It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journey 2 The Mysterious Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I thought I'd post this because the timing of the movie piqued my interest. Recently there has been an increase in the discussion on Hollow Earth theory, Lemuria and Atlantis as well as the Hypogeum at Malta and other suppoised enterances to underground or hidden civilizations and land masses.

So to day when I saw the trailer for Joyrney 2 The Mysterious Island which is based on both Jules Verne's and Robert Louis Stevenson works. It also apparently incorporates Johnathan Swifts Gulliver's Travels and. It stars Dwayne Johnson, Luis Guzman, and Michael Caine.

The trailer incorporates some of the objects from the supposed first hand accounts such as the Butterflies and Grassy Plains in an seemingly Arctic environment. It also involves UFO's in an apparent reflection of Admiral Bird's (likely forged descrption) of an encounter in his flight into the hollow earth.

The movie seems to be presented as a Fanciful Adventure film similar to Jouyrney to the Center of the Earth and The Lost World (the reccent one with Will Ferrell). However it seems also to incorporate an apocolyptic scenario as the films climax.

It looks pretty good to me and imo should be better than the other two movies I mentioned. I'll leave you to judge on the synchronicity with the increased interest in hollow earth theory. Sorry If I rambled on too long. Here's the trailer for those interested.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
i wanna see it, looks like it'll be good for adults and children

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Will Ferrell was in The Lost World?

Or did you mean Land Of The Lost based on the old tv show co-starring Danny McBride and Anna Friel?

This one looks quite cool, might see it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Yeah I totally ment Land of the Lost, that sucks, and I didn't read this until after my four hour edit time had passed. Oh well thanks for the correction. Im a big fan of Michael Crichton too, I'd a thought I would have caught my mistake.

top topics

join