It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the election is between "a douche and a turd sandwich", I will vote for Donald Duck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.southparkstudios.com...

I just think this should be said. The fact that we're all going to be voting for either Romney, Gingrich, or Obama makes my stomach churn. They shove these status quo candidates in our face who's nomination is purchased by major corporations (which in some cases the candidates own as well), they all have the same policies and then tell us we have a choice in the matter. People argue the minute differences between candidate's policies, establish some sort of preference (probably based on their witty banter and nice smile) and then go to the grave supporting them.

When the choice is between a douche and a turd sandwich, what's the point in voting? Personally, I will be voting for "Donald Duck" if Ron isn't on the ballet just so they know I think we'd do better with a fictional character as president then one of these cookie cutter politicians. What concerns me the most is that many people in this country think the people you see on TV got there by popularity or strong policies and they're valid choices for a presidency.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is why party identification and "team" mentality are so important in elections where all candidates are essentially the same.

People who identify with one party or hold an irrational hatred of one party will pick "their guy" regardless of how much of a turd or douche he may be.

It's the same nonsense that has sports fans rooting for one team over another. Or harboring a bizarre hatred for a "rival" team.

Both teams can be essentially equal. Identical stats. Equal numbers of "star" players. Have the same public personas. Yet for whatever reason millions of people will opt to arbitrarily identify with one over the other. Going out of their way to rally behind or against a thing that is for all intents and purposes no different from the other thing.

So this division perpetuates itself fed both by the fans and by the team owners and in the end the only people winning are the owners and the star players. The fans just wind up broke, stressed and carry the immeasurable cost of lost potential having invested so much time and energy into a thing that doesnt matter.

That's politics. Or is it baseball?

Well, at least the baseball players arent legislating tyranny and dictating the parameters in which I am being so generously allowed to live my one life.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sadly, Donald Duck WOULD make for a better President than Newt or Romney, so looks like Obama WILL get a second term.

Obama will get a 2nd term because people are realizing that with any of these Republicans, our country would move backwards again like usuall with them in office. Obama has it going forward right now, and folks realize this. The Republicans would have had this country in such a hole right now that it would have taken 20 terms of Democrats in office to get us back out of it.

Heck, Beavis & Butthead would be better than Newt or Romney. Beavis & Butthead would make better President and Vice President than ANY Republican that we have as of recent.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Obama has it going forward right now, and folks realize this.

wait...What????
please explain this.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hahaha Donald Duck spews alot of crap out his mouth. False promises are why he is characterized in SP like that. But out of a giant douche and a turd sandwich, a crap talkin duck trumps those. Donald Duck for prez. o wait.. I'm Canadian..why do I care? Well ill tell u I do because I'm also American..North American that is. I want North America to bounce back out of the dark bottomless debt and recession pit and be number one! But here in Saskatchewan , Canada, our economy is booming. So i'm happy where i am.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by badfish420

I understand your feelings but aren't these thoughts to share with your friends at home?
This is a reputable website and people are asked to make every thread and post count. Most of us have to cite our references and back up our claims, we have to give the title of the news source and any supporting stories they may be related. I don't understand how this constitutes "a thread."
edit on 28-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I voted for the guy that was in the military, the guy that received twice as much money as all of the other gop candidates from the troops, who i feel is honest . I watched all of the debates and NO NEWS AFTERWARDS..Im from Surfside Beach S.C. and the ones of us of us who arent red neck hicks are embarassed that Newt won here.

top topics

join