It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis attack 8-year-old girl for wearing "provocative" clothes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
8-Year-Old Called Her a ‘Whore,’ Spit on

Naama Margolese is a ponytailed, bespectacled second-grader who is afraid of walking to her religious Jewish girls school for fear of ultra-Orthodox extremists who have spat on her and called her a whore for dressing “immodestly.”

This is the problem with those who take their religion literally, which unfortunately is what youre supposed to do. This type of mentality is most common amongst Orthodox or more conservative sects of Jews, Muslims and Christians.

These types of actions lead to a much bigger issue: religious laws and customs in general.
edit on 27-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
interview with the girl

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
the mother is the only one who gets it

Hadassa Margolese, Naama’s 30-year-old Chicago-born mother, an Orthodox Jew who covers her hair and wears long sleeves and a long skirt, says, “It shouldn’t matter what I look like. Someone should be allowed to walk around in sleeveless shirts and pants and not be harassed.”

scary thought... being to only one to spiritually evolve

while the rest is stuck with medieval ideas and concepts.

religion is such a people divider

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Lame, those guys need to grow up.

Poor girl
getting a stomach ache just for walking to school due to these morons is a crummy way to start the day.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Wow that pisses me off. Even if an 8 year old was wearing a tube top and micro skirt spitting on her and harassing her is completely out of line. It's a little girl you jackasses. Are these guys just so perverted that glimpsing an eight year olds upper arm gets them hot and bothered? There are sooo many internet tough guy things I want to say right now, but will refrain.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Oh my god... Dangerous religious zealots...

Thank god America keeps countries like this from acquiring nuclear weapons...

Oh...

Wait...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Even if an 8 year old was wearing a tube top and micro skirt

aah hell nah.

i get where you're coming from and i absolutely disagree with the spitting and all.

but remember this?

The Parents Television Council has reacted with outrage over a preview of the latest episode of Toddlers and Tiaras that sees a three-year-old dressed as a prostitute.

this is just wrong

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Religious idiots and their idiotic nonsense.

I cannot wait for religion to become extinct. And it WILL happen one day. Hopefully it happens BEFORE the entire planet is wiped out by these fools who all would LOVE to see everything come to an end so that they can see their FAIRY-TALES come true...

BASTARDS!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yeah, but that's the parent that should be ridiculed not the little girl. She has no idea what's going on.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Put economic pressure on that section of town. They would respond to that. We Americans can upset the locals in most ME countries with the way we act and dress, what we read and drink. Some countries have compounds for living apart from their ME citizenry so we don't corrupt them, so to speak.

Lucky for us they are so civilized and wonderful that they can point a finger at our failings.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Pfft. These people truly are the scum of the earth. There isn't one day that goes by that I don't have some sort of interaction with them, or hear stories about others who have had to deal with these phonies. I live not far from Kiryas Joel, New York and also their summer settlements in southern Sullivan County. It is absolutely impossible to try to interact with them. My fiance and I had to pick up some supplies at the local Home Depot and what turned into what we thought was a 20 minute shopping trip turned into a 3 hour fiasco. They have no consideration for other people at all. I saw infants in the front baskets of shopping carts with absolutely no support for their heads and necks. They will literally shove you out of the way if there is something that they need and you are in their immediate vicinity. And never, EVER, drive a car near one. They should be considered armed and dangerous when they are behind the wheel.

I have had three occurrences with hasidic jews that left me scratching my head.

One was while my fiance and I were frequenting our local gentlemen's club. It was late, like 2am, and we had just sat at the bar. There is an area that they call "VIP" (you can figure out what they do in there) in the back of the establishment that people go in and dont come out for a good 5 minutes. Well when I looked into the glass behind the bar, the reflection I saw was three hasidic jews coming out of the corridor exiting the VIP area, all with huge smiles on their faces. I was astonished to say the least.

The second came a few years back when we were walking to our cars after leaving a bar. There was a group of about 5 of us, and one the the girls was catching up with us. All of a sudden we heard he screaming profanities at a passing car, not knowing what the hell was going on. The car drove by with two male hasidic's in the car. I had asked her WTF happened. She had said they had just solicited her for prostitution. Both of them offered her 50 bucks for a "service". Unfortunately they were out of sight by the time we reached the car.

And the third came when I was working with my dad doing some renovations. I was probably 17 at the time. My father received a call from a buddy of his that offered him a job re-tileing a bathroom in Kiryas Joel. My dad isn't one to turn down work so off we went. Now if you ever say Kiryas Joel you would think you had just entered a third world country. Garbage everywhere, kids playing in the street, the houses look ransacked and at the point of being condemned. We had entered the residence and were immediately struck in the face with a horrible BO. Nauseating, actually. After holding back vomit, what I saw was unbelievable. The house almost looked like one of Saddam's palaces. Gold fixtures, beautiful chandeliers, antique furniture, and heavy, and I mean HEAVY, marble countertops. Now, if you read the wiki link on Kiryas Joel you would already know that they have the highest poverty rate in the nation. How can they afford this?

My guess, and the guess of the local authorities in Monroe, NY, is that they are illegal diamond traffickers.

You all want to know how outsiders live in Israel and dealing with the ultra-orthodox jews, come visit Kiryas Joel.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is a good example of the fact that if there was only one type of person in the world, soon there would be two types and one would look for a reason to hate the other. I can't express how sad this makes me.

edit on 1/27/2012 by GeistMelange because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

People/parents have lost their minds.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
reply to post by Domo1

Even if an 8 year old was wearing a tube top and micro skirt

aah hell nah.

i get where you're coming from and i absolutely disagree with the spitting and all.

but remember this?

The Parents Television Council has reacted with outrage over a preview of the latest episode of Toddlers and Tiaras that sees a three-year-old dressed as a prostitute.

this is just wrong

Agreed!

When in rome..

No one knows what this little girl was wearing. To be honest, I would love to drop kick some parents because of what they let their kids wear here in the US, these days.

I think the problem is... No one respects cultures anymore. Those that step outside of any culture that they may have belonged to at some point or another, and this you can see around you daily, will tend to shun that very same culture and have little to no respect for the other cultures around them. Why is it ok with some but not others?

Here in the US, you will be hard pressed to get out of a hate crime if one color/race/creed fights another... Mostly one sided. That's exactly how this is. Those people have just as much right to allow or deny such things in their every day life. The audacity of people these days sickens me.

Remember... what's good for the goose...

btw, thanks for speaking up (none of this is directed at you, i'm picking up with my own views where you left off), as I seriously doubt many will. This thread has already gone one sided for the most part. What concerns me is, that most everyone seems to be on the same page that excess is totaly fine anywhere in the world... Wonder how many of those same people stand up for Iran when mentioning the US mucking around with their country...?

I agree, the lil one shouldnt be attacked - her mother is responsible for what she wears. So, whatever is done to this child... I feel, points directly to the family. We are so irresponcible today that it not only reflects on our children, but its the living mirror of our own selves...

(sigh) I thought most people here would at least look at the details before jumping on the bandwagon.. and think about the issue a bit for a change! Apply it in diffrent ways and see how it might not fit in another cituation in a diffrent culture, with diffrent people.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hazidics aren't a culture. They are bullies.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Hazidics aren't a culture. They are bullies.

More like a$$holes.
2nd.

top topics

join