It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - Students Stratosphere Balloon Captures UFO on Video!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

hahaha..."moonies" that one Is new to me, but it will be added to my Repertoire...Thanks

edit on 28-1-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

dude you can go outside and the moon will be huge. and then you can go out a few hours later and it'll be tiny. the image in film is the moon.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
he might have been talking about this object and not the moon at the end,, closer to 54 sec in

still couldnt say what it is just a dot in the sky at this point.
edit on 27-1-2012 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

Thats either a sea gull or Venus.

Ko3

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
reply to post by Mianeye

dude you can go outside and the moon will be huge. and then you can go out a few hours later and it'll be tiny. the image in film is the moon.
Wait what

I am on earth, what planet do you come from

First: That answer has nothing to do with my question.

Second: I never said it wasn't the moon.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
reply to post by Mianeye

I have noticed this as well! At around midnight it had the size of the sun, 3 hours later it had shrunk to the size of a bright star. I think its a common phenomenon.

Ko3

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Thank you for the assist! Yes this is the object I was talking about. The object is lower than the camera, so it is in the upper atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

It couldn't be a satellite, not that low, how would it stay up? The camera did not make it into low earth orbit, if it would have the balloon would have popped and the camera would have (A) kept moving away from the earth, or (B) remained in orbit. I am a student pilot, I've been up many times at night, the moon does not get smaller the higher up you go, doesn't really make sense to state something like that does it? If anything, the moon should have appeared large and bright from that altitude, roughly the size of a dime or nickel, even with a wide aspect lens, and a satellite wouldn't have shown up from that distance, a satellite the size of a stadium maybe, but I'm pretty sure the only thing remotely close to that size is the I.S.S., which requires 0G to stay up. Bringing a satellite or the I.S.S. that close in would cause it to fall to earth.

edit on 28-1-2012 by SubAttomic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAttomic

I think Tommyjo's video on page 2 pretty much put the nail on the coffin as to it being the moon. Not sure why this is still even being discussed...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Why are we postulating about a speck?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Nice...is there a link of how to make a similar project or the procedure they followed?
on topic: i think it is a moon.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is a bit off topic, but I just saw on the Weather Channel at their web site, about strange lights above Utah. Here's the video link, thought it might be of interest. I'd start a new thread, but I'm too new to do so. Mods, please split this if needed.

www.weather.com...=41/169/25863

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Just curious as to way you have to post this everywhere. It's really not as funny as you think it is.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lovecents

He's just proud to be Canadian!! You must realize that Canada has just entered the space race with their high powered super optic balloon!

-Sub

edit on 30-1-2012 by SubAttomic because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2012 by SubAttomic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubAttomic
The Moon? LOL. Kind of small to be the moon? Especially from that altitude.

A nice quote from someone who knows nothing about photography and the effect of the focal length of a lens!

Here is a link to a picture of the Moon all taken with Canon DSLR cameras all using the SAME lens look how the moon looks a different size due to sensor size of camera used!

The size would also look different using a 50mm lens or a 100,200,500,600mm etc,etc

They used a small video camera for the lego man trip.

You see sometimes what you think should happen doesn't thats when you should try and LEARN why it doesn't!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_of_3NKi

Thats either a sea gull or Venus.

Ko3

Not sure if being serious
edit on 1-2-2012 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join