It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim couple 'murdered their three daughters in honour killings' - because they wanted to cut off

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Muslim couple 'murdered their three daughters in honour killings' - because they wanted to cut off 'the diseased limb of their family tree' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

A couple and their son accused of the quadruple honour killings of half of their family took the decision to commit murder in order to cut off 'the diseased limb on their family tree'.

Jurors in Ontario, Canada, were told how Afghan-born Mohammad Shafia, 58, his wife Tooba Yahya, 42, and their son Hamed, 21, were responsible for planning and carrying out the murders of four family members.

In closing statements to the court in Ontario prosecutor Laurie Lacelle urged the jury to find all three guilty of killing Shafia and Yahya's three teenage daughters and his 'other' wife from a po
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
First of all, this is NOT ISLAM. In Islam no right is given to kill anyone except in self defense or in a war when you are being attacked. These murderers used their religion as an excuse to perpetrate this horrific crime. Many Muslims are condemning this act of unimaginable horror. The propaganda is in full effect and a few days ago CNN was playing this story but I was reluctant to post because I could not find online links, but here it is on daily mail.

RIP

www.dailymail.co.uk
edit on 27-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ever notice how serial killers usually cite "God told me so" when asked why?

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant to say "Christian Serial Killers"

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Where's the outrage? Where's the condemnation?
This is becoming more and more the norm in Islam lately.

When only the crazies are talking we have a problem.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

There is plenty of outrage, what do you want every muslim on earth to send you a postcard?

link   
Very sad, especially after reading their personal emails....

I've heard that afghans take family and marriage matters very seriously, in a loving way. But this is not a good example AT ALL.

p.s this is not Islam. Just look at the picture of the man in the story, looks like a total control freak.
edit on 27-1-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

link   
Exactly. Such horrors come from a diseased and backwards culture, where even in Middle Eastern culture (painfully old school compared to what I'm used to) the people who practice this kind of crap are cookoo for cocoapuffs.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Poor Girls,
God definitely wasn't involved in any of this.
God rest their souls.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Miss Lacelle presented wire taps and cell phone records from the Shafia family in court.

thats the one short line that interests me the most in this whole article.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by grey580

There is plenty of outrage, what do you want every muslim on earth to send you a postcard?

I don't think I have enough space to store them all.
But yeah. How about a little more outrage.

How many of these have we seen in the news and when do we draw the line and say this sort of thing is unacceptable.
You wanna kill your kids go do it in another country.

link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

On CNN they said that the police told them to come to the station to present a statement and they bugged the car beforehand to get the juicy discussion on the way to the station. Brilliant work on the polices part

+4 more 
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

First of all, this is NOT ISLAM. In Islam no right is given to kill anyone except in self defense or in a war when you are being attacked. These murderers used their religion as an excuse to perpetrate this horrific crime. Many Muslims are condemning this act of unimaginable horror. The propaganda is in full effect and a few days ago CNN was playing this story but I was reluctant to post because I could not find online links, but here it is on daily mail.

RIP

www.dailymail.co.uk
edit on 27-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Lies, homosexuals are killed everyday. Yea Islam is so peaceful, huge lies. The day Islam stops killing homosexuals I will call them a religion of peace.

Sad these girls had to die its also sad that muslims care for their death but not the death of innocent honosexuals, over 4 thousand( including teenagers) killed compared to these three girls.
edit on 27-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

In Somalia they kill women who were raped.
When the raped woman accused the rapists.
The same rapists accused them of adultery.
Earning them a death sentence.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sad story. This had nothing to do with honour. Only a controlling father who obviously had no love, but plenty of contempt for his daughters.

Beutifull girls too, it's such a shame.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

In Islam no right is given to kill anyone except in self defense or in a war when you are being attacked.

What about capital punishment?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I've been sort of following this case. Isn't this the one where the current wife is a step mother and the real mother was in the car with them. So she was murdered too. And the younger boy testified as well. Apparently one of the girls told the school counselors they were being abused at home? If not there is another similar multi murder case.

Thank you for the thread. I want to see justice.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What a shame. I'd love to feel angry, but I'm becoming desensitized to it.

Gorgeous, absolutely GORGEOUS girls. Why couldn't they just ship them down here to Florida to corrupt us infidels?

An absolute, inhumane, inhuman, vile, waste of precious life. Stories like these prove God is not active in our lives. I believe there is a God, a God with a Master Plan, and a God which is ever-present, but it doesn't interfere, other than to offer gentle guidance in response to sincere prayer. It is a passive God that lets us make our own mistakes.

The problem with all Religions is they put too much onus on God. Too much responsibility on God. In organized Religion, God is placed ahead of personal responsibility, and that is a recipe for disaster.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This certainly isn't Islam. Islam has always been a religion of peace. It shames me to see a beautiful, well intended religion with a lush history being used as an excuse for psychotic behavior.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I also want to see "honor" dropped in any use in court cases, for murder is murder, that is just a part of the psychology for the case, but should never be linked with abuse, primitive low IQ control freaks for any reason.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The mother was very beautiful too. Wonderful intelligent eyes.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join