It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim couple 'murdered their three daughters in honour killings' - because they wanted to cut off

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by insaan

Grieving? Hardly, did you know that the government has evidence on them that they were saying they would do it over again. Also who are we to judge? It is up to God to decide the punishment. No where in Islam does it advocate honor killings.

The article that I read didn't mention no such thing, the article that I read said that the mother, brother and father have pleaded not guilty. There is no physical evidence to suggest that the girls were killed, the only evidence that the prosecution has is the 2 letters.

2 letters without any context is not good enough to justify the horror which the family has to go through, first having to face the death of 3 daughters, then being blamed for the murder of their own daughter and not to mention the dark image which will trail the family for the rest of their lives due to media coverage.

All of that being said, no one is defending "honor killing" murder, why are you suggesting that I'm defending murder? In which post did I even hint that I support murder?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by insaan
Or are you serious?

Yes I'm serious....that why I ask the questions. Its an attempt to develop and understanding, that I currently do not have.

I would like you to stop making assumptions through your ignorance, and stop jumping to conclusions.

I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm asking questions.

I also clearly said that my family was raised to believe in marriage,

No actually you did not.

I also clearly said that my family was raised to believe in marriage,that is why she fears being judged if she is seen with guys.

So you expect your sister to marry some guy she has never met? If she is not allowed to be with the guy how is she going to know him?
Unless your culture/religion believes in arranged marriages.....but then again you did not answer my question on that.

Please, expand your sense of understand, .....

Thats why I asked the questions.
edit on 28-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2012 by vogon42 because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

It was stated on CNN that the government has evidence.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

What makes me uneasy is how naive after reading some of the posts that people can be about the Muslim belief system. All Muslim's belive the same thing, there are some that take it to heart and there are some that stand on the edge. If they seem like hypocrites then they will be delt with.

Chapter 60.4..............................some people just can't deal with hatred.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
Yes I'm serious....that why I as the questions. Its an attempt to develop and understanding, that I currently do not have.

I'm glad to hear that.

I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm asking questions.

Actually I would have to disagree, you did jump to conclusion, your questions had nothing to do with your first conclusions, you said my sister was a prisoner in her own home, you never asked anything about my sister as if you knew everything about her, instead, you asked about my country, and my religion. Maybe you should ask the right questions. Before jumping to conclusion and saying my sister is a prisoner in her own home, I think it would have been smart to ask whether my sister lives with the family or not. Then I would have told you that she lives in a complete different city, studying in University far, far away from the family's eye sight.

No actually you did not.

I did mention our belief in marriage, I'll quote myself and I couldn't have made it any clearer: .."because in my family sex before marriage is not seen as a good activity"..

So you expect your sister to marry some guy she has never met? If she is not allowed to be with the guy how is she going to know him?

There's something called formality, you typically meet the guy through engagement, that's why it is called engagement, you engage with the guy which you're interested in having a long term relationship. This is what we believe in, this is how we were raised.

Unless your culture/religion believes in arranged marriages.....but then again you did not answer my question on that.

Do you know what arranged marriage means?

Thats why I asked the questions.
edit on 28-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

Your questions were misplaced.
edit on 28-1-2012 by insaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by insaan

It was stated on CNN that the government has evidence.

Maybe you should posted the CNN article alongside the one in your original post. Why don't you send me the link so that I may read it? Or tell me what to type in Google for faster search.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

On CNN TV, as I stated in my OP I did not find any links pertaining to that.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Could you please list those serial killers .So are you saying the Christian religion causes people to become serial killers or all serial killers are Christain . They were vey beautiful young ladies

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by insaan

I did mention our belief in marriage, I'll quote myself and I couldn't have made it any clearer: .."because in my family sex before marriage is not seen as a good activity"..

Thats not the same as "My family was raised to believe in marriage"

...you typically meet the guy through engagement, that's why it is called engagement, ..

So your sister has to be engaged to a guy before she can get the chance to know him?
Can you explain your concept of engagement, does not sound like the custom I am familiar with in the US?

Do you know what arranged marriage means?

I know what its not, but why do you keep answering my question with a deflecting question?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Um and when was the last time an Abortion clinic was bombed , In NA , SA , Europe or else where ? How long has it been ? How many years ? Oh thATS right Christians slaughtering abortion clinic doctors in the millions hese days .

edit on 28-1-2012 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Christians, do not do these things in first world countries.
They do.

This whole "honour killings" thing is not limited to Muslim countries, it goes (at least) from Afghanistan in the east to Portugal in the west. In these last 30 years things have been getting better, but it's still relatively common to find cases in which the parent(s) or some (usually male) family member does something bad to someone (usually girls) related to them because they were affecting their family's honour.

Because of the regions where this is common, this type of "honour killings" was "exported" to the South and Central Americas by the people (Portuguese and Spanish) that "discovered" those areas, and that's why it's also common to find cases like this in those areas.

It's not a religious problem, it's a cultural problem.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Religion: The disease of our age.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

Never said that there isn't honor killings among other cultures, but there is a significant amount of it in the Muslim community. I even had the displeasure of talking to some who believe in it.

Islam maybe a religion of peace, but there is a noticeable percentage who practice a corrupt version of it.

edit:

I am not saying all Muslims are bad, I know several who are great, outstanding people.
edit on 28-1-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

Lies, homosexuals are killed everyday. Yea Islam is so peaceful, huge lies. The day Islam stops killing homosexuals I will call them a religion of peace.

I get that you are gay............but why just homosexuals..........what makes you above anyone else extremist kill in the name of their god?

Would I not be just as dead if they hug me for my religious thoughts? Would My neighbor not be just as dead because shes a feminist.........

Segregation of crime because of race and sexuality is a plague on this world......

With your line of thought if you kill me, it should be a hate crime cause im straight......

Dead is dead, and a horrible senseless crime is a horrible senseless crime........Death doesnt care what your sexuality is

edit on 28-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
Thats not the same as "My family was raised to believe in marriage"

I can't believe I was once again naive enough to believe someone was truly interested in getting informed, rather here you're playing games. "I don't believe in sex before marriage" = "I believe in Marriage". That isn't that complicated, but sometimes it is hard to believe you were wrong ae?

So your sister has to be engaged to a guy before she can get the chance to know him?

No, that is her choice, I'm talking about the way we were raised up.

Can you explain your concept of engagement, does not sound like the custom I am familiar with in the US?

It is the same as US, with one difference, no sex before marriage. I said it in last post, we engage and interact to know each other, that's what engagement means.

I know what its not, but why do you keep answering my question with a deflecting question?

I'm assuming you don't know what arranged marriage means, because I already explained what I believe in, and how my family was raised up and their beliefs, and yet you still talk about arranged marriage?

I don't think you're interested at all in attempting to understand what I'm talking about, or I think it would be very hard for you to understand, or you refuse to understand because some beliefs doesn't fit in your comfort zone, I hope I helped you open your mind even a tiny bit because I can see cultural barriers and how hard sometimes it can be to pierce through them.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

What makes me uneasy is how naive after reading some of the posts that people can be about the Muslim belief system. All Muslim's belive the same thing, there are some that take it to heart and there are some that stand on the edge. If they seem like hypocrites then they will be delt with.

This isn't strictly true, all Muslims do not believe in the same thing, true Muslims follow the Koran and only that, others follow part Koran and part hadiths and then there's the ones that follow the basic Koran but actually follow the ideals of the Wuhhabist way (spelling will be off) which is very much more strict but has nothing to do with the Koran bar claiming they follow the Koran.

Most of the older people who come here from Afghanistan etc are schooled in the strict old ways and Shariah, they follow what their clerics and Imams tell them. They basically are pre brainwashed and find the West far too confusing to deal with, they are still expecting to deal with stuff in a tribal way amongst themselves so never fit in when in Western places. You also have to take into account that these who follow like this do so because of a mans word, men are the dominant force and women are taught to know their place in the family so when the daughters step one inch out of their line they get punished. Sadly they also believe in family name and respect, if a daughter is seen to bring shame on the family they are treated very badly and often killed, this ritual is being slowly but surely played out in the West, they simply refuse to accept out laws and ways, they follow the Shariah way only and don't see themselves as doing wrong.

For me the Western world has made an enormous mistake in allowing these people to relocate here, these radical shariah types are stuck in their ways, they will not integrate, they will not follow our laws and never will.

These are radical people, most often poorly educated that are controlled in their countries by the Clerics etc, for me they are Muslim in name only, they do not follow the book and in many cases don't believe the normal Koran reading Muslims are right, they see them as Westernised and weak.

A true Muslim would never do what these people did to their daughters, its a huge sin to harm and innocent, its also not right that they judge these girls as bad, true Muslims believe that only Allah can judge.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with having cultural / family values. The only thing that everyone should have is a choice to follow them or not. Once the choice is taken away that things start to fall apart.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
damn. you rarely see half the faces of the woman from that region of the world.

they are some lookers ;D

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bisman
damn. you rarely see half the faces of the woman from that region of the world.

they are some lookers ;D

These women were murdered by their family because of their religious beliefs

And your only response is how hot they were?

prime example of the conditioning this planet has gone through, people are numb to tragedy anymore........the human race is lost

Im convinced that if someone had a person infront of them put a gun to someones head and pull the trigger, a vast majority of people anymore wouldnt feel a damn thing.....

Disgusting

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I am American/Persian and did date an Afghan once, she was a beautiful caring compassionate woman, BUT terrified of her family. I had no experience with Afhgan families or dating one then but after a couple months I realized a couple things:

A- they have very short fuses and violent tempers
B- they fight within the family with anger and hate as much as they would an outsider
C- DONT have their family mad at you
- after I broke up with her, her brothers and cousins threatened me, followed me and fought with me.

Now thank god for my American side and being a trained US Marine Sniper or I probably would have
ended up dead myself. (meaning I had the wits to know the danger I was in and get out), also they had a
fear of me because I was a Marine Sniper.

With that said the problem was not with my Afghan girlfriend but rather the radical men in the family.

We have a midddle eastern saying (badly translated) - " A persian will scream and yell but not bite, but an afghan will follow you to hell a knife you to death "

Anyway I cannot say all are this way but a majority of them take family and honor WAY TOO SERIOUS.\

Sniper

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join