It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanic Moon, Three Days of Darkness, Fire and Brimstone, Need some help with mass.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm not really interested in providing the evidence for what I'm about to ask, it's a simple math problem but because I have TBI, it is long and frustrating for me to complete.

First I'm just going to lay out the facts to give you the reason I'm asking, but remember, I don't really care if you agree or disagree, I just need an answer so if you're not willing to give that don't bother trying to 'debunk' this theory. Basically, to the would be trolls, and ATS, I owe you one!

1) The dark side of the moon has a silicon producing volcano that was active at most 1billion years ago.
2) The moon is shrinking and has loss 1 football field of mass.
3) Current mass commonly accepted is 7.36 × 1022 kilograms.
4) How much ejecta would it take to pepper the sky in such a way as to cause 'three days of darkness' or even slight dimmness.

I'm also considering what effect would that ejecta have on earths upper atmosphere, water cycle and tables, oceans, land and so on.

Here's the other fact I forgot. The distance to the moons core from it's surface has decreased 300ft in the last 1bn or so years.

If you can only answer one of the questions, please do, I understand I have asked a lot. If this thread happens to get long, please PM me when you reply with specifics of where your post is or a direct link. Most of my replies will be via PM if I get the answers I'm hoping not to get at all.

edit on 2012/1/27 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
there is only 1 question among those 4 things you added?
and i cant answer it..
the other 3 are what??

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

1 football field is an area, not a mass

4) How much ejecta would it take to pepper the sky in such a way as to cause 'three days of darkness' or even slight dimmness.

You would need a computer to model this. There is no pencil-and-paper mathematical answer.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I was obtuse, sorry.

How much ejecta would it take to cause three days of darkness, even if it had to be when it entered the atmosphere of the earth instead of when it was ejected?

Does that confirm a loss of volume equal to those 300ft?

Would the matter falling to earth cause the events (or most of) in Revelations?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The mass it is currently loosing is due to plain dust being carried off into space. One billion years ago, I'm sure that the volcano had its relevancy, but not now. More than likely, I would look to the belt of debris between Mars and the gas giants for the fire and brimstone, and also for the three days of darkness. If there is an impact on the far side of the moon by a small meteor, then you will have a dust up of some relevant mass to darken the face for a brief period, perhaps the required 72 hours or so. Its happened before, it'll happen again someday. Good luck on your answers. Please keep in mind though, this is science, not religion.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

1 football field is an area, not a mass

You knew what I meant, give a guy a break when he's asking due to clarity issues in his own mind, much less what comes out of his fingers.

I mean what my mind made my fingers type, sheesh.

As far as needing a computer model, if you don't have one do you know someone that might because that's basically my question.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have no anwser to any of your questions unfortunately. Are you by any chance asking this because of the supposed 3 days of darkness that may/may not take place on the 21st of December this year?

Bit of a random question i know

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
To know, and to give someone else who might want to know a good way to waste time in a simulator.

Don't you want to know, just to know? I like to know things, you know?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
oh!
An interesting challenge.

/run go get my slide rule

/bite toung while figuring...
David Grouchy

... a little self deprecating humor while I crunch numbers...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, I thought there are no REAL proof that volcano's were EVER on moon.
Just saying.

Theory that volcano's were on moon are in conflict with theories that moon is artificially created body.
We have more proofs for artificial moon theory, than to theory that volcano's were on moon.
edit on 27-1-2012 by ferumbra because: .

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

This will be very approximate.
Given that it would have to blanket the entire planet in order to cause darkness for a full 3 days on a rotating Earth, that represents a surface area of about 518,102,000 km^2 (or half that if you don't want it to cover lower and higher latitudes).
The amount of material, then, depends on the thickness and density required to block the light from the sun. Let's say it's distributed over an altitude of 20 km. That's a volume of (4/3)*pi*2466057260 = 10,329,796,495 km^3.
At this thickness, and as a very rough estimate (it depends on particulate size), the minimum density required to block sunlight should be around 50,000 kg/km^3.
That gives a mass of 516,500,000,000,000 kg. That's 1/142,260,000 the mass of the Moon, and, given the density of the Moon, would represent a lunar volume of about 155 km^3 (37 cubic miles).

Also, just as a friendly reminder...it's Revelation, not Revelations.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

A volcano ejects a lava bomb straight upward with an initial speed 23m/s.

science forums

If this speed applies to volcanos on the Moon is another question. I continue on with my quick and dirty calculations undetered...

Lunar Escape Velocity

2.37 (km/sec)

uk.answers.yahoo

let's convert that to meters per second

2.37 * 1000 = 2370 m/s

so far...

0023 meters a second lava bomb
2370 meters a second lunar escape

rough ANSWER:

No.

A volcano is underpowered,
it requires x 100 more explosive force.

===================

caveat: I'm not sure if the ejecta speed of a thorium/silicate lava bomb on the moon would be faster or not.

On the one hand the greater gravity and pressure of Earth may make for a stronger explosion. Then the Moon's volcanic ejecta would be even slower

On the other hand the lower gravity and pressure of the Moon may make for a stronger explosion. I just don't know

=======================

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferumbra
Well, I thought there are no REAL proof that volcano's were EVER on moon.
Just saying.

Here is NASA's current proof...
The colored area represents Thorium in Parts Per Million.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Also,
I didn't adjust for the fact that the volcano specified
is below the average radius of the moon,
being at a very low elevation.

As a result
gravity would be stronger,
and the ejecta would have to be even faster.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The 3 days of darkness will have absolutely nothing to do with anything the moon is gonna spit out. The volcano on the moon won't produce enough dust to envelope the whole planet for 3 days in complete darkness. Not from those "facts" you gave us. Try again ?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Mount St. Helens eruption . . . ejected 1.4 billion cubic yards of ash

That sounds like a hell of a lot more than a football sized area,
and it didn't blot out the sun world wide.

/nod
David Grouchy

... now where is my cookie?
edit on 27-1-2012 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
the prophecy of '3' day of darkness...is a finite period...a 72 hour phony-nom-a-na

so a moon originated cloud of ash or moon ejecta is 99.9% a non-item

a 3 days of darkness ( which involves the 12 hours of light during a 24 hour period...for 3 days running)

is meant to be an exact 'sign'...
the promised 3 'days' of no Sun light would have a most dramatic effect if the 3 day period were during
some festival or daytime related observance/celebration period.

few people would take notice if 3 days of darkness were in Winter
but if the 3 days of darkness were around a May Day or a July 4th...the Media would sure
make it well known to the masses

(hey, most people commute to work in the pre-dawn---return home in the twilight..
.& all their 'days' are in a cubicle or office) --- leaving it to their imagination that there was no 'daylight'

now... since the 3 days of darkness means that it won't be a subdued light nor a twilight...then the 'darkness', must be either a metaphor or a reality
Darkness in a emotional/moralistic sense
Darkness in a physics sense

i can't see the Earth not rotating to create Days/Nights
nor can i see a super mother-ship putting the Planet Earth in the shadow of its presence

so (and I disagree)... the darkness has got to be a supernatural event for 72 consecutive hours GMT
which is supposed to befuddle humankind...and lead to a belief in Christian dogma/religion

hey... does that Photon Belt still exist to all those channelers & assorted 'believers'?
that cloud of photons might be a cause for the 72 hour darkness thing

i get exhausted typing so bye-bye

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

nice deductions,three days of darkness could mean three days of utter chaos if you have been caught outside in the open,I believe something natural happens that causes people and possibly animals to behave in strange and maybe dangerous ways,uncontrolled ways,then it is over and wether those affected live or die is a mystery,but I think those inside are protected,this seems like a memory scramble or a loss of the grasp on reality because of a natural phenomonon.

or we could pass through a region of space that clouds out the sun,say a large planet with an elliptical orbit passes between the sun and earth dragging its own cloud with it that takes three days to pass,this is the only scenario that could account for darkness all around the entire globe on both sides.

Like the Planet supposedly coming this way as we speak.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

. . . .
Here's the other fact I forgot. The distance to the moons core from it's surface has decreased 300ft in the last 1bn or so years.

edit on 2012/1/27 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

How do you know that the distance to the moon's core from its surface has decreased 300 feet in the last 1 billion years? Who measured it back then? Where was the information written down? What language was it written in? How was it translated?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is a math thread, and the math hasn't been done. If you took the radius from the center of the moon and subtracted 300 feet, the moon is shrinking. That pressure builds up, and there is a giant volcano on the other side of the moon whether anyone believes it or not. I know some of you new age kids like to construct your own reality, but I'm just asking for simple math here and I'm getting thrown into religious and textual debates.

I don't care and while I'm interested and won't call you out for being off topic even though I clearly stated this was about math and not debunking telling me it won't happen.

I don't care if it happens, I don't believe it will happen, I just want to know if the math supports a scenario.

Scenario:

Volcano on moon erupts when moonquakes cause a violent increase in pressure due to shrinking. Matter is ejected into space, and begins to fall toward the earth after cooling in space. The matter falls to earth, possible appearing as fire and brimstone prohphets have spoken of (like in Revelation).

The moon might be small compared to earth, but it is still massive. Taking the top 300ft off of the moon and scattering it around the planet where it can fall through the atmoshphere is some cool math to play with.

A lot more interesting than trying to debunk something that isn't even a conspiracy, or a theory, just a fun puzzle.

A mind game.

A challenge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join