It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M31, Orion Nebula, Jupiter and Moon 2012-01-27

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
M31 Orion Nebula Jupiter and Moon 2012-01-27. Equipment Celestron Nexstar 11" 42mm 2" Eyepiece 2x Barlow and Sony WX-10.

Sit back and Enjoy

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
nice, i use my nephew's Orion all the time with the 10mm and 2x Barlow , Seeing Jupiter and it's moons is pretty fascinating, having trouble finding anything better to look at up there though

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Great stuff OP. I used to go sky watching on occasion with my astronomy class in high school. The first time I saw the rings of Saturn through a telescope something in my little adolescent brain clicked. Amazing stuff the cosmos and even more amazing the effect they can have when seeing them through your own eyes. Thanks for the vid, looks like loads of fun!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Neat video you put together there! I have a quick question that I probably already know the answer to, but is that shimmering in the close up moon videos caused by atmospheric effects? Or possibly is due to tiny vibrations magnified by the telescope and CCD artifacts associated with those vibrations? Im guessing atmospheric effects.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thank you all

@ZeroUnlmtd
Do you have a laptop to use outside? try to use stellarium great program and for free, for ipod/phone or ipad starwalk

@clowdstalker
It is lovely to see planets moon etc.. i did start with a ETX-70 70mm telescope and on a day we went to a starparty and there was a big 11" telescope, and when i watched through that eyepiece i thought
i want that too.. after years i am also a lucky owner of a 11" telescope

@IntegratedInstigator
Thanks!!
you are right its the atmosphere that make that vibrations

top topics

join