It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim couple 'murdered their three daughters in honour killings' - because they wanted to cut off

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Another take with good info, thank you.

I have to take what I read in the Quran as the meaning of Islam, the fact there are so many different takes by so many different people and tribes is way to hard to understand, and the Quran allows deseption to further the cause and agendas of Islam.

My take on Muslims is that there are the ratical Muslims and the ones that will become ratical as Islam spreads its agenda over the world.That may seem basic to someone more educated in the ways of Islam but sometimes you just have to reduce it to the lowest common denominator so that while you are trying to understand it you don't become a statistic.Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Can you explain your concept of engagement, does not sound like the custom I am familiar with in the US?

It is the same as US, with one difference, no sex before marriage. I said it in last post, we engage and interact to know each other, that's what engagement means.

This must be where the cultural difference is.

In the US a guy takes his time to get to know the girl BEFORE he puts an engagement ring on her finger.
The girl also gets to know the guy BEFORE she decides to accept the engagement ring.

If he presents the ring, and she accepts it, then they are engaged.

My wife is a wonderful woman, but I sure as #$%& would NOT have dropped $2,000 on a ring for here before I even knew her.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm in Ontario and have been following this case in the paper. There was a quote from wife #2 about 2 weeks ago that said the daughter's conduct wasn't in line with Afghan society. Guess what peach? YOU'RE IN CANADA.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

Since all you are doing is looking for an argument, here is your thread.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do I think this is right, NO. but your anger will be on topic on that thread, it is not on topic here.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have read a few pages in and have seen a few people saying we need to stop demonizing the grieving family...the RCMP wiretapped their phone and the father was heard saying some really nasty things:

In secret wiretaps recorded in the days after the deaths, Mohammad Shafia can be heard saying, “God curse their generation, they were filthy and rotten children,” and “To hell with them and their boyfriends, may the devil [snip] on their grave.” Further wiretaps reveal Shafia saying, “Even if they hoist me up onto the gallows, nothing is more dear to me than my honour.”

www.cbc.ca...

These are not the actions of a grieving father.

Anyone who has been following the trial can obviously see the guilt emitting from these despicable people. Their story is full of lies and has changed numerous times. I live in the city this happened in and am unable to escape the media attention this case has received. It's been a hot topic ever since the bodies were found. I was at work that day and remember it like it was yesterday.

I hope justice is served.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I hope justice is served.

The men are going away for a long time. Wife #2 though could get off or at least have a seriously reduced sentence if she has a good lawyer. A claim could be made that she was afraid for her own life.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
First of all, this is NOT ISLAM. In Islam no right is given to kill anyone except in self defense or in a war when you are being attacked.

You lie.

Many Muslims are condemning this act of unimaginable horror.

Many Muslims around the world are committing these acts.

Seriously, what would you know?
edit on 2012/1/28 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
For as open minded as some of you claim to be, there sure is a lot of idiocy in this thread.

Do not judge the many by the deeds of the few.

Even within your own families, I am sure there are many of you who have a relative that you wish you could just ignore forever. Religion is like that as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

In this case I don't believe she participated out of fear for her own safety, but I could be wrong as I don't know these people. The son was definitely in on it as he's the one who "accidentally" pushed their vehicle into the canal. She says she lied out of fear for her son's safety because she claims that her interpretation of a statement made by an officer gave her the impression her son would be tortured:

Shafia mother tells trial she lied to police over fears son Hamed would be tortured

A Montreal woman accused, along with her husband and son, of murdering four people including three of her daughters, told jurors that she lied to police in her first interrogation in a bid to save her eldest son.

During Tooba Mohammad Yahya’s second day on the witness stand, she offered the admission about her changing explanations to investigators about critical events on June 29 and June 30 of 2009.

These 3 people are lousy liars.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Back up your statements, show how I lied.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
OK, I can see that when one dude goes psycho, thats one dude going psycho.

However, when THREE people all conspire to kill their own family members.....

Thats a bit beyond ONE dude being psycho.

If its not religion, its certainly some family values that from my perspective are WAY off balance.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
Even within your own families, I am sure there are many of you who have a relative that you wish you could just ignore forever....

Yes, but I don't ask my wife and my son to help me kill them.

Religion or not, can't you see how that is a bit over the top?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by Furbs
Even within your own families, I am sure there are many of you who have a relative that you wish you could just ignore forever....

Yes, but I don't ask my wife and my son to help me kill them.

Religion or not, can't you see how that is a bit over the top?

You are missing the point.

Does every Muslim kill his family when he doesn't agree with them?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

"He" did not kill his family. He got one half of his family to kill the other half.

I dont care if he worships dryer lint, something is wrong with the entire family system, not just one guy.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

"He" did not kill his family. He got one half of his family to kill the other half.

I dont care if he worships dryer lint, something is wrong with the entire family system, not just one guy.

You are still missing the point.

Is it every Muslim's fault that these people did this?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

edit on 28-1-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
my opinion is that all religion is irrelevant, it has no relevance in the world today, the mere fact that these killings have been linked with religion/honour is inconsequential, people are killed every day for many reasons, religon/honour is just another reason.

i would also like to point out that i am agnostic and if there is a god he/she/it has nothing to do with the organized religions that populate this planet. i have heard of many of these "honour" killings in england and the daily mail is a fear mongering newspaper that has only caught on to this story because one hasn't happened in Britain recently. the daily mail will print anything that incites hatred in muslims and islam which in turn is just propaganda that is designed to make the british public more accepting when the US and UK decide to invade a muslim country.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I did not say it is every Muslims fault, nor did I intend to blame it on those who worship dryer lint. I do not claim it to be the result of any religion.

What I said was....

"something is wrong with the entire family system, not just one guy"

It is a families perspective that is messed up here, I don't know if its because of HOW they perceive and worship what ever god or not. Some people, in MANY religions take a really whacked out stance.

Do I blame the entire religion, No.

There are Christians here in the US, that protest soldiers funerals claiming that "god hates (derogatory term for homosexuals)"
Do I blame that on ALL Christians? NO, I do not. Do I blame this half of the family on all Muslims, NO, I do not.
edit on 28-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i havent read all the posts to this

my deepest sympathy to those 3 girls and i hope the killers are brought to full justice for what they did

now my question is how can a tragedy like this bring in an aurgument on ATS and people calling others liers are you ****ing serious

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

I did not say it is every Muslims fault, nor did I intend to blame it on those who worship dryer lint. I do not claim it to be the result of any religion.

What I said was....

"something is wrong with the entire family system, not just one guy"

It is a families perspective that is messed up here, I don't know if its because of HOW they perceive and worship what ever god or not. Some people, in MANY religions take a really whacked out stance.

Do I blame the entire religion, No.

There are Christians here in the US, that protest soldiers funerals claiming that "god hates (derogatory term for homosexuals)"
Do I blame that on ALL Christians? NO, I do not. Do I blame this half of the family on all Muslims, NO, I do not.
edit on 28-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

Then we are in agreement and Im not sure why you took exception to what I posted.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join