It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will YOU recognise SHTF before its to late, and what will it look like.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The question that eats at me is quite simple and yet so complex, Will I see STHF before its to late to put my plans in effect, and what will it look like?
Will I be in time to make the correct decisions, have I made my plans flexable enough to adapt to the timing and situational changes to make needed decisions, it really comes down to decisions made, and the timing of those decisions.

So i raise the Question again, this time to all of you, Will YOU recognise SHTF before its to late?, and what do you think it will look like?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

It already has.....
get your supplies together, and prepare to have no modern conveniences. I suppose the CIA or whoever will put another black star on my chart, but oh well.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Apparently not, since we're already knee deep in it.

I know we're there, it's getting worse, but to be honest, I could never tell ya when it started. I just know the time period my eyes were opened up to it, as it had been for many, many people before me.

Though, things have always been so bad.. Here in america, we've been around since 1776 and we've had WAY more years of war than we've had peace. Bet if someone looked up all the wars we had been in since, and tallied them up.. It would be 3X more years of war (guessing more) than we've ever had peace.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

In a lot of ways I want to agree with you. When will it happen? It already started.
Im glad people are starting to pay attention and all, dont get me wrong, but the pots been getting hotter every year, and we still dont seem to know how to jump out of it.

Back to the original question, I think if you know what to look for, and pay attention to, you should be fine. But if your waiting for a clear sign that SHTF... youll be in the same boat as 99% of everybody else. If your not already getting out of dodge by then, its probably to late.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think so ..... Well hope so
The problem is there is too many possible scenarios
All we can do is look for the signs and use our spidey senses
Try as best to get ourselves into a position to hear about it early

But if there was one thing I'd look for as a time to think is it time to go would be the phrase
All citizens should stay at home - or something along those lines

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think its going to be sort of a frog in a boiling pot of water kind of thing. We wont know to jump because the water is slowly raising in temperature.

I personally think the shtf the day the federal reserve act was signed. Long before I was even born.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader

But if there was one thing I'd look for as a time to think is it time to go would be the phrase

I agree, I have a general rule about the MSM that I follow.
When they hype up something as dangerous, I really dont worry to much about it.
Its when they say dont panic that I start to worry.

Im not encouraging anyone to be afraid, fear is very debilitating, and a weapon of war.
However, if there is ever a right time to panic, it would be when TPTB tell you not to.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
from the kolbrin: about a previous passing,

… They had knowledge of … signs and omens, the secrets of the seasons, of the moon and the coming of the waters. ... there were wise men filled with the inner wisdom, who read The Book of Heaven with understanding and knew the signs. … Then the day came when The Lady of the Night changed her garment for one of a different hue, and her form swept more swiftly across the skies. Her tresses streamed out behind in gold and copper, and she rode in a chariot of fire. … the hour of trial draws nigh. The shadow of doom approaches this land … because you have not mingled with the wicked, you are set apart and shall not perish. Abandon your abode and possessions, for the hour of doom is at hand; neither gold nor treasure can buy a reprieve.

And then it then planet passed:

Then, with the dawning, men saw an awesome sight. There, riding on a great black rolling cloud came the Destroyer, newly released from the confines of the sky vaults, and she raged about the Heavens, for it was her day of judgement. The beast with her opened its mouth and belched froth fire and hot stones and a vile smoke. It covered the whole sky above and the meeting place of Earth and Heaven could no longer be seen. In the evening the places of the stars were changed, they rolled across the sky to new stations, then the floodwaters came. … The floodgates of Heaven were opened and the foundations of Earth were broken apart. The surrounding waters poured over the land and broke upon the mountains. … storms and whirlwinds were loosed. … There was a time of great heat, then came a time of bitter cold. The waves over the waters did not rise and fall but seethed and swirled. … The stars in the Heavens were loosened from their places, so they dashed about in confusion. There was a revolt on high, a new ruler appeared there and swept across the sky in majesty. … The Destroyer passed away into the fastness of Heaven and the great flood remained seven days, diminishing day by day as the waters drained away to their places

And some more from the kolbrin:

The Doomshape, called the Destroyer, in Egypt, was seen in all the lands, thereabouts. In color, it was bright and fiery, in appearance changing and unstable. It twisted about itself like a coil … It was not a great comet or a loosened star, being more like a fiery body of flame. Its movements on high were slow, below it swirled in the manner of smoke and it remained close to the sun, whose face it hid. There was a bloody redness about it, which changed as it passed along its course. It caused death and destruction in its rising and setting. It swept the Earth with grey cinder rain and caused many plagues, hunger and other evils. It bit the skin of men and beast until they became mottled with sores. In the glow of the Destroyer the Earth was filled with redness. The face of the land was battered and devastated by a hail of stones which smashed down all that stood in the path of the torrent. They swept down in hot showers, and strange flowing fire ran along the ground in their wake. The fish of the river died; worms, insects and reptiles sprang up from the Earth. The gloom of a long night spread a dark mantle of blackness which extinguished every ray of light. None knew when it was day and when it was night, for the sun cast no shadow. The darkness was not the clean blackness of night, but a thick darkness in which the breath of men was stopped in their throats. Men gasped in a hot cloud of vapour which enveloped all the land and snuffed out all lamps and fires. … Ships were sucked away from their moorings and destroyed in great whirlpools. It was a time of undoing.

The East was troubled and shook, the hills and mountains moved and rocked. … The Doomshape thundered sharply in the Heavens and shot out bright lightings. Then a voice like ten thousand trumpets was heard … The whole of the land moved and mountains melted. The sky itself roared like ten thousand lions in agony, and bright arrows of blood sped back and forth across its face. It is thus described in the old records, few of which remain. It is said that when it appears in the Heavens above, Earth splits open from the heat, like a nut roasted before the fire. Then flames shoot up through the surface and leap about. … The Doomshape .. covers about a fifth part of the sky and sends writhing, snakelike finger down to Earth. Midday is no brighter than night. .. Come, the day surely will, and in accordance with his nature man will be unprepared. The Earth turned over, as clay spun upon a potter's wheel. … The craftsman left his task undone, the potter abandoned his wheel and the carpenter his tools. … Men lost their senses and became mad. On the great night of the Destroyer's wrath, when its terror was at its height, there was a hail of rocks. … The habitations of men collapsed upon those inside. .. the temples and palaces of the nobles were thrown down from their foundation

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

After watching The Walking Dead (Best show ever) I would recommend stay out of the cities and rural areas...if a disease of some sort broke out that they had to purge quickly, they would bomb the streets. Only way to survive the horror would be stay away from everyone else like out in the country. That would also make it harder for the military to round you up because they will hit the rural areas first.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Great question. I have been asking myself the same thing lately.

I have been anticipating for it to go down some time this year (for over 12 months now).

The big question is from what angle(s) can we expect the chaos to come from.

My main area of concern being located on the East Coast of Australia are tsunamis.

If I am lucky enough to be spared from any catastrophic natural disasters but instead have to endure a total society collapse/breakdown I believe the warning signs will be extremely obvious and I will be mentally and physically prepared for whatever comes my way.

I am open to a vast number of possibilities and am mentally prepared for things so out there that the majority of people wouldn't even think twice about. Possible ET invasion or interference is definately right up there with Mega tsunami's, Super volcano erruptions, World War III, comet/asteroid impact, other unearthly influences and total world wide economic collapse.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Go to your local mall, see all of those empty store fronts?
Yep, it's here.
Do what you can while you can.
Make sure you have abit of food put back and a way to protect it.
Make sure you have a way of acquiring new food, seeds hunting.
Make sure you have good friends.
The S already HTF.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If my mind the s*** has not hit the fan. It is getting closer but not yet. The middle class is still hanging on and the entitlement checks are still being sent. I feel that when we see cities or towns filing backruptcy. Look at California, I thought the state would have filed bankruptcy years ago but it is hanging in there. I am not kidding myself but I need more time. Our current debate is sell our home at a loss and move to a rural area or hang in, work and prep while we can.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The first thing that you need to survive is any sort of catastrophic event. For instance if there is a limited war, and a bomb gets dropped on you, then you lose.

If there are roving gangs of thugs, once again you have to have luck on your side.

No one knows something big will go down but if you are well stocked, and have planned ahead, it increases your odds.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think most won't, That don't mean you automatically die though.

It's just the sooner you realize it is that much more time your ahead of everybody else.

Personally I already have moved and live where I plan to stay except in certain circumstances (very few).
I already have water needs set up with a wells (2) and have the food situation taken care of for over a year. I have the land, water & seeds to grow my own food indefinably.

All supplies are laid in deep with the ability to defend them. The only thing I would have to do when it happens is get the family here and they all live less than 5 miles from me. If I am at work I can hike home in less than 2 hours.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Great responces, i have thought more then once that it has already begun. its very hard to say, the situation is different for every possability, but i have thought, has it already begun.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If your not living off the grid and adjusting now - idk - I believe you accept a very probable death whenever, if ever, that Real thick and Heavy s-does-htf.

I don't know if you'll see it even if those eyes and ears are wide open everyday. *shtf* on a weekday and you aren't on your game.... slash your chances of survival

If a hardcore economic collapse, you might be able skip town within,,, the first 2 days?

If an elaborate chemical attack/whatever 'overnight', majority of city dwellers will probably be perfectly checkmated point blank. unless you got some super vitamins or a basement full of bamf'ing scientists in a genie lamp

if believing in a crooked devious tptb,,, it sure wouldn't surprise me if there numerous other ambiguous methods slowly desensitizing us so within a couple years or months our grey matter has manipulated and reduced to nothing and we will all have a slight feeling of something fishy is happening; sure ppl have their own personal preoccupations and distractions & some are at least shallow zombie half-breeds.. but I wouldn't totally rule incremental mass sedation out. lsd/chemtrails/flouride could be seriously rudimentary in the underground by now, melodramatic I know lol . paranoid me frequently surfaces

"the Apocalypse won't be televised, but the Holocaust will be. the guilty won't be tried but the innocent will be".

no?

above all, be prepared for the worst... and uh don't lose your head if you can help it

lots of if's maybes probably's and need to do's
edit on 27-1-2012 by WaffleBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm aware that I would probably only last a few weeks if the SHTF. Not ready--even though I know I should be.

Someone should start a thread that tells us lazy, unprepared folks what to do in the even TSHTF and you only have four cans of soup and two bananas in the house.

My husband hunts so we might be able to make it a little longer than two weeks--if we don't die of thrist first!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The calm before the storm is pretty common before the SHTF. A perfect day can also occur when it is time to die.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Isn't that why everybody is looking at ATS...looking for the Tell Tale signs, waiting for the signal, riveted to the monitor looking for a clue

come on, admit it ,,,I am

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
I think so ..... Well hope so
The problem is there is too many possible scenarios
All we can do is look for the signs and use our spidey senses
Try as best to get ourselves into a position to hear about it early

What if you really should stay at home? What if reactors are melting down, and or disease is spreading faster than a common cold.

Consider how easy it is to catch a common cold. You can wash your hands and not touch your face, and not touch any door handles or go shopping or anywhere, but its still airborn. A flu virus will live on a surface for anywhere up to 48 hours. Who knows how long it will live on dust in the air.

I am thinking you are wise not to run in a panic. Look at every zombie movie ever made, whats their biggest mistake? They get an idea, and they have to do it right away, and the person with the idea has to convince the others also to do it right away, without time to consider if it is not just best to wait it out. Or at least calculate the risks. When in doubt, do nothing. That answers OP's question right there.
When in doubt, do nothing.
If you are in immediate danger, then you need to act.
If you are not in doubt, then you should have a plan and follow through. If your plan is no longer feasible because things have changed, then you need to make a new plan. Have a contingency plan. A backup plan.
A big plan, where you take a big load of stuff, in your vehicle, and a smaller plan where you grab your bag and flee.
Depending on where you live, and what your circumstances are, if you have a bug out location picked out, then you should have a cache there buried. It doesn't even have to be big, but it will keep you focused.
All you have to do, is to get to your cache, to your safe haven. You got robbed? You still have your cache.

Since that plan has been worked out in advance, your chances of survival are better, than if you change your plans mid stream, and decide maybe you should do something else.
Thats when you run into trouble, because at that point you may not be thinking clearly, and you might be acting on emotion or who knows what but you have not considered the variables.
The man who fails to plan,
plans to fail.
Its always best not to do anything hasty. Wait it out. Watch for a while, see what happens. Unless you are in immediate danger. Paranoia will destroy ya.

There is one more thing I should say though. If you are not in doubt, and the SHTF, then, he who hesitates is lost.

edit on 28-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join