It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-4 years later, after being strongly anti-Obama....I will be voting for him for a second term.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I've read a lot of dumb sh*t the last 3 or 4 weeks, but this has got to be top tier.

Really, hats off to you.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Same story here. Probability is I will vote for Obama. He's been a swell dude all and all, and I really couldn't care about anyone else.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spire

No it's not like that, I believe.

It's a choice between corporate empire, and corporate feudalism. I'll take the later.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

That sounds crazy - Like saying I choose to be beaten with an iron bar rather than a baseball bat

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012

Originally posted by vasaga
Just to add to this.. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

Like Ron Paul's repeated failed attempts to run for president? Insanity!
That's a misrepresentation of the point. Trying to get the same result does not mean you're doing the same thing. To give an extreme example, if you're trying to kill someone with a knife, and you yourself get stabbed instead, but end up surviving it, it is insanity to go and try to kill the same person with the same knife with the exact same approach. Killing the person by burning down his house would not be insanity. By your argument, the person is insane because he's still trying to kill the same person, but that completely misses the mark.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

That's exactly what it is.

If you can only choose to be beaten by either iron or wood, its best to choose wood, as iron may kill you.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

How about not choosing to be beat at all? Yes, that is also an option in the voting system. Don't vote.
edit on 28-1-2012 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

That's exactly what it is.

If you can only choose to be beaten by either iron or wood, its best to choose wood, as iron may kill you.

Carefull what you wish for - Anyways I heard you don't really get a choice in reality as it is private interests that choose the President they want and by or by crook they get what they want

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
When will people finaly understand that to vote for the "lesser evil" is just plain stupid !!

You should vote for the one you want to represent you. If you dislike the candidates of both side (which should be normal, considering this 2 party paradgigm) than voe for a third party ! Or make a write-in and vote for yourself..

But voting Obama just because the GOP candidates are lame in you view is not intelligent and makes no sense. Obama will be re-elected and the majority of the people will not support him (despite havng voted for him in your case).

Unless you vote for a third party you sgould not complain about either of two big parties..

American politics and coruption will ONLY decrease once you've split the domination of both parties by voting massively for a third party. Imagine 30% of voters voting third party ?!

There would be no other choice than to have a public debate about reforming the whole and/or seeing a new party rise.

personal note : 3 parties are a joke too... There should be at least 5 or 6 major or medium political parties to allow a true democratic process and the best representation of the interest of the people.
Until then there is NOTHING democratic in your elections. It's a grotesque JOKE.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I agree with you that what the establishmment is giving in the way of Republican presidential candidates are for the most part a disaster. I don't know if we can fix the problems with the economy or not since we've leashed ourselves to Europe and their financial district. I don't know who I'll vote for if I'll vote unless I decide to write in for Ron Paul which I may do so his policies are what I agree with most. So, we'll see what happens when it happens.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
anyone who votes for obama should be charged with treason bottom line no second line needed

but to be like all the other ats posters...2nd line!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovesecret
anyone who votes for obama should be charged with treason bottom line no second line needed

Obama should be charged for treason by passing congress and destroying the constitution
He is a dangerous psycopath as are his masters
edit on 28-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Obama should be charged for treason by passing congress and destroying the constitution He is a dangerous psycopath as are his masters

Thank God Congress respects the Constitution

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by NorEaster

Bottom line - an organized party that can stand there and tell me that if I fall down, there should not be anyone to help me back up on my feet again is not a party that I would ever support

Would you support an organized party that tells corporations they have to stand on their own two feet without taxpayer help? That would be farms too don't forget, because we have been doing farm subsidies for a very long time.

Yes. That said, I know that neither party has the sack to make corporations or big-ag farms succeed or fail on their own merits and good decisions. It's pathetic that a person has to choose between the two evils and vote against one instead of voting for the other, but until we get business the hell out of running our society, we'll always be holding our noses to vote.

I've watched the crap that Obama has been wading through since inauguration day 2009 (hell, he was already being blamed for exacerbating Bush's financial debacle in December 2008 - before he was even sworn in as president) and frankly, if it was me, I'd have already taken out the nuke football and eliminated this whole place in an effort to save the rest of humankind from what flows out from here on a daily basis. The media just lies like a playground full of 7 yr old bullies - stupid, obvious lies meant to tear down whatever might succeed in any manner - and the average voter careens from one extreme to the other, with no intellectual or moral center whatsoever. There's literally no good reason to think that anyone could ever drag us back from the brink of collapse. As they say - "There's no saving you if your killer lives inside your skin."

But Obama is a punching bag and a bullseye target for the people that I really loathe. The people that I know hate me and my kind want him gone from office. That's enough for me, and I know it's true since those bastards wouldn't be having their US Chamber of Commerce already running attack ads against him if he was one of their own. In my mind, the corporates need to be restricted to only running their boardrooms again, and barred from running our government. They won't go without a fight, and if they're focusing their marketing money on unseating Obama, then I can tell that they know that he's on my side in this war.

And that's all I need to know. The rest is just meaningless distraction. When what you need is oxygen, the smell of the air that contains that oxygen isn't important.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
As the bumpersticker says:
I'd rather see Obama break his promises than see the Republicans keep theirs.

That says it all for me. The Republicans are at their worst when they KEEP their campaign promises. Obama at least says nice things and sneaks out and signs the NDAA and the like when we aren't looking. He negotiates with Republicans even when they NEVER support anything he does, by giving them MORE than they asked for.

It seems like the Dems and Repugs are pretending to be in a fight and are playing "good cop / bad cop" with the Citizens of this country. I might vote for the guy pretending to be the Good Cop, because sometimes they are forced to back up their lies. You NEVER want to force the bad cop to be honest -- because his promises are never a bonus for you.

The whole situation really sucks, and I'm sick of the PRETEND Democracy we live in.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Your going to vote for Obama eh?

Did you know Obama has already signed ACTA?

The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) is a proposed plurilateral agreement for the purpose of establishing international standards on intellectual property rights enforcement.[1] It would establish an international legal framework for countries to join voluntarily,[2] and would create a governing body outside international institutions such as the World Trade Organization (WTO), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) or the United Nations.[1][3]

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovesecret

wow

26 whole posts, eh? So, what was your board name before you got banned the last time here?

Voting is a Constitutional Right. Maybe you're not from this country, and that whole thing about "rights" is foreign to you? Obama was completely vetted by the best political hit squad to exist in modern times - the Clinton Machine. They went for everything to disqualify him and came up with nothing to show for it. Good luck with managing your hatred over the next 4 years. If Obama's first term is already making you nutty, you're going to come apart completely over his second term.

You should check out the Metaphysics/Philosophy forum. There's good stuff there to help you escape reality now and then.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Not voting is like letting 3 of your friends get beaten with iron, whereas voting is like all of you being beaten with wood.

Either take the beating together and live, or apart and be alone, your friends dead.

False. It is the laziness of the population that allows such special interests to take forefront in affairs.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buttercup2

I will never understand how anyone can vote for men and women who lie.

You must have never voted for everyone...because everyone has stated something that didn't come true...whether it was unintentional or not.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fockewulf190
... My 2 shekel opinion is that an Obama win guarentees the US dollar will no longer be the world's reserve currency....

But that's exactly what Soros wants. Back in February 2008, before Obama was nominated, George Soros was urging the members of the Davos Economic Forum to DROP the US Dollar as reserve currency. He was voted down. Of course, the value of the USD would have plummeted like a lead brick if they had supported Soros' suggestion. Think of $!2 a gallon gas.

Nevermind that Soros made his billions thru currency speculation -- that he has nearly devastated entire national economies to make his personal fortune.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join