It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Uluburun shipwreck sunk 3,400 years ago

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What an amazing find. As some of the other posters have mentioned, I really appreciate the OP for posting this. I found it educational and fascinating.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Yes I was there in 82 and again in 95 and a quick pass thru in 98 or so. Always went to that restaurant which had a kabab where they soaked the lamb chunks in onion juice and garlic for a week or more.

Always liked that town and the museum

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It should be well known that we were well advanced during this period (1400 BC until 1301 BC or aproximately 3350 to 3251 years ago). By this time, we had already colonized the Pacific Ocean and all of earth.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Do not let the image of "primitive technologies" allude you. It is simply a means of what was and was not necessary to a group of people. What should be known is when the explosive diaspora of our thinking occurred, and this most likely occurred during the neolithic.

en.wikipedia.org...

First, know that we walk on the dirt of this planet, and this planet gives us a surface to inhabit. Second, know that this planet changes.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are many factors in the evolution of our mind. The blocks were laid millions of years before the neolithic. The neolithic only allowed us to own our evolution.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by voicefromtheages
By this time, we had already colonized the Pacific Ocean and all of earth.

Thanks for the post

One quibble; we had spread to most of the earth by then but certain areas had not yet been reached, the eastern Pacific had not yet been reached by the Polynesians, a number of islands off Africa, northern Europe, Asia, etc

top topics

<< 1   >>

join