It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPM: "Ron Paul-Supporting Former Ron Paul Secretary: He Knew All About Those Newsletters"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wrekk69

I agree did you know that Newt used these same Newsletters racist tactic against Paul while he was running for Congress?

I will find the link.

edit on 28-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
She says "He knew all about those Newsletters"

Death blow charges for his campaign and even his hopes of forming a "Movement" as leader.

I doubt he will even make it to the Convention now, or even be allowed to speak there. He is proven to be a liar now, and used racism to make more money.

Tainted beyond repair.

His campaign now lays in a smoldering pile of ruin. Goodbye Ron Paul campaign, you were entertaining while it lasted.

His campaign now lays in a smoldering pile of ruin. Goodbye Ron Paul campaign, you were entertaining while it lasted.

Really? thats what you said the last time about Paul and you were wrong time and time again
i bet your a 100% War Monger 100% Newt fan.

He is proven to be a liar now, and used racism to make more money
Really Ron Paul is a liar? says who you? a 100% Newt Fan?

Death blow charges for his campaign and even his hopes of forming a "Movement" as leader
I hear there was a talk with Maine Gov and Ron Paul, expect great things from Ron Paul soon. and as for you no offense but your starting to be very annoying with your Nonsense and BS.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

Then go vote for obama jackass...I'm sick of this b.s.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

I am with you 100% on Ron Paul, seriously I am amazed at anyone selecting any other canditates, I just can not imagine for the love of me. President Mitt President Newt and how much more can the country stand with obama, the problem has always been about 95 % of the voting puplic never watch any current news and usually wait till the last day and run in and vote willy nilly, I even know a guy who voted for Clinton because he was a pot smoking womanizer, I feel Ron Paul is the countrys only hope, every one loved Regan because he was just a regular guy, and I get the same feeling about Ron Paul, I still remember the campaign slogan a few years ago Boot Newt I would not be able to sleep at night, thinking of these guys with their hand on the red Button.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This is nothing but twenty-year-old, unsupported, hearsay evidence. It is weak, and there are no
witnesses coming forward to corroborate the story. One, lone, single, accusing voice in the distance.

If Newt Gingrich can stand up and act self-righteously indignant in the face of testimony about his own
character FROM HIS OWN WIFE---FROM THE DAY BEFORE he was questioned, then

"...Frankly Sir, I'm offended." ...to put it into Newt's words.

Mitt Romney makes more in eight hours than most humans do in a year. The banks and corporations are
his campaign financiers...just like Obama. The only position he has on any issue is the one that he thinks will
garner him the most votes.

Newt is an untrustworthy man with a ruined history of "advising" Fanny and Freddy during the worst
housing bubble collapse in history. His "advice" cost millions of Americans their homes while he
pocketed a million in profit for himself. I will only mention that his Congressional Ethics Scandal
is documented, not hearsay, and would rather point to his untrustworthy nature as a husband--
breaking the covenant of marriage, not once, but twice, and displaying a vulgarity of character
when he began divorce proceedings from his first wife while she was in the hospital with cancer.
If he cannot stick by a dying wife...he is worthless as a man.

Paul takes NO donations from corporations or lobbyists. Married fifty years. A doctor. A ex-major league
professional athlete. SERVED IN THE ARMED FORCES DESPITE BEING MARRIED WITH CHILDREN AT
THE TIME. Receives more donations from enlisted servicemen than ALL OTHER CANDIDATES COMBINED.
I could go on, but I think I've made the point.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The Paulbots are going to defend this fool no matter what comes to light...but who cares...he won't.

Let them have their dreams...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

reply to post by Praetorius

reply to post by sheepslayer247

Regarding Ron Paul and his position on abortion, and the GOP position in general... This reply is directed to the members noted here, not necessarily the specific posts linked.

A reality of the abortion debate that is rarely addressed is what happens to unwanted children in the US, and what happens to far too many pregnant women when abortions are not legal (and safe).

I'm old enough to remember the pre-Roe-V-Wade days, when news stories about another (mostly young) woman dying from a self-administered abortion or going to some back alley butcher were not uncommon. They were common enough to be merely heartbreakingly sad, instead of shocking.

I also have far too much experience seeing what happens to children born in the US that are not wanted. Their lives are generally pretty miserable. They run a very high risk of being poorly cared for, poorly fed, poorly educated and regularly raped by the current Uncle Bob.

So I have to look at the total social cost of abortions safe and legal vs illegal (and therefore underground and not safe).

If a woman chooses to have an abortion, she for some reason feels she is not capable of raising a child properly. Else why would anyone want to go through that? And who is more qualified to make that decision? Her doctor? Some politician?

So if she has an abortion, she has maybe ended a human life. More accurately, she has ended the growth of a mass of cells that had the potential of turning into a human life.

So on the one hand, we have the termination of a growth of cells. Is this growth of cells conscious and aware? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know, and neither does anyone else, Ron Paul included. I'm inclined to think not, but must in honesty recognize the possibility.

I know for a FACT however, that a 5 year old child, who hasn't had a decent meal in two days, or a bath in a week, but gets a visit from the current Uncle Bob every day for a good grope IS conscious and aware.

So to me it also a moral matter. Where is the most harm done? By terminating the growth of cells for which we have zero evidence is aware of anything? Or by forcing the birth of the child, and having her grow up not-wanted, when she damn well IS conscious, aware and able to suffer.

I come down firmly on the position of effective birth control should be made available as cheaply as possible to anyone who wants it. This will NOT encourage promiscuity, this will reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies.

Fewer pregnancies, fewer abortions.

And for those cases where contraception failed or was not used, keep abortion legal and safe nationwide. The social costs are MUCH lower, and the objections are religously based. Those are two good reasons to keep government the hell out of the question (beyond regulating medical facilities to keep them operating safely), and keep abortion legal.

And bringing this all back around to Ron Paul, I am by no means convinced he will stick with his non-intrusive-government philosophy in this regard. It seems clear to me he would support outlawing of abortions, based on his religous beliefs.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The good old "racist, homophobic and anti-women's rights" card. This tactic has been used so well in the past to discredit and stifle debate, are RP supporters really that surprised such underhanded tactics would be used against him?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
Uh oh.

Those pesky newsletters keep coming back to haunt Ron Paul... and now this comes to light:

2012.talkingpointsmemo.com...

But people close to Paul’s operations said he was deeply involved in the company that produced the newsletters, Ron Paul & Associates, and closely monitored its operations, signing off on articles and speaking to staff members virtually every day.

“It was his newsletter, and it was under his name, so he always got to see the final product. . . . He would proof it,” said Renae Hathway, a former secretary in Paul’s company and a supporter of the Texas congressman.

Now in all fairness, no one can say if Ron Paul believed this stuff... however there WAS money to be made selling this sort of philosophy:

“A person involved in Paul’s businesses, who spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid criticizing a former employer, said Paul and his associates decided in the late 1980s to try to increase sales by making the newsletters more provocative,” the paper reports. “They discussed adding controversial material, including racial statements, to help the business, the person said.”

This is slightly different explanation than the one uncovered by Dave Weigel and the team at Reason back in 2008. Their reporting also found no evidence that Paul believed the stuff in his newsletters. But in their case, the story was that Paul was out to expand the libertarian base by going after the simmering white supremacist/militia/survivalist community.

I can't wait to read the colorful replies from the Paul zealots

blahblah blahbady blah. still not raining on my Ron Paul parade, nice try. he is the only candidate up there that sounds completely different than all the others, also the one that says stick to the issues facing the nation over and over annnd over when bs like this AND where the other candidates are getting money from. so what it comes down to is either you vote for 'more of the same' or you vote for someone who might actually care about what the people want.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by negativenihil

Regarding the Salon examples - NN, I didn't say some stupid proposals wouldn't be made (and I have to say I strongly doubt the Tennessee efforts will gain any significant traction, regardless), I said that the states would do some things wrong (but likely more things right), as well as learn their lessons more quickly and shift from stupid policies, etc.

OH PLEASE!

You have no idea. Do you live in Tennessee? We have two State House Representatives that actually proclaimed you can't get HIV from heterosexual behaviors! Yes, those proposals would gain traction. They'd love to just bust out a Bible and teach from that in biology class.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
She says "He knew all about those Newsletters"

Death blow charges for his campaign and even his hopes of forming a "Movement" as leader.

I doubt he will even make it to the Convention now, or even be allowed to speak there. He is proven to be a liar now, and used racism to make more money.

Tainted beyond repair.

Really? thats what you said the last time about Paul and you were wrong time and time again
i bet your a 100% War Monger 100% Newt fan.

He is proven to be a liar now, and used racism to make more money
Really Ron Paul is a liar? says who you? a 100% Newt Fan?

Death blow charges for his campaign and even his hopes of forming a "Movement" as leader
I hear there was a talk with Maine Gov and Ron Paul, expect great things from Ron Paul soon. and as for you no offense but your starting to be very annoying with your Nonsense and BS.

Which State did he win in these elections again?

Ya that's right, he lost in every State.

Goodbye.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

No...actually I'm from Oklahoma, which I'd imagine isn't a whole lot better. But, I still doubt the TEA party push for such a...pointless and fairly stupid...textbook policy would be able to make a very successful push for such - definitely not to any lasting effect once they catch enough bad press from it, and see nothing useful otherwise come to offset it. I know a lot won't want to hear it, but market forces will come into play, as they always must.

And I'm sorry about your state reps - it's certainly a ignorant position, but on the bright side it IS only two out of ninety-nine, right (ehhh...)?

Anyhow, none of that changes the fact that the federal DOE is an utter failure, by all my accounting anyway - I would much rather have some random pockets of temporary silly ideas cropping up than a nationwide deficiency in public education, and fair or not when thoroughly reviewed, that has corresponded well to the founding of the DOE.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Except they wouldn't be temporary. You give people the benefit of the doubt. I have learned from experience most people don't deserve that from you. Most residents of this state are fully in favor of banning evolution from schools. The DOE may be a failure but that doesn't mean the states will do any better. If fact, I wager out here in the conservative south they would do sensationally worse.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
Yeah, let me tell you everything you do online is monitored, everything you type. This chat right here, is on file.

Well, yeah....it's a public forum, so anyone is allowed to "monitor" it...big deal. If you don't want someone reading something of yours, then don't post it. Furthermore, do you truly believe that the federal government has the man power to read every post on every blog and every email and every chat, etc.? If so, you are one paranoid, delusional soul.

You're video taped 200+ times a day on average

Not in the privacy of my home. When I go out in public, perhaps a few cameras catch me, but again, big deal. So what? They are catching hundreds of millions of people doing mundane tasks as they go about their daily lives IN PUBLIC; you know, where privacy is limited. Remind me again, who has the manpower to review all this video footage on a daily basis? And by looking at said footage, how does that take away my civil liberties? I can see it now..."oh noes, I was video recorded entering my local grocery store...i feel so violated"

and now the law provides you MIGHT be detained without trail or right to an attorney.

Yeah, perhaps....if I were in a plot to commit a terrorist act or to overthrow the government. Makes sense. Good for me though, I'm never going to partake in either. To me, this is a non issue.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
When I look at the responses here, reasons why someone would not vote for a man bc of abortion, schools, gay rights, comments like ‘at least we are still here’, we still have some freedoms…it gives me pause. It’s about me me me me me. No mention of what we are doing in Libya, the genocide, rape, torture going on, committed by our troops, sanctioned by our government. At least he is bringing the troops home??? We were kicked out of Iraq bc we won’t agree to let our soldiers be held legally responsible in that country for murder, rape, genocide. Think Haditha. Not to mention the agreement was to pull the troops out by a deadline. The administration wanted to extend the deadline, and might have been successful if there was agreement that any criminal activity by our soldiers would be tried in Iraq courts. That troops are coming home is an illusion. We have sent more troops into Libya just recently…with more to follow. Troops are being sent all over Africa. Africa is the next frontier. In the name of democracy we are leading the charge for genocide of the most horrific proportions. But hey, as long as I have ‘some freedoms’ left, as long as I have ‘fill in the blank’. I don’t hold any politician to standards above what I hold myself to. I’ve told lies and I’ve covered them up. I’ve held beliefs that are bias, prejudiced, bigoted. I’ve made business decisions that I would not make now. That’s what growing older is all about…your ethics and ideas mature. Everyone unless they were raised in a vacuum is racist. When that hit me I was floored. I may outwardly abhor any kind of bigoted racist act but would I go walking down dark streets in an area where I am the minority…no, why, racism. My fear, is it founded, maybe, but maybe not. Doesn’t matter bc I realized I had a fear of some ones that were different. Then it extends to not only race but sub cultures within my own race…and I got to see my own bigotry. Not until I embraced my own bias could I even begin to deal with it. Racism, bigotry come from fear…plain and simple. We all have fear, its part of the duality of this density. The goal, for me anyway, is to exchange fear for love. When I am awakened to that love then what happens to children in Libya that have been stolen and sold on the black market, when black Libyans are being systematically exterminated, when women are being raped as a matter of course…then what happens to me becomes less important and what happens to ‘us’ becomes paramount. I don’t have to agree with everything Paul says, and I don’t. I don’t have to stand in righteous indignation that he told a lie and is trying to cover it up unless I have never done so myself. We judge in others what we have done. It’s not even that Obama has any power…he is doing what he is told. He is this enigma that has come out of nowhere with untraceable history…like some clone manufactured for the presidency. I have wondered is Paul a clone too…and best guess so far, no. He’s an ordinary man who has bias, just like me, but wants to end our wars of aggression and occupation, and end the fed. Do I think turning power back to the states will create some chaos initially over civil rights…sure. It’s going on anyway, just harder to do anything about it when decisions are centrally located. It’s such a mess here and letting the states sort it out is the only hope we have of cleaning things up. Yes, years of turmoil as the states do sort it out but at least at that level people have a fighting chance to do so. When I look at things like Antelope Valley CALIF, Agenda 21 and the parts Obama has signed into law by executive order, the plans to control the internet, it’s not hard to see the direction tbtb are steering things. Obama is just the puppet that is put in place so people have a way to direct their hate and dissatisfaction. He was never intended to be any other than such. Is Paul the real deal? I’ve asked those questions a lot. How would I really know for sure? He ‘seems like’ he is, flaws and all. Did he know more about the newsletters…maybe and maybe not. Is it possible that his ex secretary (and others) have been ‘persuaded’ to make their statements…I don’t discount the possibility. In this arena anything is possible. I didn’t say probable bc I don’t have enough information, but anything is possible particularly in this time when bearing false witness is rather common place for a variety of reasons naming just 2, personal gain or intimidation. None of that matters to me. What matters is it looks like our best chance to stop our war on innocent countries and the slaughter of their inhabitants is Paul. Then again if he is the real deal would he even be allowed to live is debatable. It ‘looks like’ Kennedy came into office with one mindset, had exposure to mind expanding substances and started changing and was taken out bc he could not be controlled any longer. Truth or fiction…again how would I know for sure?
edit on 28-1-2012 by arosebyanyothername because: minor changes

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
But I do recall when he came to office I saw one persona and then I saw ‘a change’. I was a teenager at the time, knowing nothing that I know now, but I saw the change and ‘wondered’. If Paul were elected and successful in implementing some of his domestic policies…sure it would create hardships for some (myself included), discrimination for some (myself included), and a fair amount changes in our life style, austerities, as we sort it all out. I would be on the short end of some of those changes. If my giving up of some of the things I have become accustomed to means it stops the murder of other people then what choice to I have? As long as I stand for me first and damn the rest then any freedoms I have left, which are few, I likewise deserve to lose. As long as I am concerned about my own skin more than I care about the suffering of peoples everywhere then I deserve to be controlled like the sheeple we have become.

I best guess that it will take something much bigger to rock ppl to their senses. Maybe a few nuke exchanges in the middle east, or a series of natural disasters that unleash radioactive elements to even greater proportions is what it will take. Maybe we’ll just blow up the planet…hard to say. We have lost touch with our humanity, not just here, but everywhere. Whatever it takes to put us in touch with that humanity I’m game…even if it means annihilation. In those last moments before annihilation many will remember who they really are…in heart not greed.

The good news is the global revolution that I’ve never seen the likes of. The Viet Nam protest was something of awe to experience. I thought a movement had started that would never end…but it did. Ppl went back to their little lives and pursued the American dream…more more more. When we invaded Iraq I thought surely now the last straw and a global rebellion…but nah. Yes, an initial rebellion but then back to life as usual. Regardless of who you think was responsible for 9/11 one thing we do know is it wasn’t Iraq. Even our government agrees on that point.

The world is being controlled by a banking cartel and the agenda is clear. Would I rather have a bigoted racist president who sees that danger or one who works for them? Would I rather see a worldwide reconstruction and reevaluation of our values or one that tosses little liberties to me like one would toss scraps to a starving chained creature? Would I rather share in the austerities we will all face (and could be transformed into new ways of amazing beauty) or make decisions on mitigating my austerities at the expense of my brothers and sisters globally? Would I rather have ‘less’ so my brothers and sisters can have ‘some’ or would I rather try to have more at the expense of them being stripped of all? Do I understand that all the fear of having less is propaganda and that there are solutions from brilliant minds that will bring a new level of living to us all?

One way or the other revolution is coming. The systems in place are imploding. One has only to even look at one tiny aspect, fractional banking, to understand the implosion eminent, but there are others. Because of the global revolution I’m seeing and the amazing tenacity of the Libyan ppl to keep reorganizing, resisting, while their water supply has been contaminated with DU, they live thru a cold winter without viable shelter, electricity, heat, food, water except in sporadic infusions, I see the spirit of our species to keep on going. I ‘believe’ that will be the case worldwide. In times of chaos and crisis the best come from our hearts and we see we are all connected. I don’t think it’s going to be as bad as we have been ‘lead’ to believe. I think we are constantly bombarded with stories of how stupid, wicked and generally dysfunctional we are so that we will in our fear cling to the systems that are disintegrating as we speak. But I have seen the human heart and I know the compassion that lies within us all. I believe that will prevail. If it doesn’t we should wrap it up anyway…because a world based on subjugation, oppression, slaughter is not something worth sustaining anyway and even if you take worth out of it…can’t sustain by the nature of the construct.

I wish that people would stop arguing and see how we are all connected. I wish people would see that as long as children anywhere (including here) go to bed hungry, are pawns in a pedophile black market, where hungry minds are fed an education designed to stupefy, their little bodies and water supplies are laced with substances that dull their senses and cause horrific disease, that those people would drop to their knees in sorrow and say omg, they are children, we must care for the children. Whatever it takes to bring that awareness I’m not only willing to go through but welcome.

The times they are a changing~

~is still a rose

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Except they wouldn't be temporary. You give people the benefit of the doubt. I have learned from experience most people don't deserve that from you. Most residents of this state are fully in favor of banning evolution from schools. The DOE may be a failure but that doesn't mean the states will do any better. If fact, I wager out here in the conservative south they would do sensationally worse.

We'll have to agree to disagree on it...I see no way such would last long (if) after various colleges/employers, etc. started requiring all such students to have additional courses, education, whatever to gain admittance due to their entrance requirements not being met by certain such limited educations.

We've seen very effective threats of the same previously regarding other states that honestly had much less offensive proposals (such as the Kansas science textbook matter) which caused a prompt change in course.

I'll admit, yes I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt likely more often than I should. But I also find most of my opinions to be vindicated by way of trial in the real world on a fairly regular basis.

Be well.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join