It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama should've kept his mouth shut!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by intrepid

He is very apt at comparing himself to Carter.

Bazinga!

Absolutely!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

once you forked the money over
it stopped being yours

Yeah, that is the issue. My money is stolen from my paycheck to give to others.

not that it ever really was

Um, yes, yes it is, since my work produced the agreed upon outcome, thus being paid for my time.

lol, if somebody mugs you, you don't dictate what the mugger spends the money on.

Great analogy.
The govt has mugged me. Funny, as I want the mugging to stop. You want me just to smile and hand it over I guess.

but hey, keep focusing on the forest and not seeing the trees, or those worse off than you, because of all the dumbing down, and dependency, all paid for with your taxes.

I see both.
I know throwing good money after bad does nothing but waste money.
The Govt can't even balance the books, how can it effectively provide for others then?
Oh wait, I forgot, that is not your concern, so long as when someone exclaims "What about the children!!!!", you expect everyone to turn their pockets inside out and hand over their money to the thieving Govt.

like i said before, stop fantasizing your taxes will go down if those programs are eliminated,
or that you'll be better off.

Yeah, because I won't do better with lower taxes.

Ok then, sure sure.
But, if eliminating one program will help balance a budget, and that is the best outcome, then so be it.

edit on 28-1-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Is this another tired old rant about social programs?

Because I think I've seen the same old song and dance over and over on here.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

1-Great analogy.
The govt has mugged me. Funny, as I want the mugging to stop. You want me just to smile and hand it over I guess.

2-I know throwing good money after bad does nothing but waste money.
The Govt can't even balance the books, how can it effectively provide for others then?
Oh wait, I forgot, that is not your concern, so long as when someone exclaims "What about the children!!!!", you expect everyone to turn their pockets inside out and hand over their money to the thieving Govt.

3-Yeah, because I won't do better with lower taxes.

Ok then, sure sure.
But, if eliminating one program will help balance a budget, and that is the best outcome, then so be it.

edit on 28-1-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

1- lol avoid the mugger, then you don't get mugged.
or did you miss my post on tax revolt

2- now you're presuming i'm a "liberal commie moocher" you're wrong
dependency is part of the new slavery, and i am self employed.

i did once apply for aid, my grandma spent her last 9 months in pain and delirium due to having suffered a series of strokes, the doctors put her on a homecare plan believing she only had a month left[grandma recovered every time the doctors gave her up for dead, except the last time of course] as her only caregiver for most of the day and night, and she couldn't be left alone for more than ten minutes.
i was refused, while people with cellphones, cars and bling [and more than 3 kids] weren't. to add insult to injury, it was hinted i should just let her die, so i could get on with my own life. to add salt to the wound SS is supposed to make a final payment to help cover funeral costs; i was told "oh, we don't do that any more" and hung up on.

They lied
www.socialsecuritylawattorney.com...

about a year later i was informed by a small article in the back pages of the news paper that the theft of thousands of people's SS funeral expenses was under investigation

it was never mentioned again.
anywhere.
i have just wasted an hour on google to find any reference: nothing just ordinary folks stealing, but NOT the GOV.

don't get me started on congresses benefits package

yet you're more concerned with welfare mothers
instead of the Real Criminals that looted SS, conspire to deny people benefits, and conspire to avoid putting back what was stolen, through the expedient of raising taxes[while lowering taxes for the rich and the Corps.].

you are not looking at the forest.
and you're just parroting somebodies talking points; which makes you sound like a greedhead, even if you aren't

3- i already told you: stop fooling yourself
you won't get any of that money back, it'll be channeled elsewhere

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

1- lol avoid the mugger, then you don't get mugged.
or did you miss my post on tax revolt

Yeah, avoiding taxes always works out.

2- now you're presuming i'm a "liberal commie moocher" you're wrong
dependency is part of the new slavery, and i am self employed.

Ok then.

i did once apply for aid, my grandma spent her last 9 months in pain and delirium due to having suffered a series of strokes, the doctors put her on a homecare plan believing she only had a month left[grandma recovered every time the doctors gave her up for dead, except the last time of course] as her only caregiver for most of the day and night, and she couldn't be left alone for more than ten minutes.
i was refused, while people with cellphones, cars and bling [and more than 3 kids] weren't. to add insult to injury, it was hinted i should just let her die, so i could get on with my own life. to add salt to the wound SS is supposed to make a final payment to help cover funeral costs; i was told "oh, we don't do that any more" and hung up on.

Lesson learned, don't count on the Govt for anything.

They lied
www.socialsecuritylawattorney.com...

about a year later i was informed by a small article in the back pages of the news paper that the theft of thousands of people's SS funeral expenses was under investigation

it was never mentioned again.
anywhere.
i have just wasted an hour on google to find any reference: nothing just ordinary folks stealing, but NOT the GOV.

Ok.

don't get me started on congresses benefits package

I agree

yet you're more concerned with welfare mothers
instead of the Real Criminals that looted SS, conspire to deny people benefits, and conspire to avoid putting back what was stolen, through the expedient of raising taxes[while lowering taxes for the rich and the Corps.].

Tired of my money being taken for all of the above.

you are not looking at the forest.
and you're just parroting somebodies talking points; which makes you sound like a greedhead, even if you aren't

Oh boo hoo.
Don't need talking points to see when wrong is wrong.

3- i already told you: stop fooling yourself
you won't get any of that money back, it'll be channeled elsewhere

Any I can stop from being taken is still my money.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by beezzer

Is this another tired old rant about social programs?

Because I think I've seen the same old song and dance over and over on here.

Yup. Same ol' song and dance. Only because the same social disfunctional policies are being enacted.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Social Security disability is cheap insurance for companies.

Yes companies.

Over the last 50 years many big companies have left millions of disabled worker without any protection except Social Security.

just look at the numbers of toxic sites left by manufactures and remember that all of them once had employees.

many toxic chemicals effect people while they worked at these companies but many did not until years later.

here is a list of toxic site left by just one company Kerr McGee. and this is less then 1 % of what the company did.
www.epa.gov...
www.weitzlux.com...
www.bizjournals.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.benzeneleukemialawblog.com...
mobile.bloomberg.com...

Kerr-McGee transferred about 2,800 polluted sites and liability for 70 years’ worth of pollution to Oklahoma City- based Tronox after moving its most valuable oil and gas assets to a new company that Anadarko acquired in 2006 for $18 billion,

This is just one company that did not protect its workers.

Just think how many worker Monsanto left disabled.

And now about 80% of people on SSDI are from on the job injuries or job caused illness.
And in many cases the government is covering up evidence the workers could use to sue there former employers

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ya know, I see an awful lot of pointing @ Obama for this food stamp thing.
Yes more Americans are receiving food stamps than they were 5 years ago. However, Obama does not dispense food stamps himself.

He took office with a tanking economy. An economy that was losing 750,000 jobs a month.
We all know Obama has not turned around the economy for the better. It has grown very very slowly. Too slow for anyone to accept with enthusiasm.

I know a lot of you loathe Bill Maher, but he put it perfectly.
"Calling Obama the food stamp president is exactly like calling Bush the planes flying into buildings president" (That's paraphrased, but you get the point).

As for him saying he makes mistakes and learns everyday, you've got to be kidding me. How dare he claim he's human and prone to mistakes.

Would you all really rather a man like Gingrich who suffers from narcissism and pycopathis behavior where they can do no wrong? Really? Obama is stating he is far from perfect and that he's a better president now than he was when he arrived. Everyone can say that about their job.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Ya know, I see an awful lot of pointing @ Obama for this food stamp thing.
Yes more Americans are receiving food stamps than they were 5 years ago. However, Obama does not dispense food stamps himself.

Of course not, he's president.

He took office with a tanking economy. An economy that was losing 750,000 jobs a month.
We all know Obama has not turned around the economy for the better. It has grown very very slowly. Too slow for anyone to accept with enthusiasm.

True.

I know a lot of you loathe Bill Maher, but he put it perfectly.
"Calling Obama the food stamp president is exactly like calling Bush the planes flying into buildings president" (That's paraphrased, but you get the point).

Wrong. Bush's policies didnot fly the plane into the buildings. Obama's policies do and did cause more pople to go on food stamps.

As for him saying he makes mistakes and learns everyday, you've got to be kidding me. How dare he claim he's human and prone to mistakes.

The job of president does not allow for OJT. This is what happens when you elect a junior senator to top office.

Would you all really rather a man like Gingrich who suffers from narcissism and pycopathis behavior where they can do no wrong? Really? Obama is stating he is far from perfect and that he's a better president now than he was when he arrived. Everyone can say that about their job.

I'm still on the fence as far as Gingrich and Romney and Paul. Again, the office of president does not allow for inexperienced people to step in and learn along the way. If you can't do the job right from day one, then you don't deserve to be there.

I remember this being the cheif complaint when Obama was first running.

It looks like the chickens are finally coming home to roost.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
How funny I am reading this. I been up all night with a case of insomnia. So I was watching Dr. Phil in the weee hours in the morning and he had on a show with kids who were adults now and still milking their parents for every dime they can get.

Anyway, Dr. Phil said something to the kids that floored me when he said it. I could not believe that such a high profile person said it, much less that it ever made it to air.

"Social Security is a Ponzi scheme. Your parents will not see a dime of that money"

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

your way [or the highway] has lead to the rise of tent cities through out the nation

My way?
You really have no clue.
The Govt meddling is the cause of tent cities.

I'm sorry, but that is the MOST ignorant thing I have read in a while.
In the 1930 America was loaded with tent cities post depression,
exactly because president Hover did nothing and wanted the government
to stay out of it.

All our bickering aside, you should really read up on it so you do not
walk around with these inaccurate ideas.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm starting to think all the Libertarians never left their farms that their parents left them and never lived in the real USA that 98% of us live in

edit on 1/28/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I'm starting to think all the Libertarians never left their farms that their parents left them and never lived in the real USA that 98% of us live in

I'm not sure what that has to do with failed policies of our current president.

Policies that have increased dependence on government.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by mastahunta

Really?

Then what the Hell is Obamacare?

Just another good idea ?

A Republican plan written by the Heritage Foundation. It was a great idea until that black Democrat tried to actually do it. I am not sure how it is bigger government but I am sure you have some answer from Rush Limbaugh devoid of any facts on it to give me given the obvious intellectual dishonesty in attempting to use it in such a way.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Still

A Republican plan written by the Heritage Foundation. It was a great idea until that black Democrat tried to actually do it. I am not sure how it is bigger government but I am sure you have some answer from Rush Limbaugh devoid of any facts on it to give me given the obvious intellectual dishonesty in attempting to use it in such a way.

Proof or hyperbole?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

I'm not sure what that has to do with failed policies of our current president.

Policies that have increased dependence on government.

People are more dependent on the government at this juncture because the last president
mis managed his policies such a mighty fashion. It is not magic, it is a product of results
that have yet to normalize. I am actually saying that just about ANY president would be in
the same situation, from a president Palin to a President Paul. You don't go virtually bankrupt
and expect to be rolling high several years later, that is not realistic.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Proof or hyperbole?

I do not understand your post. That is not a proper dichotomy. I have no idea if you are asking me for something or asking me if my post was something. Do you want proof or do you want hyperbole? Are you asking if that was proof or if it was hyperbole? I do not understand.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Still

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by mastahunta

Really?

Then what the Hell is Obamacare?

Just another good idea ?

Many people had plans to have UNIVERSAL healthcare. NO ONE rammed it down Americas THROAT.

Until Obama,did it.

Right?

BTW,I am sure I will see MORE Obamanites on ATS,as his constant campaigning kicks into HIGH GEAR.

Nice to meet ya!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There you go again beezer leaning so far right that your starting to make hitler look bad

Its ok for congress and the potus to give the ok for a 13.8 trillion dollar bail out with two different Potus's, but f the social security recieptiants

Then you subvert yourself in this thread to make it look like Obama is handing out charity, and he, and you are upset about it

Seriously man, 13 trillion could of gave every tax payer in the U.S. atleast $800,000 a piece, and i know you would not be pissed off at that kind of candy if it was handed to you. Hovever it wasn't and now you and Obama are upset that the banks probably should have received more, as it might have helped out this current Depression. WOW the ignorant ideologies that seperate ignorance from jail, is above me today

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Still

I'm asking for proof.

I'm assuming you were using hyperbole.

Apologies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join