It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experienced Paranormal Investigator opinion needed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Alright guys, first off let me say that I have no independent confirmation so you'll have to take my word on it. If that's not enough then click the back button and go along your merry way.

I've only recently gotten interested in paranormal investigation. You can read that as I don't have any emf meters, tape recorder, night shot camera, etc.

But what I do have is a Droid Bionic. So I downloaded Entity Sensor Pro and the auto-record/media plugins, etc. Admittedly I did this before doing my homework and found out cell phones themselves put out EMF, but that you could mitigate that somewhat by turning the phone in "airplane mode," which means all comms in or out are disabled.

So i'm at work today and i'm playing around with the emf reader, hovering it over wires and computers and stuff like that. The reading was kinda high, ~500 milligauss even out in the parking lot at least 75 feet from anything electrical. I'm looking for someone nearby that has an actual emf meter that I can compare the readings but no luck so far.

The building that the auto parts store I work for was built in 1947. It's an old building, and a few of us have heard unexplained noises but we just chalked it up to the building being old. I walk to the back with the emf reader on and in airplane mode. Really i'm just toying around with it at this point. There's no customers in the store and everyone else was up front at the counters. Nobody was within 50 feet of me. Imagine my surprise when the EMF app spikes to 1100 milligauss. The trigger is set to 700 so It starts auto-recording audio (for evp) and I stop moving and hold my breath, not knowing if the microphone was sensitive enough to pick up the sound of my breath.

The phone records about 45 seconds of audio before I stop it and back off from the spot I was in. I listen to the recording and you can hear all of my fellow employees up at the front counter and the background noise..and then 14 seconds in, you can hear breathing, some of it quite loud. The entire time I was holding my phone dead still and as far away from my body as I could get it.

So I turn the EMF sensor back on and go stand in the spot I was just in. ~610 milligauss. I checked it several times over the day after that and it never got above 650.

Just to be sure, when I got home I shut off the AC and made the house as quiet as I could. Then I locked myself in the bathroom and recorded 20 seconds of me breathing normally with the phone in the same pose as earlier at work.

The phone did not pick up the sounds of my breathing inside a quiet 5x8' bathroom but it'll pick it up inside a 100x65' wide open store? Nahhh I'm not buying that.

So did I just catch my first EVP? I'm willing to accept that cell phone apps suck for measuring EMF but this one seems to work, albeit very high levels.

Edited to add: spot is more than 20 feet from any light fixture and at least that distance from any electrical wire/outlet.
edit on 27-1-2012 by netwarrior because: details

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Did it feel quite cold there at arm's length? Ghosts are always cold. Lots of entities are cold. I mean very cold. Like opening a freezer door, some of them. Some...it's more like the fridge. lol That surge of cold air is a really good first clue that someone is around. Often, the hair will stand up on the back of your neck even before the cold sensation hits. And you really know that's it because it's not all over you, it's just a part, like your shoulder or your leg or something. There are a lot of sensations that go along with a presence.

Take note and learn about those too. They are as important as the data readings.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Im a paranormal investigator and what I have found, is that there is nothing paranormal.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Not doing much work then, are you? There are all manner of entities around. They can be felt, seen, and heard with a little practice. Has it occurred to you that you are either not sensitive to it or your equipment isn't able to register their presence? It's crazy to call yourself an investigator of anything and then denounce its existence. That's just denial.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I honestly didn't notice anything. That part of the store is always cool. But no, I didn't catch the "someone just walked over my grave" chill.

And CallYourBluff...I have seen enough with the ol Mk. I detection system (eyeballs) to know that there *is* something out there.

That dog I saw may not have been a "shadow dog" but I know good and well that you cant see through a dog. I saw through that one.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

It's not even that sort of chill. It's literally like you have passed your hand through the draft of a freezer door, or like there's that sort of cold just hovering over a part of your body. It's not a chill. It can even be half your body, but it is that same cold like from the freezer on a summer day.

Even when the area is quite cool itself you will feel that coldness. At least here, ghosts are more active during the summer. Our homes are well heated but there are more, for whatever reason, in the summertime. Even gremlins have a cool feeling about them. But it's not like ghosts or other entities. There are so many.....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I suggest spending about $35 bucks on an average emf meter. Those readings are too high for it be paranormal for the EMF range if I'm remembering the 3 i got right lol. EMF meters have a high and a low setting, if it spikes on low, flip it to high and see if it picks it up, if it does its natural. If it doesn't, switch it back to low and a paranormal EMF read should be between a 2 and 8 (sorry i don't have mine with me at the moment or i could give you the proper numbers, I'm working from memory...and that ain't so sharp today...)

Now about the breathing. It could be the mic picking up on a breeze or some kind of air movement or it could be an EVP. But props to you for going home and trying to recreate the sound
keep trying to record though, you may be shocked at some of the stuff you can get.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Some locations are prone to higher telluric currents than others. You should should consider the makeup of the general area when looking at EMF readings. Granite and underground streams are two common sources. Rule that stuff out and you might have some interesting readings. Good luck and happy hunting!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

Not doing much work then, are you? There are all manner of entities around. They can be felt, seen, and heard with a little practice. Has it occurred to you that you are either not sensitive to it or your equipment isn't able to register their presence? It's crazy to call yourself an investigator of anything and then denounce its existence. That's just denial.

No actualy nothing has ever been felt, seen or heard. It's imagination taking over, there is not one bit of proof anywhere of paranormal entities.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

No, actually either you're in denial or you have equipment that isn't suitable for the job. No point checking humidity with a thermometer. Do you think we just can't devise the right machinery yet? There are energies absolutely everywhere. All manner of them. The very statement that you can't find them tells me that you need to find a new livelihood. You're in the wrong business.

I'm not saying that to be rude. If you cannot sense them yourself, all the equipment in the world at this point won't help you. I can feel them around me when they are present. There are times when my daughter (who is clairvoyant) has to bring them to my attention, but that's rare anymore.

My daughter has always been clairvoyant. I disregarded her comments when she was little about someone being somewhere in our home. I told her, like all "good parents", that she was just imagining things. I know better now. I hope someday you get to experience the paranormal too. Until then, please do not refute what you have no right to refute. Because *you* cannot find it doesn't mean it's not there. If you can't find love in your life, does that mean it doesn't exist at all? No, it does not. This is the same kind of thing. Ethereal.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No, actually either you're in denial or you have equipment that isn't suitable for the job. No point checking humidity with a thermometer. Do you think we just can't devise the right machinery yet? There are energies absolutely everywhere. All manner of them. The very statement that you can't find them tells me that you need to find a new livelihood. You're in the wrong business.

I'm not saying that to be rude. If you cannot sense them yourself, all the equipment in the world at this point won't help you. I can feel them around me when they are present. There are times when my daughter (who is clairvoyant) has to bring them to my attention, but that's rare anymore.

My daughter has always been clairvoyant. I disregarded her comments when she was little about someone being somewhere in our home. I told her, like all "good parents", that she was just imagining things. I know better now. I hope someday you get to experience the paranormal too. Until then, please do not refute what you have no right to refute. Because *you* cannot find it doesn't mean it's not there. If you can't find love in your life, does that mean it doesn't exist at all? No, it does not. This is the same kind of thing. Ethereal.

I'm not an investigator, I was taking the mick. I have researched a lot of this stuff though for years and I have still yet to find any solid evidence to support paranormal beings.I was delusional like you are right now but I eventually came to realize there really is no evidence, just charlatan mediums and repetitive esoteric nonsence.You will one day come to the same conclusion or maybe you won't. I don't really care, as they say one born every minute.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

LOL! Have you completely missed every place I've written that *I am the experiencer*. I am not asking others to do the sensing for me. I do it. I feel them. I hear them. I see them. I don't need further corroboration or validation that they exist. I don't need man-made machines and criteria registering and put on paper to tell me what I know. You cannot sense what is around you and so you need someone to quantify and qualify your surroundings to you. That, dear friend, is where the difference lies.

I didn't accept any of this stuff at face value at first. I was skeptical too. And I was spooked when something happened. But it did and frequently. I was firmly planted on the side of science but when you experience something for long enough, you cannot deny it anymore without having to declare yourself an utter fool. Science failed and still fails. Isn't that what you're experiencing? You can't sense these things with all the human ingenuity. Who are the charlatans? It's all about the hype and the money and the power to determine the reality of the weak-minded. And they do. You buy it. Do you feel smart now?

No one can dictate my experiences to me. I know what I know. That's what we call "reality", see. Do you understand? Because you haven't experienced it doesn't make it disappear from reality. You only define your own reality and yours consists of little men with pieces of paper showing you how much smarter they are than you. I give them no credence. My own senses are more than enough. This is my world.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

LOL! Have you completely missed every place I've written that *I am the experiencer*. I am not asking others to do the sensing for me. I do it. I feel them. I hear them. I see them. I don't need further corroboration or validation that they exist. I don't need man-made machines and criteria registering and put on paper to tell me what I know. You cannot sense what is around you and so you need someone to quantify and qualify your surroundings to you. That, dear friend, is where the difference lies.

I didn't accept any of this stuff at face value at first. I was skeptical too. And I was spooked when something happened. But it did and frequently. I was firmly planted on the side of science but when you experience something for long enough, you cannot deny it anymore without having to declare yourself an utter fool. Science failed and still fails. Isn't that what you're experiencing? You can't sense these things with all the human ingenuity. Who are the charlatans? It's all about the hype and the money and the power to determine the reality of the weak-minded. And they do. You buy it. Do you feel smart now?

No one can dictate my experiences to me. I know what I know. That's what we call "reality", see. Do you understand? Because you haven't experienced it doesn't make it disappear from reality. You only define your own reality and yours consists of little men with pieces of paper showing you how much smarter they are than you. I give them no credence. My own senses are more than enough. This is my world.

Actually I have been experiencing OBE'S and beings in that space most of my life. I used to think this place was real because of how fantastic these experiences are but I now realize this is not true. I have studied these subjects extensively and the conclusion I have come to is that it's all in the mind. I would love to think I'm wrong but I remain unconvinced. And saying "You only define your own reality and yours consists of little men with pieces of paper showing you how much smarter they are than you" is completely ignorant.You have no idea who I am or what I have experienced. I have been subject to the very world where these entities are believed to come from and I now know better. Putting LOL at the beginning of your post just shows where you mind currently is and how naive you are.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What is ignorant is to deny your own experiences. So you now claim to have had OBEs but are they all in your head? If so, no amount of evidence will convince you. Your fear is too great.

LOL is not a sign of naïvete nor anything. This is the Internet. That is a wholly appropriate expression in lieu of physical presence. But I must say, you are making aspects of your personality very clear to not only me, I'm sure.

My advice is for you to accept things more readily. We are simply not equipped to explain things here. The human form is limited. Our experience is limited. Don't limit it more with your fear and need for validation. Just accept things. You will be happier.

Unfortunately our public dialogue is now over. Continuation will occur in u2u if you wish but this is really going nowhere and is now hijacking the thread. Bad form.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What is ignorant is to deny your own experiences. So you now claim to have had OBEs but are they all in your head? If so, no amount of evidence will convince you. Your fear is too great.

LOL is not a sign of naïvete nor anything. This is the Internet. That is a wholly appropriate expression in lieu of physical presence. But I must say, you are making aspects of your personality very clear to not only me, I'm sure.

My advice is for you to accept things more readily. We are simply not equipped to explain things here. The human form is limited. Our experience is limited. Don't limit it more with your fear and need for validation. Just accept things. You will be happier.

Unfortunately our public dialogue is now over. Continuation will occur in u2u if you wish but this is really going nowhere and is now hijacking the thread. Bad form.

Please get off your high horse, you are clearly delusional and have not done any real research.You are emotionaly invested and will never see the real picture or reason.I was once where you now are and I now know better. You will one day realise how embarrasing you once were, then again you probably won't. Everything you say I have heard before. It's just the same circular argument from those who are desperate to believe.
Edit to add, I have no fear of OBE'S I actually love that place more than any other, it's wonderful but that doesn't mean it's real.You have no idea what you are talking about, sorry.
edit on 28-1-2012 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Experience is the greatest teacher. You've had experiences, but not ones that are convincing you. So, I suppose that this means you will need more experiences of different types to move your opinion.

I'd suggest that you keep your mind open, because I believe that you might be wrong. Not wrong about your particular OBEs. They may indeed be a type of dream. Okay.

But to completely dismiss all paranormal entities as imagination is a bit sweeping. I'm a bit of a psychic dud, myself. But I will tell you I have seen enough and experienced enough to convince me utterly of the truth that there is a paranormal world that is just beyond our understanding, but here and real nonetheless.

Now, measuring it with physical devices that measure the physical is one thing I'm not convinced works, myself. I don't usually buy into the Ghost Photos, EVPs, Spirit Boxes, etc. as evidence.

But I do NOT dismiss all things paranormal just because we don't have the tools to measure them.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Like I said, I've seen enough to know that we as a species do not fully comprehend what happens when we cross over into the hereafter. I have seen short shadow forms (none bigger than hobbit-sized, about 2-3 feet tall) out of the corners of my eyes my whole life. I have seen with a full field of view in a well-lit parking lot a smoky black translucent dog running into thick underbrush. I have heard a floorboard creak with nobody else around. That particular floorboard took 150 lbs of downward force to creak. I knew this because I had been creaking that particular floorboard ten times a day for two years. I confirmed the weight with the help of several friends.

There is something out there. I want to know. I want pictures. I want audio. I want something tangible that I can show people and say "look. This wasn't a trick of the eyes, or dust, or cars. This is truly unexplainable and proof that we need to possibly re-evaluate how we treat each other on this planet because it has direct influence on how we spend eternity."

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Okay, I understand that you want these things. But *why* do you want them? Inn't the fact that you know completely and wholeheartedly that these things are as real as you are (exactly that real, in fact) enough? If not, then why not? When you have that verification, what then? What will those values and pixels mean?

If you sense these entities and know they are there, wouldn't it be of more value to find out about their nature? Find out why they are here, what they need. Not all of them need something. Some are literally emotions replaying for some reason or another. Some are genuinely searching and ill-at-ease. There are probably as many stories as we living have.

I'm dogsitting right now for a dog who sees energies. He's looking at something right now. My clairvoyant daughter cannot always see what he does. I cannot always see what he does. But he interacts with them too. I think it's just wonderful.

These 2-3ft beings you see: Are they white and seem to have a wide grin and waving hands? Do they have what seem to be hats on their heads? They usually come in groups. I haven't seen them in a few months now.

This is a natural world. Why do you want to use our rickety tech to validate something so beautifully and elegantly otherwise?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Not white. Black. They move to fast to see much detail. They're classic shadow people but half sized.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Interesting. Well, there are as many kinds as there are people to see them. When you're with someone and they see the exact same thing, *that* is an amazing thing. Oh, the stories I could tell you.

Where do you see these black ones? Are they in some bodily form or wispy like smoke? The white ones are ... well, not human form other than the fact that they have the head on top and arms (or something) on the sides. The head has two biggish eyes in front and a wide grin. Not spooky in any way - at least not to me - and they have that hat-like thing on top. Sort of rolled brim and tight down on their heads. They just stand there, waving and smiling at me. I don't know why they come to me or what they want. I've never been able to get any info.

So many things I could tell you.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join