It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - Students Stratosphere Balloon Captures UFO on Video!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It's the Moon.
On January 7th (the day of the flight) the Moon was very nearly full, rising about an hour and a half before sunset in Toronto. You can see the Sun in the video, on the other side of the sky you can see...the Moon, somewhat closer to the horizon. About an hour and a half closer.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Looks like the moon to me.

However it reminds me of something I saw about 15 years ago in Colorado. A round object orange in color about half the size of the moon or larger from my perspective. Me and a few friends all witnessed it sink behind a mountain. the mountain was at least 20 miles away from us.

It looked a lot like the moon, but more orange and it was within the atmosphere and it literally disappeared behind a mountain. And if I remember correctly the moon was out that evening around sunset so it was definitely not the moon.

So if it is not the moon in the video, that would not surprise me either.

But either way I can not describe what we saw that day, and I have never heard of any similar sightings quite like that one.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I know for a fact this was not the moon it was in fact my balloon launched in Alberta, I will not be offering up my video evidence as it was taken from me by force. I will also add that I know the source of the mysterious sounds heard round the world... Of course I also had 5 mins of Nibiru footage on the lost tape...

But Seriously the first object in the horizon was not the moon... You will never see the Moon that small ever...

I do not wanna hear any of the crap about aspect or whatnot either cause I wont be buying any of that bullpucky...
edit on 28-1-2012 by 5StarOracle because: just cause

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

OK well assuming that you have had a chance to examine the object in question, do you have any idea what it is?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
No sir no idea what it really was, it could be any number of things in my mind but no chance of it being Luna sorry dude.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Cool man.

Read my post above, I have seen something like this in real life.

I do not have any explanation for it however.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

The moon can indeed be orange at times and the speed at which the moon sets behind mountains can seem to be very fast, the size of the moon also seems to be different when looking at it when close to mountains...

Also not everything can or has to be explained that does not mean we have to take someone else and unfounded opinions as fact either.

So keep wondering then you wont be bored cause you know everything.. Know what I'm saying?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Thats all I can do I guess cause I got nothing.

It know it wasn't the moon though.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Im not saying you had to have seen the moon either, I have seen far more then enough strange things happen in the sky. Its there to be seen for all to wonder at, but you gotta be looking up to start with....

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubAttomic
The Moon? LOL. Kind of small to be the moon? Especially from that altitude.

The moon comes out REALLY small looking when you shoot it on video or photograph it, unless you zoom way into it. I am a videographer, and the first time I tried shooting the moon for something I was surprised how incredibly tiny it was in my frame. It was barely more than a dot. (Also, it's much brighter than you might think when full. I had to use ND filters to even see any of the features on its face, otherwise it just looked like a glowing white ball or disk.

It makes you realize just how good human eyes really are that we can see things with such detail so easily.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If the moon shrinks in the wideangel picture, why does the sun stay normal

Just curius....

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle

But Seriously the first object in the horizon was not the moon... You will never see the Moon that small ever...

I do not wanna hear any of the crap about aspect or whatnot either cause I wont be buying any of that bullpucky...
edit on 28-1-2012 by 5StarOracle because: just cause

Seriously? Try some research before crying 'bullpucky'. It is the Moon!

See following video for still shots taken during 2009 during a high altitude balloon flight.

At 3:29 you will see a crescent moon. Note the size? Will you be claiming that this isn't the Moon either?

edit on 28-1-2012 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

Why not contact them and inform them that they will "never see the Moon that small ever"

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-1-2012 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

edit on 28-1-2012 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It looks like the Moon, it's there on the way up, but much clearer in the clearer air, if it was something on the move, you MIGHT NOT expect to see it several times, (emphasis on might not) before anyone starts throwing soggy tissues.
The boys did not seem to have any issue.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Glare!
Can you actually see the circumference of the sun?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Nice, I suppose it could be a lobbed Orbee/z !

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

No, it couldn't be "anything" there are alot of things it definitely couldnt be.!!!!! What it could be however, seeing as we're trying to find this out is a satelite or the ISS? Could be the moon, if indeed it does apear that tiny from that angle and at that time. It could be a plane from a vast distance (though it does look far too high up for that) or ofcourse the it could be something unidentified that flies or floats.? Maybe you or anyone here could tell us what else it could be incase i'm leaving something out but I don't think I am.

Im just trying to localise what could be up there at that altitude so we can guess best, from where i'm standing it's a ufo till i go up there and take a look myself. Anyway, this is all pretty much for nothing as a guess on what a spec is as good as having no video at all.

Look at a spec of dust from our own view.

What is it???
A spec.
Well, lets get an electron microscope at it.
No what is it?! AGH!!! Its an impossible creature!!!

It is ofcourse a dust mite.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Where did you learn about how a distance seems to look in space corellates to the time two objects are either before or behind eachother? I don't know how you can claim to acurately measure that. You infact cant.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It could just simply be a Satellite.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TuXXXeR
reply to post by Phage

Where did you learn about how a distance seems to look in space corellates to the time two objects are either before or behind eachother? I don't know how you can claim to acurately measure that. You infact cant.

In this case you can. Shadows.
If it isn't the Moon, where is the Moon?
edit on 1/28/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have a question..

Would it be possible to put a string on one of those ballons and keep it at a certain hight and keep recording.
I know it would surely be illegal, but how cool a look our tower that would be.. ultimade ufo hunters should do it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join