It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

China Heading to The Moon in 2017, So Newt Says We Build a Colony There!

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Apparently Newt in pandering to Florida crowds for the upcoming GOP contest there declared we would start a lunar colony in 8 years after he is elected..In the meantime China will also be heading to the Moon in 2017..a new space race anyone? All crafted to boost the economy? Shouldn't be putting money in other places?

the-diplomat.com...




posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
Apparently Newt in pandering to Florida crowds for the upcoming GOP contest there declared we would start a lunar colony in 8 years after he is elected..In the meantime China will also be heading to the Moon in 2017..a new space race anyone? All crafted to boost the economy? Shouldn't be putting money in other places?

the-diplomat.com...


Do you Think Kennedy was pandering to Americans when he wanted to go into outer-space or send humans to the moon?

I'm getting tired of all this bs from some of you. I'm a tax payer and I'd like some of the taxes that I pay to go towards space exploration. It's the next step in mankinds journey and nasa's budget is a drop in the bucket compared to social spending. And I know that's exactly where you're going with this, why go to the moon when people are hungry and starving???? Your very shortsighted.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Wow, man who wants to be pres makes big promise.
ok if he gets this done i'll be very happy but don't beleive.
dave cameron promised he wouldn't touch education or pensions.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Is Earth even permitted on LUNA surface well regular Earth
WIth that is it a false promise or truth on China and the runner up?



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I cant believe anybody with a brain would think that space exploration is a waste of taxpayer dollars....



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303
 


I understand where you're coming from. There are vast Resources on the moon that could potentially Stimulate our economy. A lot of people complain that we have limited resources. OK that may be the case so why not get other resources from the moon and eventually other planets. The excuse of we don't have any money for space exploration is very poor. If that's the case than why do we have Money for Wars and Giving Foreign Aid?

If Propaganda didn't control around 95% of the population we would not only be on the moon by now but we might be on more than one planet and that's being conservative because an uncontrolled population would demand we use our resources in an efficient way to better not only ourselves but of mankind.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If we really want a moon base then let's let China go there and build one then we can buy it from them cheaper than we could do it ouselves. Of course that may not provide economic opportunity for our scientists and engineers but once we have the base we could open a Walmart store there and employ a few sales clerks.


edit on 27-1-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korvenus
reply to post by Fitch303
 


I understand where you're coming from. There are vast Resources on the moon that could potentially Stimulate our economy. A lot of people complain that we have limited resources. OK that may be the case so why not get other resources from the moon and eventually other planets. The excuse of we don't have any money for space exploration is very poor. If that's the case than why do we have Money for Wars and Giving Foreign Aid?

If Propaganda didn't control around 95% of the population we would not only be on the moon by now but we might be on more than one planet and that's being conservative because an uncontrolled population would demand we use our resources in an efficient way to better not only ourselves but of mankind.


Yeah the moon has resources and if we can extract them that's great. To me it's not even about that, it's the journey. Getting on the moon won't benefit mankind, it's the tech. we develop to get there that matters. This country has no goals, were literally just sitting around. We need a direction, something to look forward to! I wish we spent half our military budget on NASA, just think about the possibilities........



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
I cant believe anybody with a brain would think that space exploration is a waste of taxpayer dollars....


But what if its already being done and this is just more sheeple control method. I feel they already got things running up there more then shared but its kept quiet. ALSO consider the potential space navy. They already have everything in control again this is a mind control method potentially by runner up and China.
edit on 1/27/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


What other reason would we have gone into space if not because of competition between governments? That we want to compete with China is a good thing. This is why space exploration should be open to private enterprises, because then there would be more incentive, more competition, more reasons to go into space then just on the whim that it be advantageous to our species to migrate to new worlds. I dont know why we even allow China and Russia access to the Moon. Its U.S. property
It belongs to the whole Earth about as much as every nation on it. We were there first, its U.S. territory and we should tell China to kiss that dream goodbye.

Even with the economy in the pits, space exploration should always, always, always go up and up and up and up and up and up. Our survivability depends on it. What if tomorrow Yellowstone erupts? Wouldnt it have been nice if we could go somewhere else to enjoy the show go on with us and not witness it go on without us?



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Now all we have to do is have china make all the parts for us and we will beat them there.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Can we give Newt a spacesuit and some tools and shoot up there now to get started?

Just a thought.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
All crafted to boost the economy? Shouldn't be putting money in other places?

the-diplomat.com...


Do you have any idea how many Jobs would be created for a project like this?



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF
 


Imagine how much cheaper it would have been to establish a base 40 years ago


Go space exploration, just don't let Branson in on the deal please.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, until we build some workable, stable fusion reactors, there's no real practical reason for us to make a manned trip back to the Moon. And even then we can do most of the work remotely with robots. Either way, the economic justification for a large lunar program is pretty slim.


But justifying it as a politician and a Republican, if the damned Commies are going to build an outpost there, then we better get one up there, too, to stop them from stealing all the Helium 3 and threatening America and the Flag and Jesus and hup bup bup! And if it happens to keep a lot of our scientists on the white collar welfare teat while we're at it, all the better!



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
Even with the economy in the pits, space exploration should always, always, always go up and up and up and up and up and up. Our survivability depends on it.

I beg to differ. We're not going to survive, no matter what. With strained Earth resources, genetic manipulation, and the rise of intelligent machines, humanity in its current form will be lucky if it makes it another 1,000 years. That's not a very long time. And loading everybody into rockets is not a realistic solution.

Doom. It's what's for dinner.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
Shouldn't be putting money in other places?

Like where? At least with a space program we can pretend to be doing something constructive while we're giving overpaid engineers and scientists tax money. Not like pumping money into social programs where the only thing we get out of it is more children who eventually grow up to be unemployed.

I sort of like the idea of rebuilding the infrastructure of the U.S., though. I have a tough time finding the downside to that, other than in the past it generally ended up increasing the division of wealth between the rich and the poor. But hey, the rich get richer, right?

Still, it doesn't matter where the money goes as long as it generates jobs and gives people something to do. Space is as good as anyplace. We could also build huge pyramids. That's what the Egyptians did. It's all just a big scam.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
And if it happens to keep a lot of our scientists on the white collar welfare teat while we're at it, all the better!
I wish they'd do more of that in the UK.


Seriously though, if China try it, then suddenly it will be on the agenda again. The US have never beenable to help themselves. I just hope they don't pretend they are trying like the Soviets did to get the (in best Russian accent) "foolish capitalists" to waste all their dollars.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift
 


Who said I want to load people into rockets? lol. Thats a ridiculously stupid idea. I am 100% for space exploration and funding it as much as possible. I know full well too many catastrophes can befall a single planet to think like an idiot and ignore funding technology that will be used to get our species off of this miserable rock. Yellowstone for starters, global warming, Muslims, it goes on and on.



posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
Wow, man who wants to be pres makes big promise.
ok if he gets this done i'll be very happy but don't beleive.
dave cameron promised he wouldn't touch education or pensions.


All he asks in return is 8 years as POTUS.
Seems legit...



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join