It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endgame Begins - UK "Foreign Office Sources Say Merkel Now Thinks Greece Will Default"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
ZeroHedge reporting

Courtesy of the BBC's Andrew Neil, on the back of the previously noted formal annexation demand of Greece by Germany:

Of course, this is what we, and everyone else whose frontal lobe has not bee hijacked by the status quo, said back in January 2010...

JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley better pray they are right when they say they are 100% insulated from contagion, because we are all about to find out.

I wonder a default by Greece is imminent, or likely to occur sometime down the track contingent upon the outcome of further negotiations? If it happens, then at least we get to see to what extent of financial and economic damage is wreaked through contagion.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

I think this weeks meeting at Davos has been finalizing what all of us have known for months.

Greece has to go, so do Portugal and Spain.

Russia may join, wouldn't that be a surprise.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
March is the month that sticks. That will be the first round of whether or not Greece will default. I read it somewhere that that will be the turning point. It will be interesting if there is a domino effect or if Greece will default and the other countries hang in for months, I can't imagine a year plus but I could be wrong.
edit on 27-1-2012 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

join