It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Spheres Fall from the Sky in the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just noticed this story about strange blue spheres falling from the sky and landing in some blokes garden in Bournemouth, UK.......

www.bbc.co.uk...

As the story explains, Steve Hornsby from Bournemouth said the 3cm diameter balls came raining down late on Thursday afternoon during a hail storm.

He said: "The have an exterior shell with a softer inner but have no smell, aren't sticky and do not melt."

The Met Office said the jelly-like substance was "not meteorological".

The 'experts' are suggesting marine eggs from some invertebrate but they are a little strange..........
invasion of the body snatchers anyone.......

I remember a story on here about blue spheres on the surface of Mars........??

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Haha, that's awesome! Things are getting so weird!

The explanation that lady gives at the end of the article is almost laughable.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The earth is a funny place.

Could a water spout have sucked the eggs from the ocean or river in one place and the jetstream or some other current have carried the eggs there?

Interesting story.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Another like this orange stuff

I wonder if there was a recent celestial that was said to be water plasma like near earth
that may have delieverd some things.. Whatever this is the image of it is very strange. Thanks for the share

snf

op assist the image.

edit on 1/27/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Wierd.
I'm in Bournemouth and if they mean last night (Thurs) then we did'nt have any hail.
Clearest night in ages actually, was out looking at the stars.
Thinking about it though could have been last week, weather was worse then.
Oh... Why did'nt i get any blue balls?!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
How very strange.... Though did I miss it or did it not say what size they were? Also he says they were hard to pick up but not why? Too small? Too slippery?

Interesting but would wish it was more detailed

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
That is pretty weird...I don't know whether I would have touched them..
I will check back on this post.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Talk about blue balls!

Great post OP...very odd happenings in the world right now!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

The story says that the spheres were around 3cm's in diameter........ so a decent Marble size in my opinion....

Interstellar seeds ??
Some strange chemical which has been saponified in the upper atmosphere with the current solar storm ??
Some crap off a plane ??

WEIRD...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by daydoesez

Wierd.
I'm in Bournemouth and if they mean last night (Thurs) then we did'nt have any hail.
Clearest night in ages actually, was out looking at the stars.
Thinking about it though could have been last week, weather was worse then.
Oh... Why did'nt i get any blue balls?!

Maybe it wasn't cold enough for you to get blue balls...... !!

it was certainly cold enough here today in Derbyshire....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

You dont want blueballs. ...sorry, had to!

But this is seriously strange. I support the evaporation theory.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Other strange things from the sky............ check out no 4...........

1.Honduran Festival of the Rain of Fishes
Of all the odd things that fall from the sky, fish are the most common. There have been countless fish rains for centuries, In fact, since 1998, in Yoro, Honduras they have held a festival to celebrate the annual fish rains called, appropriately, The Festival of the Rain of Fishes. The local TV station says it has been occurring twice a year lately. A National Geographic investigation determined that the fish are a blind, cave-dwelling fresh water species and their origins are a mystery. Witnesses say the fish rain is preceded by dark clouds, a thunderstorm and heavy rain. When the rain ends, there are thousands of 6- to 8-inch fish flopping around on the ground and the locals pick them up and cook them. During the rainy-fish season the locals set up frying stations and pass out fresh cooked fish as part of the celebration. Some attribute the event to a Catholic missionary, Father Jose Manuel Subirani and they call it a miracle. Apparently, he visited the town in 1854 and finding little food, prayed to God for sustenance for the people. It is said the first fish rain occurred immediately after and continues every year around the same time.

2.Tadpoles and Frogs
In May of 1981, the Greek Meteorological Institute found itself questioning its’ logical powers when small frogs fell on the city of Naphlion in Southern Greece. The best reason they could give for the frog-fall was that a very strong wind had picked up the frogs in their native North Africa and deposited them several hundred miles away in Greece.

More recently, a rain of small minnows and tadpoles fell in Japan’s Ishikawa Prefecture on June 4th 2009. Theories include migrating pelicans regurgitating as they flew high over the area.

The most popular theory for their appearance is that water spouts or small tornados suck a school of minnows high into the atmosphere and deposit it many miles away from it’s natural origin. However, this does not account for why there is usually only one species involved and no rain of pond plants or beer cans. Another, more offbeat theory contends that there are clouds of oceans which defy the laws of physics, floating around the sky or in a parallel dimension which deposit their contents when a breach in the dimensional barrier occurs, like a wormhole to another dimension, or a fish hole if you will.

3.Squid
An inter-dimensional fish hole seems to be the only plausible answer why Kim Ho, a Korean fisherman was knocked unconscious by a frozen squid falling from the sky while fishing near the Falkland Islands in 1997. Unfortunately for him, he was unconscious for two days and suffered brain damage. His ship mates denied having any frozen squid onboard at the time or having a grudge against him for winning a poker match the night before.

4.Spiders
On April 6, 2007, a rain of spiders was captured in photos by Argentine photographer, Christian Oneto Gaona. He was climbing San Bernardo Peak in Argentina’s Salta Province with friends when they noticed the ground covered with spiders. Looking up, they noticed the spiders falling from the sky. He snapped a few pictures to prove his point and then probably ran off swatting and screaming like a little girl.

5.Red Rain
In India’s Kerala province, they had a red rain in July 2001. While many saw it as an occult and demonic sign, others saw it as a chance to dye all their clothes red. Investigators revealed that the rain had been coloured by fungal spores but there was no explanation as to how these spores got into the rain clouds. Again, the best scientific minds in the area attribute the fungal spores’ altitude to powerful updrafts which carry them high into the atmosphere, but how they became so plentiful to color the rain remains a mystery.

6.Star Jelly or Star Snot
Another anomaly in the annals of falling objects is the jelly rain which fell on the moors of Scotland in 2009 and in a town in Tasmania in 1996. DNA results were inconclusive, but reports have it being like jelly, with no cellular structure. Many experts from the UK investigated and were unable to determine it’s origin. It seems to have been accompanied by a meteor shower and theories abound, from fallout from meteors to alien waste materials or undigested frog spawn regurgitated by birds. In Tasmania, the entire town appeared to be covered in jelly. They refer to this episode in the town’s history as Slime Day. Every June 17th locals get drunk and throw jelly at each other in a local bar renamed Slimey’s in honour of the event. Coincidentally, the Scottish moors-men have started the same tradition of getting drunk and throwing jelly at each other, but, since it hasn’t been a year since the jelly fell, there has only been a weekly event to celebrate so they do it every Thursday. They anticipate the one year anniversary to be a real blow-out.

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I would put my money on a cloud seeding experiment by the uk government. The material looks like water absorbing silicon.

I bought a 'make your own snowman' kit from think geek last year and you get tiny little hard balls that when come in contact with water they grow a few 100 times their size sucking up the water in the process. The end result is a marble size jelly ball that look very similar to the one in the source article posted by the op. They are also very slippery which is just how they are described in the source article.

edit on 27-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Or maybe it is just a child's toy/plaything.

Orbeez

My son has a gun that will shoot these things.

Xploderz Gun

No alien eggs I am afraid.......
edit on 27-1-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
In my experience, rubbery blue balls (about the same size) were used to clear primary steam lines in power stations. However, they looked nothing like what's in the image provided.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Why cannot the super intelligent scientist speak on this!!!!! smh another mystery no answer will be provided for what a sign of the times. I hope for lab results data but feel just as the orange goo no clear answer shal be provided to general populace. Thanks OP for the update..
edit on 1/27/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
this is clear cut case marine organism eggs carried on bird feet,duh?

you see the life cycles of your basic marine invertebrate require that their eggs hatch on land to enter their larval stage. Of course this can only happen after they lay their eggs on bird feet.it's to complicated for the lay person to understand but trust me this happens all the time

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Mana balls!

Honestly after looking at the blue ball that is busted in half, I have NO idea. It reminded me a lot of the Alaska egg thing. Perhaps they are frog eggs that got sucked up into the atmosphere and somehow they floated around in a cloud and kind of dried out then fell back.....

Who knows...

Very cool though!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If he walks 2,747 steps while holding one, he might hatch a Manaphy.

Seriously, I'm guessing a waterspout sucked up some eggs from the ocean. Don't know what kind of marine life would lay eggs of that color though.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

lol or stored them in my fridge. good find OP, very interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join