It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I Learned from Looking at my dog in the eye.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Simply put, I AM.

At least that was my answer to it.

I love riddles!
Makes me feel like Bilbo Baggins...

I probably just got eaten by Golum lol

There is kNOw I in WE!

Try again!

Ribbit

Ps: Put on your Math Hat.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Riddle WE this:

If you are thought naUght
And I am kNot thought
Then Now is Then
And Then is When
What you and eYe can't be taught

What's the answer to the rhYming rIddle?

Ribbit

I've actually put some time into this and be darned I can't figure it out.
It first brings to mind the 'The Dark Tower Series' by Stephen King where they are on the train and must riddle their way out.
Secondly, it brings to mind 'The Outsiders' and 'that was then, this is now' , some of my favorite books from childhood.
The answer would not be Love, would it?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Wow, talk about my brain twisting to think...of nothing!

Nothing can be taught not,
without a thought.

*pulls out sting and waits*

ButtUglyToad, you should start a riddle thread if you have more of these... I love them,always have.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

well darn it do you know the answer?
if so, give it up

oohhh, nothing?
i think we posted at the same time.
that makes sense,
edit on 27-1-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

I am probably wrong,
but it made sense to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

SO back on topic. I have had many animals I swear I could communicate with. Not just with body language, but with thoughts.
My first dog "Honey' was the best. we totally read each others minds. did everything together. Once we were walking in the woods at a lake and when we got close to the parking lot a voice in my head told me to stop. Honey was right there by my side, sat silent as could be as we watched a strange man look into my truck, look around, then take off down another trail. as soon as he was out of sight we took off running side by side. made it to the truck, no need for words, got the hell out of there. always wondered if it was my dog 'talking' to me?
I believe she saved my life that day.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Wow, talk about my brain twisting to think...of nothing!

Nothing can be taught not,
without a thought.

*pulls out sting and waits*

ButtUglyToad, you should start a riddle thread if you have more of these... I love them,always have.

I have a lot of Riddles but I lost all of them last week dew to a frig'n virus attack.
But a friend has a copy of them and once he emails them to me, I'll make a thread.

As to the answer to the Naught-Knot Riddle, you must apply the True Law of One to IT:

Law of One:

"WE are only One Once."

One Once = 1 + 1 = 11

Think: Klein Sphere!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Riddle WE this:

If you are thought naUght
And I am kNot thought
Then Now is Then
And Then is When
What you and eYe can't be taught

What's the answer to the rhYming rIddle?

Ribbit

I've actually put some time into this and be darned I can't figure it out.
It first brings to mind the 'The Dark Tower Series' by Stephen King where they are on the train and must riddle their way out.
Secondly, it brings to mind 'The Outsiders' and 'that was then, this is now' , some of my favorite books from childhood.
The answer would not be Love, would it?

What's the Universal Language?

Ribbit

Ps: How does God/Source surround us with Love?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The answer is......

lol

I dunno...

I want to say We are One.

I went and looked up the sphere, and what I found might not be what you meant, but it was a sphere with a shadow that was inside and outside...

Which means it is a part of what the sphere is....both

It is one object that looks like two.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Explanation: Uhmmm?

It's known as the Naught-Knot Riddle, which is a play on the contradiction of Not-Not, which plays off the Universe itself because the Universe is the Greatest Contradiction possible!

NOPE!

... here is why ...

0% != 100% = !nfinity = Big Bang singularity.

Note: != represents (does) NOT EQUAL and its a logical INVERSION!

This was possible to DO because before the universe existed niether did the laws of thermodynamics and therefor at that nonlocal [to existence] place and time ... anything was possible and one could easily get something for nothing ... by just observing [imagining] it [collapsing its wavefunction into a reality] !!!

It makes complete rational sense and is therefor not a contradiction.

reply to post by Bleeeeep

Uhmmm?

How did you go from reading your dogs mind to religion anyways?

Like this ... ALL observers collapse their OWN wave function!

Since you can NOT prove you exist to anybody but yourself without invoking any a-priori conditions to do so (and here is the proof of that) ...

Cogito Ergo Sum [wiki]

Cogito ergo sum (French: "Je pense donc je suis"; English: "I think, therefore I am") is a philosophical Latin statement proposed by René Descartes. The simple meaning of the phrase is that someone wondering whether or not he or she exists is, in and of itself, proof that something, an "I", exists to do the thinking — However this "I" is not the more or less permanent person we call "I". It may be that the something that thinks is purely momentary, and not the same as the something which has a different thought the next moment.

The phrase became a fundamental element of Western philosophy, as it was perceived to form a foundation for all knowledge. While other knowledge could be a figment of imagination, deception or mistake, the very act of doubting one's own existence serves to some people as proof of the reality of one's own existence, or at least that of one's thought.

The statement is sometimes given as Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum (English: "I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"). A common mistake is that people take the statement as proof that they, as a human person, exist. However, it is a severely limited conclusion that does nothing to prove that one's own body exists, let alone anything else that is perceived in the physical universe. It only proves that one's mind exists (that part of an individual that observes oneself doing the doubting). It does not rule out other possibilities, such as waking up to find oneself to be a butterfly who had dreamed of having lived a human life.

... then only you exist for you in any real sense and that means using Occams razor that you must of made you!

That is a state of self causality ie YOU ARE GOD!

Personal Disclosure: The ONLY question left to answer is ... IS THERE MORE THAN JUST ONE OBSERVER COLLAPSING THE UNIVERSAL WAVE FUNCTION?

If yes, then the dog [which is ALSO GOD ... just like you are due to God being Omnipresent] is not just another Tulpa/Thoughform projected by your sub/unconscious, but is instead its own creator, then you may be the thought form projected from its mind .. ie you may be its creation and not the otherway around.

If no, then you are very very alone and a very very psychotic GOD!

Tulpa [wiki]

In mysticism, a tulpa is the concept of a being or object which is created through sheer discipline alone. It is a materialized thought that has taken physical form and is usually regarded as synonymous to a thoughtform.

The term comes from the works of Alexandra David-Néel, who claimed to have created a tulpa in the image of a jolly Friar Tuck-like monk which later developed a life of its own and had to be destroyed.

Thoughtform [wiki]

A thoughtform is a manifestation of mental energy, also known as a tulpa in Tibetan mysticism.[1] Its concept is related to the Western philosophy and practice of magic.

(Khanna 1979, p. 21) links mantras and yantras to thoughtforms:

Mantras, the Sanskrit syllables inscribed on yantras, are essentially "thought forms" representing divinities or cosmic powers, which exert their influence by means of sound-vibrations.

I hope this helps!

edit on 27-1-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix buggy emoticon bbcode.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Oh wow, Tulpas.

I saw someone else's Tulpa once.

It was a damn strange being created from his own madness. Had the head of Betty Boop and body of He-Man....freaky

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The answer is......

lol

I dunno...

I want to say We are One.

I went and looked up the sphere, and what I found might not be what you meant, but it was a sphere with a shadow that was inside and outside...

Which means it is a part of what the sphere is....both

It is one object that looks like two.

Or is it tWo that look like One?

"WE IS One" is the correct way to say IT but kNot the answer.

Ribbit

Ps: I've never seen anyone talk about a Klein Sphere. Please give me a link.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Maybe I am just thinking to much when I should not be thinking at all

Here is the link:
Klein Sphere
edit on 27-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

It's known as the Naught-Knot Riddle, which is a play on the contradiction of Not-Not, which plays off the Universe itself because the Universe is the Greatest Contradiction possible!

NOPE!

... here is why ...

0% != 100% = !nfinity = Big Bang singularity.

Note: != represents (does) NOT EQUAL and its a logical INVERSION!

This was possible to DO because before the universe existed niether did the laws of thermodynamics and therefor at that nonlocal [to existence] place and time ... anything was possible and one could easily get something for nothing ... by just observing [imagining] it [collapsing its wavefunction into a reality] !!!

It makes complete rational sense and is therefor not a contradiction.

Your biggest mistake is you think ZERO is Nothing, when IT is kNot!

Zero occupies a finite amount of space-time and the Inverted opposite of finite is Infinite and:

If = 1

What's the Inverted Opposite of One?

What's the Inverted Opposite of Zero?

Ribbit

Ps: The Universe is kNot a Closed System so take your 2nd Law of Thermodynamics and shove it where the sun hasn't shined in sum Time.

Pps: What happens when you twist a Zero? What symbol is IT? Then what happens when you fold it at the kNot?
Ever hear of a Love Knot?

edit on 27-1-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
reply to post by smithjustinb

SO back on topic. I have had many animals I swear I could communicate with. Not just with body language, but with thoughts.
My first dog "Honey' was the best. we totally read each others minds. did everything together. Once we were walking in the woods at a lake and when we got close to the parking lot a voice in my head told me to stop. Honey was right there by my side, sat silent as could be as we watched a strange man look into my truck, look around, then take off down another trail. as soon as he was out of sight we took off running side by side. made it to the truck, no need for words, got the hell out of there. always wondered if it was my dog 'talking' to me?
I believe she saved my life that day.

I personally believe it is very possible that both you and your dog felt the same bad vibe. Dogs are excellent at that kind of thing, (and cats) but people are too and do not give themselves enough credit. There was danger, and you both knew it. On a psychic level it was your survival instincts kicking in to keep you from being hurt...IMO

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Maybe I am just thinking to much when I should not be thinking at all

Here is the link:
Klein Sphere
edit on 27-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: fixed link

Interesting!

When the Outside is the Inside and the Inside is the Outside, then you will know God/Source!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You kind of remind me of the toad on The little bear cartoons I used to watch with my sons. He was a wise toad always full of riddles and deeper meaning. It made watching little bear all the more fun

thanks for giving me something to ponder!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

What don't you understand about that all states [including a null set] self assess so as to maintain integrity?

Zero KNOWS it IS Zero!

Personal Disclosure: Methinks you misunderstood me as we seem to be on the same side and here IS why ...

What's the Inverted Opposite of One?

Answer = the NON LOCAL OBSERVER

What's the Inverted Opposite of Zero?

Answer = the LOCAL OBSERVER

And FYI infinity is an OPEN system ... but local observers have horizons and the local observer is IMMERSED within infinity and therefor is limited by those event horizons. It is a case of scale ... you are god ... just not at the ultimate scale of the Godhood/Godhead and the difference is as easy to see as that between a single cell in the body of God and the entire body of God.

So yeah ... we on the same page IMO!

edit on 27-1-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You kind of remind me of the toad on The little bear cartoons I used to watch with my sons. He was a wise toad always full of riddles and deeper meaning. It made watching little bear all the more fun

thanks for giving me something to ponder!

Earlier today, SumOne accused me of replying in the style of the "sufi path of enlightenment known as the clown."

A toad is nothing more than a clown on all fives.

Ribbit

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join