein Sphere (inverted black hole) surrouding the Uni-verse that prevents loss and considering virgin matter is being created at all Times, besides there being Zero loss, there's constant gain, thus, WE are growing and the Klein Sphere grows with WE.
It gives new meaning to Inifinite, especially considering God/Source is the most Perfect Lifeform possible and Loves us Unconditionally. But of course She does, She's our Mother.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I believe all animals are intelligent and deserve more respect than most people are willing to give or are willing to admit.

There is no question that animals are intelligent but they also have

* Character
* Feelings
* And they can communicate and share their feelings too.

And everyone who does not know that or thinks animals are "lower" than humans is an idiot. Just the typical human arrogance and ignorance.

For me there is nothing worse than dis-respect and violence/torture against animals.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
My thread got hopped all over. Please return to the lily pad.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

You are so right. To dogs we are God. They worship us. They want nothing more in the world than to be around us and with us. They depend on us for everything in life. God will judge us on how we treat them. He will repay us for our actions.

No, they are not sentient. But they are intelligent. They do not think like we do and they never can. They think their own way and it works for them.

Never be cruel to a dog. Or any other animal. I stopped hunting because I can buy meat and feel like a murderer when I shoot one.

Although dogs are not sentient, there are animals other than man that are. Locking them up in cages is cruel and should be outlawed. Animals like elephants, apes and cetaceans (marine mammals higher than seals) are as aware as we are and confining them is torture and evil.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I know what youre talking about because I have that same feeling with every approachable animal I meet. A eeird sense of connection.... best explained like a confirming nod to each other.
Animals really do deserve our respect. Im a firm believer that they more than us have earned their right for a comfortable earth to live on.

A las I have not yet met a human that gave me the same feeling... that feeling of unity.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Sowwie!

It's like I told you elsewhere's, you have thoughts that are on the money but then you take them down the wrong path butt I try to nudge you back onto the correct path butt I can only show you the Door, you have to Open it!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Sowwie!

It's like I told you elsewhere's, you have thoughts that are on the money but then you take them down the wrong path butt I try to nudge you back onto the correct path butt I can only show you the Door, you have to Open it!

Ribbit

There is no wrong path.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Sowwie!

Ribbit

There is no wrong path.

Yes there IS! Just kNot 4U!

Individually, each and every One of us have only One path in Life but that One path isn't necessarily the path of Right, it's just your path. NOthing more, NOthing less.

But We all have the ability to walk the Right path but it takes Questioning Everything and dew'n it correctly, with proper Logic.

So the saying - "There is no Wrong, there's only Right." - is known as a Closed Saying, meaning it applies to the Individual only, not everyone as a whole.

Ribbit

edit on 30-1-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join