It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating your own reality: Part 2: Introduction to Practicality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Part 2: Practicality

Some of you will have read part 1: general philosophy and gained an interest in the topic. I was not even touching the tip of the iceberg in the first part nor will I be able to in this one but I shall try my best nonetheless. The subject is quite a new and exciting one for me included and I hope to learn a lot whilst writing and discussing these threads here at ATS!

Here is a quote from Part 1 if you haven't already read it.

When you are born the world is a very confusing place and your perception is similar to a camera in the sense that it has to focus onto the world around it. Perception is a major part of your own reality, we fine tune this tool as we grow up by exploring, touching, tasting, feeling, smelling and seeing things building up our own version of reality and sense of time as we get older. The way we think and process emotions is the next major step in creating our own realities. We all share the same reality and experience it conjunctively but we all have our own 'account of reality'. It is fine tuning this own sense of reality much like we did as we were growing up that empowers us in day to day life.

The problem is that as we get older it gets harder and harder to fine tune this machine. On top of that there are certain powers that do not want you to manipulate your own reality for personal gain but would rather take matters into their own hands and manipulate YOUR reality to make money. Now this is bad but it is a whole other can of worms..

The purpose of these threads is to hopefully encourage some of you folks at ATS to take matters into your own hands and tailor your own realities in a sense that will empower you and improve the quality of your life merely by the way you perceive it. You don't always have to change something in your life, buy something new, eat this or that or do whatever to achieve personal nirvana and peace of mind in your life. A lot of the time we can't fix the problems around us and this can be an enormous weight on our shoulders. We can be left feeling powerless to help not only the people around us but also ourselves. You shouldn't feel powerless, we all have an amazing amount of potential and in this series of threads I hope to help people achieve at least some of this potential.

What I have been coming to terms with over the past few years is that our consciousness and the thoughts and emotions that we spread throughout our daily lives has a LOT bigger influence on life than most people accept. When you think, feel and imagine you are not only affecting yourself but you are also affecting the people around you and the collective human consciousness as a whole. This is potentially a very powerful tool.

Whether you believe it or not, Religious Prayer is actually an incredibly real and powerful thing. Prayer can have major influence wherever targeted, even if not in the intended way. In saying this you must understand that I believe Prayer is just one example of a means of shaping reality. Believing that you can either tap into a higher power or that you have the personal ability yourself is what enables you to explore its potential.

I think that ‘this kind of stuff’ is most probably small potatoes to many shamans across the globe. They will likely have abilities that many people in western societies are not able to accept or understand because shamanism is an almost nonexistent practise in most modern western nations. It is a shame that there are not more practising shamans because there is a great potential lying dormant inside of us all.

It is important that you read the following carefully. Whatever ‘this’ is it is truly amazing. I believe (IMHO) it is an ability that can only be properly harnessed once you have achieved at the very least, the following..

- A sense of well being in your physical self achieved by maintaining your health, diet and exercise. Being and feeling healthy will aid the meditation that will be vital to exploring not only this ability but your consciousness as well.

- A sense of well being in your psyche. By this I mean that you must be happy in your own mind especially when it comes to your thoughts, feelings and emotions. You need to have a good grasp on how you think and feel but also be confident and comfortable in your own learning ability and overall mental performance.

- A sense of spiritual and energetic well being is also extremely vital and the most important factor. I am talking about your ‘Chi’ or ‘Life force’. It is the energy that runs through the chakras in your physical and spiritual being and everything else in the universe. I have come to a personal understanding that the ‘Ying & Yang’ represent Positive and Negative chi as well as karma and the general balance of everything. You must have a healthy flow of energy and a good feel for it to be able to harness the power we are discussing in these threads.

I also believe you must be quite comfortable and certain in your karmic self. You must fully take responsibility for the effects you have had, will have and are having on not only the people around you but life as a whole. This may include what you say to people and how you say it, how you think and feel about people emotionally, consciously and subconsciously, your hopes and desires, your aspirations, your dreams, your negative feelings and your positivity. It all counts and it all can have a much bigger influence than most people think. Being positive and spreading positivity is very important, especially during this period of great transitional change.

Before part 3 I urge you to go over the points I have made above and begin to explore them daily in practicality. Focus on finding methods of meditation that work and feel right for you and begin to come to terms with and promote your spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing. It is an amazingly wonderful opportunity we all have and I wish you all the best of luck!

If you are interested in part 3 then please Private message me and I will notify you when it is online. Sorry for the delay but I am leading quite a busy life at the moment and I am also finding it hard to articulate my thoughts and feelings on this matter but I am trying my hardest so I hope I haven’t failed too badly. I will write more when I feel adequately confident and literate enough to do so.

Hope you enjoyed part 2 and I wish you happiness, health and good fortune in all aspects of your life!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I agree in most to your thoughts...here are a few thoughts of my own.

1. You do not have to have "religious" prayer. You can pray or meditate without a "religious" conotation. If you mean a spiritual link..well that is the whole purpose. Religion is the vehicle we purchased to ride to our spirituality...it is not the end all.

2. Agree with your physical atunements...we must keep our temple clean. Our temple IS the real vehicle.

3. It is not so easy just to say these things to people. they must come to know it by striking a cord.

Maybe you have struck a cord. I find deeper philosophies and meanings not in direct knowledge, but indirect..like stories and poetry.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So, in a nutshell, be healthy and happy.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
great thread s+f we need more like this here perhaps you can finish this essay all arts now that you have settled in to your new dwelling
again thank you

top topics

join