It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Calender is the Haydron Collider?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A spooky way to look at it.

I just thought, if you took things literally and maybe the ancients did in some ways too because their minds were not polluted by lots of other information, maybe the clue to the Calendar is not just the calculating but the picture itself.

What if they were trying to say that this futuristic device will somehow cause the end, they somehow saw it happen it was passed down by the prophets and was somehow mistranslated but in a way held some truth to it.
Although the Pyramids might have been used as tombs they might not have been the real reason for them because the maths behind it is more complex than we imagine and the Mayans were somehow scatted at the tower of Babel and the information just got passed down from there with their pyramid culture having similarities.

If you look at the picture of the Mayan Calendar almost looks the same as the collider, like an ancient people trying to explain something far into the future which they never understood, unless of course it was all part of a devilish ancient plan.

It has 8 points of direction; the collider has 8 horns like pipes going into it.
The Calendar has 8 circles going into the middle; the collider has 8 support sections.
The face in the middle represents 'the God particle.'

blogs.datadirect.com...

I must admit I am being really out of the logical zone here but at the same time it has a very good fictional setting, I do bet I am wrong but even so it has a spooky feel to it.

edit on 27-1-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

I must admit I am being really out of the logical zone here

Boy, could have fooled me!!

Edit to add, I call it symmetry. Simple and logical symmetry.

If the mayan calender was an obtuse jumble of whacky angles, .. never mind, just.. man..

edit on 27-1-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Was not meant to fool anyone but I thought maybe the similarites could hold a clue, its a long shot but who knows, so anyone out there don't copyright if I found out first. :

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The HC always creeps me out..I don't know why it gives me the creeps.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Erm it's Hadron Collider...Large Hadron Collider.

I know.... grammar nazi..

But no...i do not think the Mayans are describing the Collider.

The Mayans if anything, speak of the group psychology of man and cycles of learning.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If you look at the picture of the Mayan Calendar it almost looks the same as the collider, like an ancient people trying to explain something far into the future which they never understood,

Or the Mayan calendar is...

Now say with me on this,

a Mayan calendar.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It was a spare of the moment thing, I decided to do this thread in which I could have left it out but thought just maybe a one in ten chance that it may be an amusing thread.

Corrected excited typo.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Corrected, I get excited when I type, must put all my ideas down before I forget.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The Hadron Collider only exists in Angels and Demons and on the telly.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well... I dont know about you... But im hoping the Hard on collider will cause an apocalypse...
Thats just me though... you go ahead, and continue to enjoy this twisted, perverted, and unjust world....

Ill cya... (not soon) at the place were all will be explained in detail... untill then, enjoy your way of seeing things...
[ I wont... ]

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
As strange as it sounds how can anyone possibly rule it out as a possible scenario.

No-one knows for sure and if they do they are either not of this world or just plain kidding themselves!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is the exact kind of thing I was talking about in my thread earlier today. What you have posted a picture of is not the "Mayan Calendar." It is the Aztec Sun Stone. However, since so many New Age authors have labeled it the "Mayan Calendar" and since 2012 believers take what New Age authors say without question most now think that the Aztec Sun Stone is the "Mayan Calendar." I should also point out that your picture of the LHC is from when it was under construction. So even if the Aztec Sun Stone were the "Mayan Calendar" why would they be depicting a partially completed particle accelerator?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It gives me the creeps too.
Maybe it is Science's Frankenstein.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
this guy knows more than most about the mayans !

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Yes! Yes! And, in the same way, the 8 sided hubcap on my car tires may also be a death machine like the Haydon Collider! I always suspected it!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff
The Hadron Collider only exists in Angels and Demons and on the telly.

Wait, what now?

So the LHC in Geneva and the smaller one in America are both fakes and don't exist?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea

Yes! Yes! And, in the same way, the 8 sided hubcap on my car tires may also be a death machine like the Haydon Collider! I always suspected it!!!

I have seen people look a bit odd in their cars maybe its my imagination?

Here is a government advert to warn these wide eyed beings, depends how you read it.

It looks a bit like they are saying watch out Aliens you might be spotted, or they are just saying the drugs make you look funny and you can be spotted.

The difference is that 2012 Mayan Prophecies and a machine that is looking for the so called start of the universe are two very big concepts set up at round the right time, people do not know what they are in for when experimenting with particles we don't even understand yet and the consequences of travelling faster than light.

www.youtube.com...

Literally some people do look a bit like that, then again could be me.

I am not too fussed either but thought maybe what if we are reading it the wrong way.
edit on 28-1-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Is man bringing his own end by switching it on or by trying to destroy it or use it for political motives?

www.viewzone.com...

Cog or "gears" can be used to compute the religious and solar cycles for any date.

The days of the long count are numbered with an unusual system. Instead of writing numbers as we do, from right to left with each place being a multiple of 10 (i.e. 10000, 1000, 100, 10, 1), the Mayans had only 5 places.

VS

On the outside the Collider is a wheel within a wheel.

Then just to add to far fetched theory:

A would-be saboteur arrested today at the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland made the bizarre claim that he was from the future. Eloi Cole, a strangely dressed young man, said that he had travelled back in time to prevent the LHC from destroying the world.

The LHC successfully collided particles at record force earlier this week, a milestone Mr Cole was attempting to disrupt by stopping supplies of Mountain Dew to the experiment's vending machines. He also claimed responsibility for the infamous baguette sabotage in November last year.

Mr Cole was seized by Swiss police after CERN security guards spotted him rooting around in bins. He explained that he was looking for fuel for his 'time machine power unit', a device that resembled a kitchen blender.

Police said Mr Cole, who was wearing a bow tie and rather too much tweed for his age, would not reveal his country of origin. "Countries do not exist where I am from. The discovery of the Higgs boson led to limitless power, the elimination of poverty and Kit-Kats for everyone. It is a communist chocolate hellhole and I'm here to stop it ever happening."
Text

crave.cnet.co.uk...

A more serious story was on the BBC.

news.bbc.co.uk...

'Al-Qaeda-link' Cern worker held

France has arrested a researcher at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (Cern) for suspected links with al-Qaeda, officials have said.

The 32-year-old man of Algerian descent was one of two brothers detained in the south-east town of Vienne on Thursday.

Police believe they had been in contact over the internet with people linked to al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, and had been planning attacks in France.

Cern's Large Hadron Collider is aiming to recreate conditions of the Big Bang.

The organisation confirmed that a physicist working at its site had been arrested "under suspicion of links to terrorist organisations", and said it was helping the French police with their investigation.

Text

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
This is the exact kind of thing I was talking about in my thread earlier today. What you have posted a picture of is not the "Mayan Calendar." It is the Aztec Sun Stone. However, since so many New Age authors have labeled it the "Mayan Calendar" and since 2012 believers take what New Age authors say without question most now think that the Aztec Sun Stone is the "Mayan Calendar." I should also point out that your picture of the LHC is from when it was under construction. So even if the Aztec Sun Stone were the "Mayan Calendar" why would they be depicting a partially completed particle accelerator?

I had a poster of this about 40 years ago along with Dali posters etc.
As I remember it it was produced by Athena prints and titled "Tha Aztec Calender of Eternity"

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If our current dating system is a little out or wrong the whole theory will be wrong and there is no point in having it because there is no point of reference, if it has some stella alignments to correspond with ours in 2012 then I might believe it a bit more, so far I don't take it too seriously either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join