It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide Surveillance coming soon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So recently they just deployed what is called "Super WiFi" in the US. It's in a lower frequency band which allows it to travel a greater distance than your typical WiFi as well as the ability to penetrate through surfaces. Right now there is currently only 1 device approved by the FCC that is allowed to receive this signal and me as a tech geek think this is a great leap in communication for hand held devices, but what scares me is this quote

The main functions of the current system are for video surveillance, citizen and property security, traffic surveillance/mitigation and public wireless Internet access," Spectrum Bridge said on Thursday. "In the near future, cities will be connected through integrated wireless networking technology to manage congestion, maximize energy efficiency, enhance public safety and provide valuable services to the citizens within the community. With these advanced monitoring systems and smart sensors, city management enhances the decision-making by collecting the data and analyzing it in real-time.

Source Fairly long read.

What do you guys think? Am I being just being paranoid?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jidnum
What do you guys think? Am I being just being paranoid?

Uh, yea, maybe you are.....(sarcasm)

BTW: do you know of anywhere I can buy some lead based paint for my house. Just....ya know.....I think it has better ........uh .......color......than paints that (dont block wifi signals)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Interesting.

By the look of it, the technology will be very limited.

I doubt it will be used for anything but one-way communication due to the limitations of the carrier signal.

Similar things have/are been/being done by amateur radio enthusiasts(HAM) though the low frequency imposes restrictions on the carrier signal.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Check this out!

Story - www.youtube.com...

The New World Order Is Here - www.youtube.com...

WE DON'T LOOK SO CRAZY ANYMORE HUH? PASS IT AROUND!

new topics

top topics

join