It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XCOM for Xbox 360

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don't know how many, if any of you have played X-COM UFO Defense, but I spent a large amount of time playing this when I was in the Navy and out to sea. I hope that they can keep the original feel to the game but make it better. I am looking forward to this coming out, but I am leery that what I remember and loved about the game may not be passed on in this re-imagining.

There are 2 XCOM genre games coming out, but each is decidedly different from the other. My interest lies in the turn based game, with the base building and research options.

What are your thoughts?

Game Informer

edit on 27-1-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hmm, I remember playing this until the wee hours on my Amiga.

Wonder if they`ll do a PS3 version?

Or maybe bring Elite back?

Full of retro goodness

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by scepticalpuppy

Yes Firaxis/2K Games will be releasing it on Xbox 360/ PS 3/ PC.

I have the original on the PS1 but the control were to clunky compared to the PC version of it. I hope they can stream line it to work better on a console.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
X-Com Terror from the Deep is one of my all-time favourite oldy games.

I never did care for any of the other titles in the series though. I hope the remake of TFD doesn't stray from the original.

I think I might just play some TFD now that you have jogged it up in my memory.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i love x-com.
building enough store rooms to bring back all the goodies from destroying an alien base was fun.
i've seen a trailer for a new xcom on the xbox a while ago and it looked aweful but it was early days.
like so many classics that have been destroyed by the new generation, i hope this avoids that trend and kicks ass like it should.
anyone know where i can get a copy of the old xcom ufo.
got pocket ufo but its buggy and i cant use grenades.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Steam has X-Com TFTD for $4.00. Or if you know how to use dos box you can download it for free. I never can get that damn dos box to work.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Never played an X-com game but this interests me highly.
I read awhile ago about being able to do autopsies and collecting their tech from the battlefield.
I think the article I was reading was questioning wether they'd put the autopsies back in, so it's a bit unknown unless there has been something said recently.

But yeah I want to try this game, looks right up my street.

new topics

top topics

join