Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

3-4 years later, after being strongly anti-Obama....I will be voting for him for a second term.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
So now WE ARE STILL HERE is the best we can do? That is a far cry from CHANGE and REFORM. Quite sad.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Originally posted by korathin
People like you give good credence to the line of thinking that the right to vote shouldn't be universal.

Ah! A member of the Freedom crowd, I assume?

Yes, let's only let people who agree with you vote. Those people who disagree with you... They're just stupid and don't really deserve to have a voice, right?

This attitude is one of the things wrong with this country.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The Bush years were dark times, there are also serious issues going on with Fox News fascists. Most Republicans are absolutely looney tunes: going off on racist rants, threatening people with violence, and being extremely vulgar and disrespectful to anyone who doesn't share their views. Social Conservatism is dead.

I would not be able to vote for ANY OF THEM outside of Ron Paul in good conscience, I hate them. Horrible people are horrible.
edit on 28-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Obama had and still has an INCREDIBLE difficult job fixing and changing things which the US never attempted to fix before - and people obviously expect miracles with something which cannot be achieved in simply a few years.

In my opinion, Obama did a good job at least ADDRESSING the key problems America has today, which are mostly related to social issues etc. where the MAIN problem really is. (In other words: Finding the weaknesses of the "classic" capitalist system and see where and how it can be improved...taking some EU countries as examples where such social matters are handled better than in the US..keywords healthcare, unemployment, income gap etc..)

You cannot expect voting someone in office and 4 years later all those problems are solved..this is utterly ridiculous!

Furthermore...seeing some of the candidate creeps right now..much luck!

It is my personal opinion that ignoring all those social problems, plus FURTHER and more military engagement and whatnot those creeps are planning would be the end of America...it would be the nail in the coffin instead of fixing what is broken...and read my lips, get some of those rep creeps in office next time and it will be the end of the US and it wouldn't even need another, big war for this.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Those of us who were actually listening to Obama during his first campaign heard him say that the recovery was going to be a long and slow process. And he was right. He knew it would take a long time to recover from the Bush years.

I was practical in my support of Obama, KNOWING that he's a politician and was campaigning for president. I didn't expect an about face. It would be naive to do so.

But I do look forward to his next term. I think he will work to pass some progressive legislation that we need.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If Ron Paul fails, Obama would indeed be the best (or the least bad) choice.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Wow, I don't even have the energy to start my rant and rave about Obama. There are just so many things, I wouldn't even know where to begin! I am just so stunned that there are still people out there following the pide-piper. However, I won't argue... if people want to vote for Obama, go right ahead. If Obama wins again, I might just marry me a Canadian and get the hell out of here!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Now I will give you the fact that the Republican Party has nothing to offer, but seriously Obama. I think it is time for Americans to give up on the two party system, you are being conned.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I am with you; but for a different reason. I have never voted Democrat in my life. But the last three presidents have all been the same...there is no choice anymore. I am tired of voting for the lesser of evils.

If Ron Paul is not on the Republican ticket (our best hope), I will vote for Obama because there is no better way to get the great train wreck called America over with and done.

RAMMING SPEED, SULU! ALL AHEAD FULL!

After that wreck is accomplished, It will be time to pick up the pieces and correct our Constitution to prevent this crap from happening again.
edit on 28-1-2012 by NEMOats because: Needed to state the obvious so someone would not get confused

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If Nader runs I'll vote for him. There is no true left in this country. People who proclaim Obama is a leftist have no understanding of politics. That is all.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I agree that it doesn't make a lot of difference who's in office, certain things will happen regardless. I wanted to say that my experience is the opposite of the OP. I pushed for Obama and still think he was handed a plate of crap, but after the state of union address... He needs to go. It felt like watching a saturday night live skit poking fun at campaign promises. (where was the baby kissing?) His almost joyful announcement of undying support for the israeli insanity was the kicker. Republicans act like a bunch of preschoolers fighting over toys, but I say let them ride this collapse they created for four more years and maybe, just maybe people will wake the f#$* up and help each other climb out of this hole.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I think Obama is the worst president our nation has ever had and a second Obama term would possibly lead the end of America as we knew it. For this reason, I will support Obama if the Republican nominee is anyone other than Ron Paul. Let me explain:

I think America is almost to the point of no return. And, in my estimation, there are only two ways to reverse course back to the constitution:

1) elect a constitutionalist into office.
2) revolution.

Number one will not be an option with some establishment neo-con on the ticket, so number two would be our only hope. If revolution is the only way, I will support the man MOST likely to destroy America, enrage the citizenry, and spark the necessary action. Although a Newt or Mitt would also complete the demise of America, I think Obama would do it slightly more quickly and dramatically. So...lets get it on...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The Republicans keep saying Obama is bad for business. That's not true. The stock market has come up 50% since Obama took office. If he's so bad for business, why are all the big corporations sitting on so much cash? I supported Newt until a few days ago. I supported Obama during 2008 and it looks like I'll support him again. Besides it's kinda nice to get an e-mail from the President every once in awhile, even if it's automated appeal for money.
maximillio.newsvine.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiloNickels
I think Obama is the worst president our nation has ever had and a second Obama term would possibly lead the end of America as we knew it.

Why? I really want to know why you think this.

I hear people making claims like this - - but do they really know why they hate Obama.

Maybe you can make a thread and tell me what is wrong for Obama.

----------------------------------------------------------

Good for you David. I try never to get caught up in media hype. I was never into the Change propaganda frenzy.

I do remember Obama indicating he was methodical. That he wouldn't be making decisions by "gut feelings". That he would study each issue one at a time and act on the informed information. That works for me.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

BUT, what if the GOP did get smart? What if they actually nominated Paul, and put him with a great running mate like Christie? And named a great cabinet with Kucinich, and Huntsman, and maybe Powell?

Is it possible, that the GOP could win your vote back if they actually did what the people are wishing they would do?

No. They've lied way too many times over the past 10 years or so for me to ever even consider what they have to say about anything anymore. Anyone can promise anything.

I watched Obama try to get a center-right DNC controlled Congress to do anything that the DNC has presented as its own party platform, and it was infuriating. The POTUS has no real power over the Senate and isn't even noticed by members of the House, and the majority of Obama's 1st term effort was legislative - which means that he never really had the legal power to force any of his policies through on his own. His own party "yesed" him to death over anything that didn't involve giving money to banks, and let all the stuff he wanted to change either die on the vine or they mangled it in subcommittees until it was just another handout to the corporates who control both houses of Congress. Anyone who flatly states that Obama never delivered on his campaign promises so he's a liar are (chose one) politically motivated to make that claim, or are too ignorant of how stuff gets done to understand that the whole depraved spectacle was on display for all to see throughout 2009 and 2010, and that he got done what he could get done, and with no help from the Senate at all.

The GOP wants to strip out all the changes that over 70% of the American public have indicated that they approve of and want to see implemented. They oppose anything that reins in the corruptive power that corporations have in our own ability to make and save any money whatsoever - at the governmental and personal levels. They aren't even smart enough to lie about it anymore, and it's stunning to see that anyone (other than rich, connected white guys) believes that they have anything in common with what that party has so vehemently embraced over the last decade or so.

We're just starting to see a very weak recovery begin to get its land legs together, and it's become overwhelmingly obvious that we have serious problems with the state of disrepair of our entire infrastructure (roads, bridges, rail, power grid), and Obama has been very clear with his efforts to get the GOP-led House to snatch a real win for itself by directing a sizable amount of money (paid for by simply letting the temporary Bush Tax Cuts expire, and allocating that money to that project) toward that effort and the hundreds of thousands of private sector jobs (construction, materials manufacturing, small-business support, increased spending on local businesses and their products by newly hired workers in literally every community) that would result, but that GOP-led House has refused to even consider such a measure - claiming that it's just another "failed stimulus" attempt. What's become very clear is that the issue is the expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts, and the desire for these idiots to protect those trillions of dollars for those who've gotten that enormous break over the last ten years, and to make that money permanently unavailable for us to direct toward making our own national infrastructure functional again, and get our economy back up off the canvas again.

The GOP could offer us Jesus at the top of the ticket, Moses as his running mate, and the 12 Apostles as his cabinet, but we already know that it doesn't matter what they promise. Each GOP politician, leader, candidate, pundit, analyst, think-tanker, operative, apologist, supporter, Internet spammer, and funder has put too much effort into taking things away from the rest of us for me to ever believe anything other than what they've proven to be the single focus of the party itself - the scuttling of the American Treasury and the progressive devolution of the American society as a cohesive entity in support of the continuously discredited notion of rugged individualism.

The GOP believes in individual success as being the natural being state of the human being, but history and even the front pages of newspaper and news websites teach us that individual success - hell, individual human survival for that matter - is unstable and unsustainable. Only a cohesive society has any chance of lasting success or survival. And for 99% of us, this is the only strategy that can ever work to prevent our own ultimate failure and the suffering of our own families.

Yes, it's a difference in ideology, but the net results of that difference is very real and very measurable. A banana republic features individual success versus community success. The only large state examples of this have already passed into history. It simply doesn't work.

No, I'd never vote GOP.
edit on 1/28/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Not that it matters where this is discussed but I made a thread about this a couple days ago: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I absolutely agree, I will also be voting for him, anyone want to debate with me visit my page.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Some of your reasons are biased.

The only reason i saw that was not was we are still here.

Ofcourse we are, and your going to vote for the dumbest president in history just because of the reason, we are still here????????

Did he bring troops home? did he?
he sent a ton more to australia and other places to monitor the middle east and china

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

where are you getting your information? your basing your opinion off days after he took office? you are the kind of people that help destroy america

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not racist ..

You must not vote for him in 2012 to prove you're not a moron.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You're in total denial dude. Not only is he a blatant banker puppet, but he is without a doubt the biggest banker puppet president in American history. Forget his massive amount of donations from every corrupt Wall Street financial institution you can name, his Administration is a Wall Street Administration.

ELEVEN GOLDMAN SACHS EMPLOYEES ARE ON HIS ADMINISTRATION

What the hell do you think their agenda is?

Look at the things he's supported too, forget about him being the most obvious banker puppet to take the oath of office. He renewed the Patriot Act, which as you know is a gross violation of the 4th Amendment. He supports the TSA which grabs your wifes breasts or radiates her, strip searches grandma in the back room, touches 5 year olds kids genitals, you name it.

He signed the NDAA into law, which is the most dangerous, tyrannical piece of legislation to ever even be considered. This puts us on par with Stalinist Russia or Maoist China or some other oppressive regime. Is that an exaggeration, a poor analogy? Hell no! The military can secretly arrest any American citizen who the government says is bad, and throw them in a prison and torture them forever without even giving them a trial or so much as charging them with anything.

Forget that he was the one that demanded the indefinite detention provisions, he has a signing statement that says he won't use it against Americans! Oh goodie! But that bill still passed! Even if that pathological liar sticks to his word, what about the next Administration? What about the one after that? Or the one after that? Will they all share the same sentiments towards it?

People can just start disappearing under that. "Where's Timmy?", "Where's Danny?", "I don't know, they just vanished off the face of the earth"

Is that the kind of country you want to live in? You'd better change that American flag avatar to a flag with a weak, pathetic slave bowing down to a fat cat banking cartel that's putting a glove on their hand ready to sexually violate them in order to protect them from Al Qaeda.
edit on 28-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join