It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is a French foreign legion soldier going into Ohio capitol building?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Just got done walking downtown. I saw a guy with a white kepi hat and a dark blue military uniform with white slacks go into the state house. Ok why is he here in Ohio?

His jacket had 4 or 5 yellow bars on the sleeve. Who was this guy?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Commandant: also called chef de bataillon in the infantry, chef d'escadrons in the cavalry, chef d'escadron in the artillery and in the Army Light Aviation. Senior Officer Infantry

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-1-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

That's for 4 bars. 5 would be Colonel, all yellow being inf.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Last I checked, pretty much anyone can go anywhere they want in Ohio and the rest of the US. We're still mostly a free country. Just because he had on a fancy uniform doesn't preclude him from visiting places.

edit on 27-1-2012 by webpirate because: additional thoughts

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Better question is why didn't you stop and ask him?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

No ones saying he can't be here. Just why? Is it serious?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Fancy dress?

Regards

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Just got done walking downtown. I saw a guy with a white kepi hat and a dark blue military uniform with white slacks go into the state house. Ok why is he here in Ohio?

The French Foreign Legion is made up of non-French soldiers. Maybe the guy is from Ohio and was visiting home?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Off the wall here but I had a friend here in the UK who Joined the Legion - still a British Citizen - and I know of Brits who have joined the US marines. Perhaps an expat visiting?, a courtesy visit during a joint training exercise? , an exchange visit of some kind?

Many possible explanations - not all of them that worrying IMHO

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

At any given time there are thousands of foreign military officers in the United States. They are here for training when a country buys our airplanes, for joint military exercises, as attaches to foreign embassies and consulates, as liason officers, and any number of other reasons. Seeing one person in a foreign military uniform anywhere in the US should not be cause for any reasonably sane person to be alarmed.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

At any given time there are thousands of foreign military officers in the United States. They are here for training when a country buys our airplanes, for joint military exercises, as attaches to foreign embassies and consulates, as liason officers, and any number of other reasons. Seeing one person in a foreign military uniform anywhere in the US should not be cause for any reasonably sane person to be alarmed.

Well you don't see foreign soldiers here that often. Its kind of rare.
Where does one draw a line to insanity from being surprised that a foreign soldier walks into a state house?

Relax.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
-double post-
edit on 27-1-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So day for you, huh?
Try watching TV.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

On an exchange visit is my first thought? The US military send their guys into France so....

I knew some infantry lads who were on a short excercise / goodwill visit back in the 80s, they told me how because of the berets they wore, all the US folks thought they were SF guys

When in the Brit. Army berets are the standard . dress!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
White Kepi means he is a legionaire, officers wear black kepi`s with a red top. Black kepi`s from cple chef upwards. Blue top and white slacks, wearing a white Kepi? dosnt add up I`m affraid. I`m ex 2 REP. I never saw a dress uniform like that.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Because he wanted to get to the other side (of the door).

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Well you don't see foreign soldiers here that often. Its kind of rare.
Where does one draw a line to insanity from being surprised that a foreign soldier walks into a state house?

Relax.

You're the one who needs to relax. You're the one who said, "Why is he here?" You'r ethe one that said, "Is it serious?" Youi're the one who came on to ATS to report this "unusual" event. Well, we've explained it. It's NOT serious. It's NOT all that unusual. In fact, it's normal.

Relax.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I can buy and wear a pink tutu, but it doesn't make me a ballerina.

Either way, I wouldn't be too worried about a single officer of the French Foreign Legion entering the State House unless he was shooting the place up. And given some of the laws to come out of Columbus in the past 10 years...I wouldn't be too concerned if he was shooting the place up. In fact, with all the new laws, maybe he thought Ohio was France.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why is ANYONE in Ohio..

Damn..

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
Why is ANYONE in Ohio..

Damn..

I often answer that question alot myself.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It's the foreign legion, he might be an American. Anyone can join the Foreign Legion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join