It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook's Investors Poised For Record Jackpot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Facebook's Investors Poised For Record Jackpot

online.wsj.com

Facebook Inc. is set to unleash massive paydays in the venture-capital industry—including a potential record-breaking $9 billion jackpot for one venture firm.

Facebook is expected to file to go public soon, raising as much as $10 billion at a valuation of $75 billion to $100 billion in what would be one of the biggest-ever U.S. public debuts, people familiar with the matter have said.

At those values, the venture-capital firms that funded the social network in its early days in 2005 and 2006 are poised to see their investments of around $12 million each in Facebook balloon into multi-b
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
FaceBook is about to increase the wealth of some already wealthy people:

Chief among the beneficiaries would be Palo Alto, Calif., venture-capital firm Accel Partners, which invested $12.7 million in Facebook in 2005 when the company was priced around $100 million. While Accel has since sold a small percentage of its Facebook shares, it could still reap around a 1,000 times return, with its stake potentially worth as high as $9 billion (taking into account dilution and other factors), said people familiar with the matter.

Too bad they didn't let us in on the action until now.

I wonder if they're aware of some upcoming financial turmoil that is about to make their investments completely worthless. I would dump my shares too if I already multiplied my investment by 1,000 times. I doubt I could afford any of their shares anyways.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
They had this planned since 2004...

I must give them credit, absolutely brilliant.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In a world torn apart by debt, economic crisis and social injustice, I always wonder, when I see this amount of money being "handled", as to why nobody in those investments has the heart to share some of their profits with the people who carry them to success.

How we allow a world where such a misdistribution of wealth occurs, is beyond comprehension.

But, that's just my conscience trying to take over. Reason and the fact that I'm aware these sorts of people are detached from social reality, makes me not even consider such a wonderful possibility.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
double post
edit on 27/1/12 by Tifozi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

My jaw dropped when I first read this story, even though I wasn't that surprised. Us little people are expected to follow the law and are responsible for the consequences of our actions meanwhile these corporate thugs manipulate the markets for their own personal gain. I can almost guarantee that if this were to be properly investigated they would uncover insider trading.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Tifozi

My jaw dropped when I first read this story, even though I wasn't that surprised. Us little people are expected to follow the law and are responsible for the consequences of our actions meanwhile these corporate thugs manipulate the markets for their own personal gain. I can almost guarantee that if this were to be properly investigated they would uncover insider trading.

Are there really that many people trying to be King of the "Mafia Wars" by buying credits to extend their game?
I mean really, where is all that cash money coming from?

added: how far is ATS behind FB........think about it!!!
edit on 27-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Too bad they didn't let us in on the action until now.

If you have a relationship with a broker that deals in venture capital then you can participate up front. This is not some secret investment by individuals. Very risky but if you're up for it then go do it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

@ 1:50 mark for the link of Accel and In-Q-Tel to the CIA

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

IPO's don't start until later. If you had a broker from 2004 who could have got us in on that man were you ever holding out!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I will be disabling my account at that time.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
wow the c.i.a made more from facebook than from dealing drugs this year.
not only do they get money they get all the skeletons in peoples closets and gossip .
wonder how much they would have made if the economy was better ?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Today I just edited my whole profile to a bunch of nonsense and then deleted my account. Tomorrow starts the new mandatory TIMELINE for facebook. so now it gives you easier access to see what so and so did 3 years.
I also deleted my google+ account because i am mad at google for not allowing me to opt out of there new privacy policy march 1st. I understand these are free services, but i would be more than happy to watch an AD to help pay than to have them track everything im doing, even tho im not doing anything wrong, its the principle. I loved google for being for the people and now they are being the typical big corp.

wonder how myspace is doing lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Facebook is worth nothing.

What they are selling are people. People that don't even realize they're getting sold.....and somebody will be using the information they are buying....to use various schemes to make money against those people.

BRILLIANT......

Stupid sheeple need to be taught a lesson anyways to remind them they are living in a real world, not virtual.

new topics

top topics

join