It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I Learned from Looking at my dog in the eye.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I believe all animals are intelligent and deserve more respect than most people are willing to give or are willing to admit. Down to the "lowest" life form, all things serve a balanced purpose. With that said, which may be irrelevant to the point, I just realized something about animals that seems to disclude humans. Let's face it, humans aren't anything like the rest of the animal kingdom. That's obvious. I think the difference may have something to do with religion.

A lot of us believe in some form of higher power, but most people's interpretation of that higher power is some form of man in the sky. What I learned about dogs, and most likely all other animals (except most humans) is that the only thing they believe in, as far as a higher power goes, is the planet.

It seems animals truly know their place in the big picture, and we don't. It seems like animals have less of a sense of individuality. It seems like they are the Earth, and they know it.

I say, "it seems like". I say that because I was looking my dog in the eye while letting this idea dominate my thoughts and what I obtained, which is rare, was a solid connection between man and beast. This connection alone convinced me that my thoughts were valid because it was like we were both looking at each other with a deep knowing. A knowing like we both knew each other which is something that only intelligent beings can do. That is why I say animals deserve respect as intelligent beings, because I see in their eyes that they know us very well, even more, perhaps, than we know them.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I miss having a dog.

Once there was this dog that came up to my porch and stuck her head in my door and we made eye contact and I about started to cry because of the feelings inside this dogs mind. Such a sweet innocent beautiful and almost sad feeling. We connected on a level I have not since I was a kid and got close to a porcupine.

This dog was special and I knew it. She lived down the street from me, and got lose a lot I guess. I saw her on an animal allies commecial about a year later but when I called to get her, someone already had. I told the lady that it was a very special dog, which she agreed. I hope wherever she is, she got a good home.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
my cat looks at me like i stole someone's lunch money, no connection between us :/

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Because your dog is domesticated, you are its higher power. Its connection to you gives it insight to your thoughts, actions, body language, schedule, ect...
Ever notice that the dog seems to know what day of the week it is and knows the routine?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
my cat looks at me like i stole someone's lunch money, no connection between us :/

lol. yeah like i said the connection is rare, but it is possible. When the connection is made, its like you know that they know that you know, but what you both know you both know is somewhat of a mystery, or, rather, is somewhat undefined. But the important thing is the feeling of the silent knowledge being shared between you and it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Because your dog is domesticated, you are its higher power. Its connection to you gives it insight to your thoughts, actions, body language, schedule, ect...
Ever notice that the dog seems to know what day of the week it is and knows the routine?

And my connection to it made us both realize that we are both in this together. What we are in is what I found to be amazing which, of course, is right in front of our eyes and always has been. We are both part of the earth, and earlier, that's what we were communicating. But the depth of what it means to be part of the earth was also being presented to me in my dogs eyes. That's what was really profound about the interaction.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You were trying to read your dogs mind. XD

I'm guessing he was just looking at you in such a gaze to try to read your body language - to see what your next move would be.

How did you go from reading your dogs mind to religion anyways?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Wow, was hoping for something interesting not just someones word they made a connection with there dog, no offense.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
IMHO, animals do not seek god, because they are of god.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

My cat criticizes how I dress, pffffttt.

Dogs and cats "speak" at a frequency we can't decode. If we had bodies of a cat or dog, we'd understand them as we understand (sometimes) one another. It's been reported that some people who are suffering from a stroke, hear themselves and others bark like a dog instead of speaking a language.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

When you can look an Ant in the eYe and connect with IT, that's when you know there's more to this than meets the eYe.

"There are nOne so Blind as those that will kNot sEe with their One eYe and nOne so Deaf as those that will kNot hEar with their One eAr and nOne so Lame as those that will kNot wAlk on their One fOOt!" - Old Toad Proverb

Riddle WE this:

If you are thought naUght
And I am kNot thought
Then Now is Then
And Then is When
What you and eYe can't be taught

What's the answer to the rhYming rIddle?

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My dogs know what I'm thinking, They talk back with their eye's. It's like the shining or something

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Wow, do I ever understand where the OP is coming from. I had a border collie / black lab cross, smartest dog I have ever been acquainted with. We had many of these moments, even if there were others in the room, where it became just the two of us....It was intense, peaceful, loving, kinda hard to put into words, but I imagine that primitive man, untouched by religion or the top of the food chain doctrine, had such a connection with the dog constantly. Hence, man's best friend.

Modern man is far to distracted, at times, to reconnect with this....sadly.
Great post, brought back some good memories. Thanx.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

That's an awesome riddle!

Deleted possible answer as it was not directed at me...

lol
edit on 27-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

That's an awesome riddle!

Deleted possible answer as it was not directed at me...

lol

The answer has to dew with the 3rd most secretive meaning of the Mason's Symbol.

Ribbit

Ps: What's the #1 question of all Time?

Answer: Y

What's the #2 question of all Time?

Answer: X

Y?

edit on 27-1-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I Understand lol

Very cool

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by smithjustinb

I feel that I have a strong, unbreakable bond with my cat. I have never met a cat that was so vocal, loving and playful like a kitten (he's 6 now).

I do feel that animals have souls and must be respected.

Too bad that I haven't yet applied these thoughts to chickens, fish, pigs and cows, of which I eat.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

I Understand lol

Very cool

It's known as the Naught-Knot Riddle, which is a play on the contradiction of Not-Not, which plays off the Universe itself because the Universe is the Greatest Contradiction possible!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Simply put, I AM.

At least that was my answer to it.

I love riddles!
Makes me feel like Bilbo Baggins...

I probably just got eaten by Golum lol

z

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by smithjustinb

I feel that I have a strong, unbreakable bond with my cat. I have never met a cat that was so vocal, loving and playful like a kitten (he's 6 now).

I do feel that animals have souls and must be respected.

Too bad that I haven't yet applied these thoughts to chickens, fish, pigs and cows, of which I eat.

At least you've taken One thing off the Menu!

On a side note, just because it has a soul, doesn't mean you can't eat it for if you eat it, that's what it was here for.

Ribbit

Ps: I too have taken One thing off the Menu - Whale!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join