It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-4 years later, after being strongly anti-Obama....I will be voting for him for a second term.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

What's wrong with illustrations? And humans make mistakes. But yeah.. If you can't tackle the argument, attack everything around it to ridicule it, right?

Lack of an alternative does not make the current situation right. Just because no knows an alternative to world hunger than just eliminating the poor doesn't mean eliminating the poor is right. You need to let go of your current state of mind before you can consider alternatives anyway.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I am digging Obama too... There was a while when I became very disillusioned with him,
but I realize that I was listening to the conservative rhetoric too much. So my relationship
with Obama is not an easy one that is just granted, the guy is not a magician or a dictator
despite the popular rhetoric, he is a guy who seems very committed to his job.

Another thing that really won me over is Obama's financials...

Does anyone here realize that Obama has put the majority of his own private assets in
T-Bills and other bonds linked directly to the success of the American economy?

That is some real deal stuff for me, that is his money and he is placing it on Americas
success in a very real way. So for all that we hear about Obama wanting to destroy America,
his actions are to put the majority of his money in a position that hinges on his personal
success as president. That's awesome IMO

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Here's a way of looking at it, at least if you're a parent: Who would you send your kids to for a two-week holiday? I have no doubt that I would send them to Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think everyone should always vote their conscience, whether people agree with it or not, and even if that means simply not voting at all. Regardless of the candidate, regardless of whether you vote at all, what I feel is important is that people are trying to be aware, observant, and responsive to their conscience.

Personally, yet again, I'm not voting at all. Supporters of all parties give me a hard time for that, but I don't care. Like I said, I have to vote my conscience. And there's no way I, personally, can support any of these candidates. That isn't apathy. To quote Richard Linklater (famously quoted in an REM song,) "Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy."

But I will always respect everyone's political choices, because we're all different and the best any of us can do is try to live with ourselves and our decisions.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer
Here's a way of looking at it, at least if you're a parent: Who would you send your kids to for a two-week holiday? I have no doubt that I would send them to Ron Paul.

That's creepy...

I know I would send them to see her on Halloween

LEATHER

edit on 28-1-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Ok. When was the last time that something got better because of voting?

Not having McCain as president...

For that matter, Obama > Bush.

So ultimately your argument is based on fear of being alone?

Yes.

I'm not too young to know how politics work. I know enough about politics to know it's all bull, and don't shy away from that fact. I'm not in America, but, I bet I know more about the American voting system than the average joe. I'm definitely not too old because I'm in my 20s.

I don't think it's bull. We got a good number of non-conventional politicians into office during the 2010 political revolt, and the 2012 internet revolt certainly made a few men fear for their jobs.

Really? When was the last time we did an experiment where no one voted?

You cannot make 100% of the population do what you want.

I am not wasting 28 minutes of my life on something which has already been establish that you are not correct.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I am not wasting 28 minutes of my life on something which has already been establish that you are not correct.
Then I'm not wasting my time to explain something to someone who has already decided that I'm wrong without properly looking at the arguments and is begging the question. I'll just refer you to my sig, and this will be my last reply to you. I will still ask questions if the opportunities arise.

But.. How do you know Obama was better than McCain? McCain was never in power so you have no reference.
Edit: And on what grounds do you say that Obama is better than Bush?
edit on 28-1-2012 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
He is completely in bed with his banking masters from Goldman Sachs, wake up. He cares no more about you than Newt/Mitt. He is a 100% bought and paid for president as they all are. There is no choice, only the illusion of choice, there is no lesser evil or any of that nonsense, they all play for the same team and you're not apart of it.
edit on 28-1-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

So then, if it doesn't matter at all, I'll just vote for him because he's not an idiot or a psychopath, like Mitt and Newt respectively. Also, his winning freaks out the fundies and the crackers, and makes people like you froth with fear and loathing. That's plenty enough reason for me to vote for him. If I get a cookie tossed my way as a result of his being re-elected, the that'll be okay too. I don't expect anything from anyone, but I'll be goddamned if I'll vote for a babbling fool like Romney or a megalomaniacal bag of gas like Gingrich. You go ahead and do what you like, but don't try and convince me to allow either of those freaks to drive this bus. No way.
edit on 1/28/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

Who suggested having those two drive the bus? They are cut from the same cloth. Eventually the people will wake up, yourself included. Those three aren't your only choices. Think for yourself for once, they've got you by the balls and you're believing everything they say. Your got, hook, line and sinker.

I'm not fear mongering, it's a fact that these guys are all establishment candidates that are in bed with the banking cartel that has the power. We can take it back, but you gotta wake up first. It's obvious you're still asleep, when you vote Obama and nothing changes, good for you, when the others vote Newt/Mitt and nothing changes good for them. Sooner or later the act will be up and everyone will be awaken, it might not be until you've lost everything you've ever worked for, but it will happen eventually. Hopefully I'll be around to see it.

You can not reign in big banks while you take their money. It's a joke, it's amazing that these fools get a single vote, considering the electorate I guess it's not that amazing.
edit on 28-1-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You just know they're going to lock this thread if it turns into another polarized politics circus.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by CaptChaos
It is horrifying to see how retarded the general public is, and how they are falling for this Punch and Judy show.

Isn't it strange that the GOP cannot field any candidate that is even remotely qualified? Just a gang of incompetent crooks. Therefore, the entire herd of idiots will "vote" for the existing robot, because that is what TPTB want you to do.

And why are there so many people saying, "Ron Paul is the best candidate, but HE CAN'T WIN so I will vote for the Obamination." If all those people would actually VOTE for him he could win. But the TV tells you not to "waste your vote" on him. Because, even if he wins the election for real, Obama will still be proclaimed the "winner" no matter what. And then the fraud would become too evident. But Ron Paul is simply controlled opposition, to make those that are somewhat aware of the swindle think that they actually have some say in the matter.

No one can defeat King Obama. Resistance is futile. You will be Obamanated. Might as well vote for him anyway, the selection has already been made. That way you morons will think your vote means something.

Good post. I agree. TPTB have already decided to keep Obama in for their own purposes. I don't trust Ron Paul at all. It just amazes me that there are so many Obama & Ron Paul supporters on ATS.

It's true the Ron Paul supporters are delusional, but I can respect their reaching for real change. But the Obama supporters....

Ron Paul or his supporters are not one bit delusional. The nut jobs are the ones voting for someone else. He has a record of siding with the people for 30 years. The others have records that are despicable, but they spout some fancy rhetoric that many seem to enjoy, it's too bad their rhetoric never matches their governing.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by piett
When will people finaly understand that to vote for the "lesser evil" is just plain stupid !!

You should vote for the one you want to represent you. If you dislike the candidates of both side (which should be normal, considering this 2 party paradgigm) than voe for a third party ! Or make a write-in and vote for yourself..

But voting Obama just because the GOP candidates are lame in you view is not intelligent and makes no sense. Obama will be re-elected and the majority of the people will not support him (despite havng voted for him in your case).

Unless you vote for a third party you sgould not complain about either of two big parties..

You worked the 2000 Bush campaign, didn't you? All the Nader promoters in that election put Bush in the WH, and some of them never learned their lesson. Too bad, because so far we've lost at least 10 trillion dollars over that idiotic 3rd party strategy, and where is Nader? Nowhere, that's where. And he never even stayed in the effort to preserve any form of Progressive movement in this country. He just walked off like the pussy that he is and always has been.

3rd party protest votes are like breaking up with a girlfriend before she gets fed up enough with you to break up with you. It's childish and pathetic, and nothing ever comes of it. No grown-ups ever waste their vote like that. Only college freshmen and other rookies at life.

Do what you want, but don't think you're doing anything to improve anything for the rest of us by trying to convince people to walk off on their one tiny part in helping our recovery come about. It's voter suppression, and nothing more, and this society needs as many voting this time around as possible and legal.

Wow, you've been had. I can't believe this #, hahaha.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Here's just a list of Obama's actions off the top of my head.

1) First in office, lied about Russia attacking Georgia and supported puppet and mad man Saakashvili.

2) Lied about toxicity and scope of BP spill. Said food was 'safe to eat' with multiple local reports and evidence of food and ecosystem toxicity.

3) Ramped up troops overseas surpassing Bush's number.

4) BAILED OUT Wall Street. Conflict of interest in appointment of advisers from same entities bailed out.

5) Attacked Libya on with Nato, lied about boots on the ground, and who's Defense Secretary (clinton) laughed at the killing.

6) Claimed to find and kill "Osama Bin Laden" , yet dumped his body in the ocean with no evidence and with the full capability to have captured "him" alive.

7) Said nothing Operation Cast Lead. Supported the massacre of civilians.

8) Said nothing and offered no condolences to survivors of the Mavi Marmara attack where innocent people were murdered and one 19 year old to be assassinated.

9) Says nothing about Operation "Gun Runner" or Fast and Furious. Has numerous key figures involved in the knowledge of a gun running scam through Arizona.

10) Is surrounded and funded by Banker Elites from Goldman Sachs to Lehman Brothers and beyond.

11) Tells administration to fudge unemployment data and hypes stock market data to mean we have a 'healthy' economy.

12) Signed the NDAA, (reluctantly)...... of course. (wink wink)

13) Released a PDF document on the White House site claimed to be his Birth Certificate, which by many credible PDF-Adobe expert accounts is a blatant sloppy forgery.

14) Lies and goads IRAN into a corner with no evidence of Nuclear tech being developed for bombs, while they are a member of the Non Proliferation Treaty, and has attacked nobody in the last 30 years.

15) Shows aggression toward IRAN by threatening sanctions and blockades which are acts of war.

16) Supports Israel which HAS NUCLEAR weapons, threatens and attacks it's neighbors to collectively punish weaker nations' population, while using banned methods of weaponry, and kidnaps elected leaders...and hiding them in undisclosed locations, and is NOT a member of the Non Proliferation Treaty.

This is what you support when you vote for Obama. I could list probably 20 more if I did some backtracking online.

Keep that in mind when step in that voting booth.

edit on 28-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Obama ended bloody wars and shifted to empowering people to manage their own nations.

How do I know McCain would have been a worse president?

Two words.

Sarah Palin.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by vasaga

Obama ended bloody wars and shifted to empowering people to manage their own nations.
What is your reaction to each of the following:

On July 7, 2011, U.S. troop deaths from the war in Afghanistan since President Obama took office reached 1,000. That means that nearly two-thirds of the U.S. fatalities in the war in Afghanistan have occurred during the Obama administration, which has managed the war for a mere quarter of its duration.

Source

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

and exactly how are these nations doing? about as worse as it was when we went, or worse....

Obama is just a softer, more intelligent version of Bush

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

HA! This graph willingly takes out Bush's first two years, and Obama's third and forth year.

You cannot compare unless you get ALL the data. You know, when Obama's policies first started going into effect, and when Bush's first two years of economic inheritance had him down too?

pff. Don't try to trick someone with statistics. It only works on people without keen eyes.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Iraq is much stronger, better, and free.

Afghanistan has women going to school.

Egypt, Libya, and the rest are too soon to see.

You cannot judge something the second it happens when it comes to policies and national changes America was "Teh suck" for much of her first few years as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

reply to post by vasaga

HA! This graph willingly takes out Bush's first two years, and Obama's third and forth year.

You cannot compare unless you get ALL the data. You know, when Obama's policies first started going into effect, and when Bush's first two years of economic inheritance had him down too?

pff. Don't try to trick someone with statistics. It only works on people without keen eyes.

Ok. Show me the correct data then? Until you can, this stands as Bush being better than Obama, whether you like it or not.
Edit:
Here's another one, even shows graphs per year.. Good luck dismissing this one.

I think we have established who has sense here and who is deluding himself.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovesecret
anyone who votes for obama should be charged with treason bottom line no second line needed

but to be like all the other ats posters...2nd line!

Anyone whom says its treasonous to vote for whomever you want to, should be convicted of treason.

...I make my own rules...
edit on 28-1-2012 by SaturnFX because: derp

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Times change...opinions change.

First: Quite frankly, all the Republican candidates are complete disasters...yes, i know many here are Ron Paul supporters, but it is simply not possible for Ron Paul to win the nomination....and should he have become a threat...you'd see what happened to Gingrich happen to him. The establishment will get what it wants...that's how it is for the GOP.
edit on 27-1-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

No faith brother.

You really need to reevaluate what is going on around you. This time your countrymen are waking up. Each day is more of a blessing than the next for the truth movement. Dr Paul is packing out even the overflow rooms at his gatherings wile the rest are canceling many because of no shows or non participation.

If you are truly awake, you know that he MSM has NO power over us anymore.

Gods speed Ron Paul in 2012!

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join