It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experienced Paranormal Investigator opinion needed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I can relate to CallyourB in that though I find the idea of the paranormal interesting and have even seen an unexplainable "entity" with my own eyes in front of two witnesses, I still do not believe it though I cannot say with certainty that the paranormal does not exist. But unless I get some tangible and undeniable proof I just do not believe it. Even experiences are not proof enough for me as there are too many variables that can effect our perception. "Fear" however has nothing to do with it. Some people just need hard proof.
A ghost could walk up and slap me in the face and I would not believe it. I wish I was not like this but I am.

edit on 1/29/2012 by BLKMJK because: Wrong name

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

And why do you need this proof? What would constitute proof if you cannot even trust your own experiences and perceptions? You cannot trust your own being but you can trust some other external protocol and equipment. That, to me, defies rational thinking. Fine to doubt for a while, but when two or more people see precisely the same thing at the same time, how can you deny such a thing because a machine didn't register it?

This proof you look toward for validation of something - anything - is just as ethereal as these ghosts, etc. There are simply too many variables that cause machine malfunction that to trust them is beyond reason, imo. If you can trust machines and protocols, why can you not trust your own experiences? And if you do not have those experiences yourself, how do you rationally call the experiences of others into question? You may not identify that response as fear, but it is exactly that. It is the inability to trust others at their word. Skepticism itself starts from a negative standpoint. That is directly Fear.

I doubt many of you guys have periods. I can assure you they exist. Even if you haven't seen them, you haven't experienced them, they exist. Doctors love to tell women all about what we do and don't experience in our reproductive lives. I have had more bad info than good. Why would I trust them because their clinical evidence is in direct opposition to my own experience? Should I deny what my body tells me? To what end?

This is how you need to understand "experience". It doesn't matter what some lab tech tells you is true if that's not your experience. If I see, feel, smell, hear a ghost, then I do. No one can ever tell me it's not so. As much as you might want to try to make me doubt myself, it will never happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I agree with CosmicEgg. It seems odd to expect devices that measure the physical to be able to capture the non-physical, especially when it is 'sensed' rather than seen.

If there are physical manifestations like movement of objects or actual temperature fluctuations, perhaps...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Hey Netwarrior. First off, I would recommend biting the proverbial bullet and purchasing an inexpensive EMF meter. I've seen some rudimentary ones sell for as cheap as 30 dollars on Amazon. I don't trust apps on cellphones, personally. Secondly, if you're looking for EVP's get yourself a cheap little voice recorder. I still use the one that I had in undergrad for recording lectures. It was a little Sony with digital memory. It was like 40 bucks at the time (but that was almost 10 years ago), so you might be able to get it for much cheaper, or something even better for 40 bucks. Good luck with future hunts!

CosmicOvum! Glad to see that you're still posting (I've been gone for far too long). As always, I agree with your assessments on sensing these "disturbances." I still believe that the human machine is the best machine for the job. It just takes a little bit of work and effort. That isn't to say that certain types of technology are better suited than others for the job. I still like doing EVP recordings...they seem to be the easiest of the mediums in which to pick up messages, or "proof" of paranormal activities; not that I personally need proof.

-TS
edit on 29-1-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I absolutely cannot disagree with anything you have said in your reply to me and I admit it is a serious character flaw I have. I sent you a private message regarding this in that I do not want to hijack this thread. Thank you for your response.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Hey guys

tsdude...nice to see you again. howzit hangin'? lol if i ever get on a machine that will let me run that java applet for chat, we might bump into each other in there at some point. in the meantime, HELLO!!

BLKMJK, your reply is waiting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join