It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ron Paul Says Welfare Helps the Wealthy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I stand behind the good doctor's sentiments on this 100%. He has been warning us about this for years and nobody has listened.

"...there's a big difference between those who earn money and those who rip us off through the government and the monetary system!"

Here's a good summary of his take...

During CNN’s Republican debate in Florida on Thursday, Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul said he wants to abolish all income taxes and stop the transfer of wealth from the middle-class to the rich (video below).

Rep. Paul said: "My goal is to get rid of the 16th Amendment and the only way you can do that is not run a welfare system and a warfare system. I do want to address the subject about taxing the rich. That is not a solution."

"But I understand and really empathize with the people who talk about the 99 and the 1 because there is a characteristic about what happens when you destroy a currency. There is a transfer of wealth from the middle class to the wealthy, and this has been going on for 40 years.”

Article Source

edit on 1/27/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
He does have a point in a weird way. It does keep people just enough above the subsistence line that they don't start demanding better wages, better treatment, and better policies.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I've been saying something very similar for years!

It's better to have people on welfare than in the streets because at least they keep the system going.
I'm sorry if what I say isn't linked to the video, I will watch it later.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I missed the Florida Debate but when watching this vid, I can't understand how people can't want to learn more about this man. Everything he says makes sense. When watching the vid, I noticed Mitt and Santorum were actually learning while they will listening, Newt was playing pocket pool I think.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by freakjive

I missed the Florida Debate but when watching this vid, I can't understand how people can't want to learn more about this man.

For you and anyone else who missed the FL debate and is interested in what RP had to say...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wow, I liked that debate less government and let the people decide how they want run things.....they way it should have been all along. I need to see what each of them say about SS as the government should have never been allowed to dip into it in the first place.

Did anyone else notice Newt backing up Dr Paul?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't agree with Ron Paul's ideas about limiting government involvement in spaceflight. The very survival of humanity will rely on our ability to reach other inhabitable planets. It may not be necessary for millions of years but why wait? It is certainly not a reason to NOT vote for him, I will still vote for him. If we spent HALF the money we spend on war mongering we would already have a colony on Mars by now.

top topics

join