It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim couple 'murdered their three daughters in honour killings' - because they wanted to cut off

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse
The accused are innocent until proven guilty.

..And this case is SUBJUDICE.

In a court of law.

In my eyes they are guilty as sin.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

In ATS they are guilty until proven innocent..

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by insaan

There is a translator in the courtroom that produces these transcripts. These statements were made, I even have family members who attended the trial. There are mountains of evidence. People who say there is no evidence have not been following this trial.

I never said there isn't a translator, but sometimes it is good to have a look at the evidence yourself instead of blind faith, get it? That being said, mountain of evidence is a ridiculous statement, the burden of proof rests on the prosecution's case, if you examine their evidence, it is all circumstantial.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

First of all, this is NOT ISLAM. In Islam no right is given to kill anyone except in self defense or in a war when you are being attacked. These murderers used their religion as an excuse to perpetrate this horrific crime. Many Muslims are condemning this act of unimaginable horror. The propaganda is in full effect and a few days ago CNN was playing this story but I was reluctant to post because I could not find online links, but here it is on daily mail.

RIP

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Lies, homosexuals are killed everyday. Yea Islam is so peaceful, huge lies. The day Islam stops killing homosexuals I will call them a religion of peace.

Sad these girls had to die its also sad that muslims care for their death but not the death of innocent honosexuals, over 4 thousand( including teenagers) killed compared to these three girls.
edit on 27-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

And recently a squad of U.S soldiers slaughtered several innocent un-armed muslim families ,some of which were celebrating a wedding.Men woman and children.People are murdered everyday not just becasue they are gay.

The fact that you are gay may have biased you a bit.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I've been hearing about this Shafia business anytime I actually sit down to a television, or listen to the radio - it's also all over online news sources, at least here in Canada.

You're right, this is not Islam, and those that would claim it to be know nothing of the religion, and should get their facts straight (I mean real facts, not the "facts" some people come up with to prove their points)

This is a crying shame

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianOrion

Alright, let me make clear and obvious the disengenuous nature of your post by quoting the same Qur'anic verses that you lifted off some anti-Islamic website.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

"drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]" - This is specifically talking about resisting persecution and to "drive them our from where they drove you out".

"...but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more..." - This is saying that if the persecution stops, then you stop fighting them. This doesn't say in any way, shape, or form to go and kill non-believers. In no part of the Qur'an, if you are honest with the full context of the verses, does it command Muslims to kill kufar (non-believers)/

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

""The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this," - Again, when it describes those who wage war against Allah, is talking about those that wage war on the Muslims. This verse is describing that it is the duty to RESIST OPRESSION by all means necessary, and, as long as the oppression of Muslims continues, to resist brutally the oppression. Again, this does not command Muslims to wage war on non-believers, rather it commands Muslims to resist violently oppression and wars waged against them.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Lets give some more complete context to this verse. I know how you love to take verses out of context to prove your erroneous point, however this verse requires context:

First of all this verse is specifically speaking about the battle of Badr back in the 7th century when the Muslims were under incredible persecution in Mahka. The battle of Badr was the first battle that the Muslims fought against their oppressors, and outnumbered 2-1, they were victorious. You didn't even quote the entire verse! If you did, it makes it clear that the verse is speaking about a SPECIFIC battle in history, in which the Muslims, against all odds, were victorious. Here is the entire quote:

Quran (8:12) - "[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip.""

For the full context of the verse within the historical battle of Badr, go and read the full Sura (Chapter) here:

quran.com...

These verses describe specifically how the Muslims are to behave when under oppression and persecution, the Qur'an instructs us to fight them, however as you yourself pointed out in the first verse, if they cease oppressing the Muslims, then:

"lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

You even quoted only a partial verse which completely discredits you.

There is a long history, prior to Zionism, of Christians and Muslims living in peace and prosperity in the Muslim lands; in Iraq, in Syria and in Andalus. Go read a history book and see for yourself, it's not occult knowledge.

Islam refers to Jews and Christians as "people of the book", however the Qur'an instructs:

[ “Oh you who believe (in this Qur’an), do not take (such) Jews and Christians as friends and allies who themselves are friends and allies of each other. And whoever of you (Muslims) turn to them (with friendship and alliance) becomes, verily, one of them; behold, Allah does not guide such evildoers.”
(Qur’an, al-Maidah, 5:51)

This verse proves that the Qur'an is prophetic in prophesizing the current Judeo-Christian Zionist alliance. In the days of Mohammed (ASW), the thought of a Christian and Jewish alliance was UNTHINKABLE, as it was generally accepted in those times that it was the Jews that murdered and crucified Jesus (AS).

Big fail my friend.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianOrion

“The teachings of Islam can fail under no circumstances. With all our systems of culture and civilization, we cannot go beyond Islam and, as a matter of fact, no human mind can go beyond the Koran.”

Johann Goethe, cited in Sir Henry Elliot’s Letters of Johann Goethe, 1865.

"The sayings of Mohammed are a treasure of wisdom not only for Muslims but for all of mankind."

Gandhi, Preface to The Sayings of Mohammed by Sohrawardi

"I wanted to know the best of the life of one who holds today an undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind…. I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet the scrupulous regard for pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the second volume (of the Prophet’s biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of that great life."

Mahatma Gandhi, statement published in ‘Young India’,1924

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Sometimes one can accidentally find treasure buried in a pile of #.

You should remember to shower afterwards though.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
NO VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENTS FROM THE REST OF THE FAMILY.

That my good fellows, says it all.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

They have been found guilty!

Shafias all found guilty of first-degree murder

Three Afghan-Canadians charged with murdering four relatives in a so-called "honour killing" have been convicted on all charges.

The verdict was reached shortly after 1 pm Sunday afternoon and delivered about an hour later to a packed courtroom.

In all, the seven-woman, five-man jury had deliberated just over 15 hours, spread over two days, sequestered on the second floor of the historic Frontenac County Court House in downtown Kingston.‬

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They were all found guilty of first degree murder. "The defendants face an automatic penalty of life imprisonment with no chance of parole for at least 25 years."
www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
religion is a funny thing. how the hell can you kill your daughters or your sisters in the name of god? and for what? wanting have a "life"? kinda ironic to end a life for wanting a life. and i love the what the heck let's include one of the wives while i'm at it attitude...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
HURRAY - They are found guilty, too bad we didn't have the death penalty in Canada....and yes, this is a cultural thing, not a religious one.

(and this is kind of what the liberal multiculturalism has brought us, the inability to tell people from other cultures moving here that some things are not accepted)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It appears now there are actually a couple people standing up to say ......well not really Islam approved.

Not really that strong of a stance against it.

Or at least that it is cultural based, not religion based.

Islam doesn't justify 'honor murders,' experts insist

Several Arab countries and territories, including Iraq, Kuwait, Syria, Yemen and the Palestinian territories, have laws providing lesser sentences for honor murders than for other murders, Human Rights Watch says.

"It is a problem within Islam because of how Muslims often confuse culture and religion," she said. "It's Muslims who have to learn to separate culture and religion. If we don't, Islam will continue to get the bad name that it gets.

edit on 30-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
And again, in the news today.

At least this one was not in North America.

Afghan police: Man kills wife for giving birth to daughter instead of son

"Finally on Saturday, the man, with the help of his mother, first beat the woman and then strangled her to death," the police chief said.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
These muslims are extreme in every way possible. I dont understand why they move to a new country but try to still live like they are in the old country. Do they not realize that the new country has laws agianst the inhumane treatment of people?? I understand being proud of your religion is one thing. But why are you going to kill someone over trying to lead a normal life?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
That is a big deal/case in Montreal
they have been convicted of 25 yrs each
for killing the 3 girl and the mother
i think they fully diserve that
murdering your own familly because they were not respecting the father rule
of not seeing boys and dress like normal girl

edit on 1/31/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
These muslims are extreme in every way possible. I dont understand why they move to a new country but try to still live like they are in the old country. Do they not realize that the new country has laws agianst the inhumane treatment of people?? I understand being proud of your religion is one thing. But why are you going to kill someone over trying to lead a normal life?

I fully support the Conservatives in their push to make certain aspects of the local culture crystal clear to new comers. Then to back it up.

There are too many women in this nation who are shuttered into their homes and isolated from any help and have little idea that they way that they are being treated is not acceptable and even illegal by our countries' standards. Many of their own community KNOW this, and frankly agree enough with how these women are being treated to do not bother to do anything about it. They are complicit in every sense of the word.

It is not just Islam who is guilty of this behaviour - they are merely the ones trying to create a parallel society and shuck off any attempts to modify this behaviour over generations.

I don't care that my allies in this are NOT feminists and ARE conservatives. This barbaric behaviour is a cancer, and one that is being lovingly protected or complicity ignored. You cannot claim to be an all-encompassing lifestyle and then wash your hands of the consequences when it is inconvenient. And Islam absolutely makes the claim to be a complete and all encompassing religious, lifestyle and political ideology.
edit on 2012/1/31 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

What do you mean by 'these muslims' you mean like 'these jews' or 'these black people?' Or are you referring to these three criminals which do not represent the Muslim faith in any way or shape whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by JROCK2527

What do you mean by 'these muslims' you mean like 'these jews' or 'these black people?' Or are you referring to these three criminals which do not represent the Muslim faith in any way or shape whatsoever.

Lets not ignore that their deeds were motivated by their religion in this case, so mentioning it is indeed relevant.
But they should be called extremist muslims, not just muslims (to differentiate them from moderate muslims).

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join