It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia House Bill 1160: Nullify the NDAA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Every two to three days I review one of my favorite author's blogspot (tomwoods.com) & noticed this piece that may be of interest to others in the ATS community.

Introduced in the Virginia House of Delegates is House Bill 1160 (HB1160) which “Prevents any agency, political subdivision, employee, or member of the military of Virginia from assisting an agency or the armed forces of the United States in the investigation, prosecution, or detainment of a United States citizen in violation of the Constitution of Virginia.”

blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com...

Not-so-brief exposition on state nullification by Dr. Tom Woods:

Synopsis about state nullification occurs on/about 10:00 min. thru 15:00 min. 15:00 min plus is commentary, but brilliant commentary in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kovenov

Not that I did not believe you, but I had to go out there and have a looksee for myself on this and I found a Virginia State website that tracks all House Bills and such. Here is the link to Virginia's Legislative Information System with the full version of the bill as it has been introduced. It is a very short read, which is nice since Virginians (myself in particular) have a history of being rather long winded at times.

This website also tracks the bill as it moves through the system and HERE you can see where it is presently in the process.

Thanks for posting this and I believe that this is one to watch rather closely. If it passes in Virginia, which state will be the next I wonder???

Cheers,
~MMIMO

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

My hope is that Kansas will follow suit. But I agree that this bill is worth following closely.

Thanks for the comments and take it easy.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Sic semper tyrannis.
Yay! Go Virginia!
My state and I will be sure to call my rep and tell them to support this.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kovenov

Hi there, just checking in. Just checked on the bills progress and it seems that there has been no movement since 1/25/12, which is OK... I know these things take time, but gosh darn it all I wish they would get the lead out!!

On another note, I wanted to let you know that I have done what I can to get the word out there to the point of writing an email of support for this bill to the bills sponsor, the Speaker of the VA House and the representative of the county in which my family has lived for many generations and of which I am also a landowner. I have also contacted family and friends in other states as well as Virginia urging them to at least write to the bills sponsor as a show of support and to let him know that not only Virginian's are watching this but citizens of other states as well. I don't know if it will do any good in the end, but by gosh, aside from camping outside the building they meet in with big banners of support, I've done what I can for the moment.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Not trying to overtake your thread here but I just read where Washington State has also introduced legislation challenging the validity of the NDAA:

Reps. Jason Overstreet, Matt Shea, Vincent Buys, Cary Condotta, and David Taylor introduced HB 2759, the Washington State Preservation of Liberty Act this week.

Infowars sourced article w/ link to bill

Also, recieved word from the office of the VA representative that introduced HR 1160. In my letter to him, I asked the question when there would be an expected vote on the bill, and his aide in turn answered the following:

The bill was reported from subcommittee and was heard in the full Courts of Justice Committee yesterday. However, the chairman felt that he needed more time to better understand the legislation so they are holding the bill until next Monday afternoon.

Her reference to "yesterday" in the above excerpt would refer to January 30, 2001, this past Monday.

Will keep you updated on the latest, if you would like.

~MMIMO

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Don't know if you guys are watching this anymore, but apparently Tennessee is the next state, that I am aware of, that is getting in on the bandwagon to nullify the NDAA. They have even added to it, so that there could possibly be kidnapping charges brought againt any Federal agent that breaks this state law. I do not know when this one will come to vote, just giving the heads up that states are trying to take a stand.

Tennessee General Assembly: Nullify NDAA Page

I still have not heard an update on the Virginia bill. I dropped a quick email to get an update today so maybe I'll hear something soon.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
YEAH BABY!!!!! Just checked on this and apparently it passed in the VA house on 2/14/12..... now lets see if TN and WA passes it... looks like other states are now getting on the band wagon...Arizona is on the war path as well....
NDAA Nullifiction Act Passes Arizona State Committee 6-1
edit on 17-2-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
NDAA Nullification Passes Virginia Senate by a Veto-Proof 39-1 Vote.

HB1160 received a minor amendment in the Senate before passage and now goes back to the House for Concurrence. The bill previously passed the house by a vote of 96-4 so it’s expected that the amended version will sail through as well. The Amendment reads as follows:

§ 1. Notwithstanding any contrary provision of law, no agency or political subdivision of the Commonwealth, or employee of same acting in his official capacity, shall aid an agency of the United States in the unlawful detention of any United States citizen pursuant to 50 U.S.C. § 1541 as provided by the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (P.L. 112-81, § 1021).

The Tenth Amendment Center

Sic Semper Tyrannis!!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Virginia is freakin awesome: tenthamendmentcenter.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is great news for the US!

I hope it sees its way all the way across the country. We should set out to restore the US to her former wonderful glory!

God bless the USA!

top topics

join