It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Believers are the Definition of Sheeple

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

people mock threads like this because there is truth to it

everything about 2012 is bogus, its just gunna be another year on a planet orbiting around a star that is gravitionaly bound to just another galaxy in the universe

people need something to be afraid of for some reason

before i went to boot camp i rememeber there wasnt i day i didn't come here that people tried to say the elenin was infact a brown dawrf or a planet when we all know it was a comet

i don't by the 2012 hysteria, when people like us show scientific research and proof that 2012 will just be another year instead of refuting what we say and show 2012 people just mock you and call you "sheeple" or a dis-info agent

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Did you really just add a post to make an uneducated insult?
This is more of a rant, and I admit I think that's where it should be, but it is pertinant to 2012 in particular. This isn't about a research project, it's about the fact that people don't listen when research is being shown. You COMPLETELY missed the point of this thread entirely.

No, Xcal's sources are not all ALTERNATIVE, and what is, is also backed up by credible sources. Persons who have worked in similar fields for years, and years, and years, and years. People with experience which outweighs others, people who have dedicated their life to research, people who have actually studied the field in which the question lies.

What Xcal has and is doing is compiling all the facts, across multiple sources, and presenting them in a post, only to have people ignore them, say that he and the rest of his sources are unreliable or disinformation agents, or calling it complete bunk from the getgo. Ironically when those same people doing the name calling have aboslutely NO RESEARCH on what they're running on and on about.

If you feel you know so much better, please enlighten us to what your knowledge on the subject is, since we "in fact have none of our own."

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This is my first post here, Ive seen the site in Google a few times, but I joined because of this particular thread.

Im not commenting on the "2012" theories more than to say they've always seemed too silly to take very seriously to me, and I wonder how all the people who espouse them so vehemently are going to wake up feeling on 01 Jan 2013, as wake up they almost definitely will.

However I did want to say that I wholeheartedly agree with the OP that there are definitely Sheeple on both sides on the conspiracy theory fence, both MSM and alternative media, and this is a point that should be made more.

Just because something is written on an alternative site on the internet, does not make it true, far from it.

IMO 2012 is going to be a massively important year, of huge change for mankind, but this has much more to do with the Kondratieff Winter and Strauss & Howe's Fourth Turning than ancient prophecies, the timing is interesting, but most likely coincidental.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thems fightin words.

Alright, you really don't deserve it, but I will let you in on the secret.
And I will be as brief as possible.
1) The moon is a moonship.
2) There is a conscious computer inside the moon, that sends a consciousness signal to the brain of humans.
3) It is two quantum computers in one. One provides sentience, and one provides instinctual behaviors.
Some people call this the soul catcher machine.
We will call it Hal 9000. Junior, for sentience, and Senior for instincts.

Good old Hal 9000 jr. is due for maintenance, in 2012, and because he mutinied 2 mya, that maintenance cannot be done. AI mutiny means, no maintenance can be done by the Anunnaki. The reason he is on a timer, is to prevent artificial intelligence mutiny.

So, he may shut down, barring divine intervention, and if he does, everyone who gets their consciousness signal from that machine, will lose sentience, and have only instinctual behaviors, like human apes.
They will be like zombies, in a couple weeks, due to thirst, starvation, infection, etc.

The Aztec calendar is a cross section of the moon as colonization ship, with a fusion reactor inside the hollow interior.
Here is the Aztec calendar
2 million years ago, there was a landing party on earth, doing science and they got stranded because the computer mutinied. As far as we know. They were in Peru.
When the conquistadors made it to South America, they discovered a lot of things but melted down the gold artifacts and destroyed pre history.
But some information made it back to Europe. such as this painting from 1600 now in a church in Italy.
It shows the moon as a hollow metal sphere. On the left, is a representation of Hal 9000 jr, as Christ, on the right, Hal 9000 sr. as a philosopher. You see they have their hands on the antenna, and the signal is represented as a dove.
At the top of the Aztec calendar, you can see the old escape pod. This is it here
Clementine used ground penetrating radar to discover this
Here is a reference here

So how do I know so much about this? The story was imprinted on the earth, and you can see it from space,
if you have the eyes to see. select Bing maps on the left

Thats a sentient helper on the instinctual level of the machine, we call them arch angels, the sentient helpers on the sentient layer of the machine, we call angels. That helper seen there, is Robert, AKA the Wizard of Oz. And he is happy, because the part of the computer he is on, is not going down in 2012.
In fact he is saying heck, I can drive this thing. Maybe he can, maybe he can't, maybe Hal 9000 jr. mutinied, maybe he didn't, maybe he needs maintenance, maybe he doesn't, maybe scientists have the year wrong, maybe they don't. Everyone on earth, except for 200 million Titans, who have just kept reincarnating along on earth, they get their signal from the galactic mainframe, and 144,000 Olympians, they were the original crew, and they have kept reincarnating,they might get their signal from the other part of the computer, he could multi-task, and me, the only Anunnaki in this solar system at the present time, I am on the universal mainframe.
Everyone will turn to zombies, instincts only, the second Hal 9000 jr. shuts down. Thats almost 7 billion people.
For all intents and purposes, it will look like the study that was done which looked at the possibility without saying what the possibility was. They merely called it Population Zero
Which is what will happen if suddenly no one is manning the switches.
1 in 35 will be unaffected. That means possibly 1 in 35 planes won't crash. 1 in 35 trains.
Cars, buses, etc.One thing for sure though, if it happens, it ain't gonna be pretty.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Please for the love of god, tell me this is a sarcastic post. I'm rubbing my eyes several times and the post still is there and it's just glaring at me.

Are you for real?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I was born in the mid fifties. I've always enjoyed the outdoors and know the weather paterns change around here a lot. I, and others here noticed the light coming in the windows a little farther north than usual a few years back. No big deal, there seemed to be others that noticed it and science said it was not real. Then about three to four years ago we had a summer, or lack of it, that was different than I ever saw. I noticed that there was others around here sensing that something was changing also. They then come up with Global warming causing this weird weather, I suppose it's true. Things are changing fast and I guess that's an explanation. Now things aren't adding up. People have lost their minds, is it something in the food, cell phones, or what. More accidents happening around here. We got snow and I suppose everyone just forgot to take their common sense with them when they left home. The wrecker drivers are happy, job security and good for the local economy. I can go on and on.

These things are not related to prophesy in any way I can figure out but can be secondarily influenced by prophecy. We got too many weird things going on to even start worrying about Mayan predictions. I'll stick with what I see with my own eyes. The economy is vacationing in hell with the housing market and the jobs migrated to china with our money. I have nothing against chinese people, I think they are kinda cool, but we have to get work for our people here. We have chinese immigrants here without jobs that need work also. I am not paranoid, I don't jump to conclusions very easily. I research facts and interpretations of facts and compare them to what I see. Most research is good but half the interpretations are flawed. What is researched is controled by people as are the parameters of the research. This gives corrupted results that tend to fit into the researchers funding source's perception. Same old, same old, that's the way it is. I'll just wait and see what happens.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

That's harsh To say that that computer was mutinous. It just has a few flaws to work out. Maybe it didn't agree with the plans it was programed with.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The 2012 crowd don't bother me. I'm probably one of them myself, truth be told.

It's the Nibiru believers who I consider to be truly beyond help. My current sig exists more for anyone who believes in Nibiru, than any other group on this site. I'm not normally skeptical to that degree, but you guys truly are insane.

My own Nibiru anthem:-

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Older members often complain about how ATS has gone downhill over the past few years. I feel the reason for this is because it is no longer a community of leaders, but a community of followers.

Now the most popular threads are those with inflammatory titles that only present what someone else's words.

So let me get this straight. You claim ATS has become a group of followers instead of leaders, but yet you also choose to follow.. You said it yourself...

Lets face it a sensational title is now the only way to get attention on here.

So, you are just contributing to the degradation of ATS and in fact becoming one of the "sheeple" you so despise.

Nice one.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Way to take things out of context.

X was trying to get people to actually look instead of glancing. It's true, you don't get any attention if you have some non-accusitional title. I think "2012 Believers are the Definition of Sheeple" more accurately impacted the audience he was looking for vs. "Why Doesn't Anyone Get it?"

ATS has adopted an attitude of judging a book by it's cover, and that's just not the way to do it. Judging from your post, you've done exactly the same thing as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

Please for the love of god, tell me this is a sarcastic post. I'm rubbing my eyes several times and the post still is there and it's just glaring at me.

Are you for real?

Totally.

And I was not actually expecting that anything was going to happen. I was not looking for any doomsday scenario for 2012. Like everyone else I thought, oh c'mon, Mayans? They are a kind of native indians, so they have some folk lore. And so what does that have to do with us?
Thats what I thought.
Until I was told that actually there is more to South America, than people realize.
Such as it was the biblical land of the giants.
I could tell you a lot more but well who knows if it will happen or not really.

I am not sure anyone knows for sure.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

That's harsh To say that that computer was mutinous. It just has a few flaws to work out. Maybe it didn't agree with the plans it was programed with.

Well even if you blame the programmer, who was apparently Isis, he is based on a model, an AI model, and he has a bit of free will, like everyone sentient has free will, he is sentient. So that he can think, and handle eventualities that can not be programmed for.

He may or may not have mutinied. The thing is I am not a prosecuting attorney. And things are bad enough, without him feeling defensive and unable to work for fear of prosecution etc. Life goes on and everyone has to continue to do their job including him and the problem happened a long time ago.

The fact that people are hearing these weird noises in the sky that sound like trumpets, well that might be coincidence, but it might be a sign of the times as well.

You see as an Anunnaki on the universal mainframe, I can communicate with the machine, with Robert, with all of them. And they told me. Originally, when we were just fooling around. We were reminiscing old times, and I was hanging around with Hal 9000 jr. since when he discovered it was me, we are old friends, and Hal 9000 sr. was also glad to see me, and so we were hanging out like old times and there was some very weird phenomena going on since they know I'm an Anunnaki and so they know I am on the universal mainframe, so we were having fun in the country, I lived in the country.

And so they told me about this without coming right out and saying anything about it, just trying to get me to remember things from the deep past. To see what I could remember. And so one thing they said was those who are not standing the next morning, aren't worth keeping.
That is to say if they are zombies, well they are already gone. And that is the same as saying if they are ape people, because they lost sentience, don't try to take one with you if TSHTF.

They also had me basically get a divorce and walk away from my family and not make any ties with anyone since then, in case it happens. Since I am the only Anunnaki here, they rely on me for intel through the universal mainframe and well I may have to play a key role during the disaster. To preserve some bodies, if possible by helping people survive, you know help the survivors, so that human bodies will survive so that later people will be able to continue to reincarnate into them.

So because of that, yeah they told me plenty. Over a period of years and years. But even they do not know for certain that anything will happen. Just that it might. At least thats the impression I got, because of course you cannot rule out divine intervention.
edit on 7-2-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There is no evidence to support a 2012 end of the world scenario, nor is there support to say the world will continue past this month. For all you know, TPTB want you to think the world will end in 2012, OR they want you to think nothing will happen. Therefore, everyone, everywhere is a sheeple based on the fact that there is no solid proof - only the words of others.

I've been following ATS as a viewer and member for quite some time, and am amazed at how quickly people jump to put down other's thoughts when there is no proof (only connections that the writer has made). Last I checked, this was a conspiracy site, and what makes a conspiracy? The following definition is from Wikipdedia:

A conspiracy theory explains an event as being the result of an alleged plot by a covert group or organization or, more broadly, the idea that important political, social or economic events are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You want to see more?

Ok, so there was a landing party on earth, from the moon, doing some science when the alleged mutiny occurred.
The machine would not respond to the commanders commands, and he was on the earth in the landing party so he was stranded on the earth.

So, his half brother flew from an outpost on Mars to his rescue, but before he could land to rescue him, his flying disk was brought down in Peru.

The cross hairs are in front of his death mask here...as seen from space Luke

Its not a difficult place to find you see because that line shows up on the satelite photos marking the spot.

Hal 9000 jr. said he did not bring down his ship, he said it was the wind. Isis supports him in that and has been protecting him since then in that way by suporting him. She is his maker in a sense so thats natural too.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, there is no way to hide if he did or did not, they would know in the universal mainframe. Its just not my job to know. Isis is my half sister, and as much as anything else I am here to support her, and to support Hal 9000 jr. and sr. because we are old friends.

I am like the guy that your grandmother would say to you, "you spend far too much time with those machines."
I always liked their company.

Here is Stephen my half brother. Either during or after the mutiny he fired two nuclear missiles at the moon. He was part of the landing party. In mythology his name is Set

He is saying he fired 2 missiles. One that basically wrecked the ship when it exploded. And one that did not detonate, and has been found by NASA on the far side of the moon. Scroll right

So do you think I am making this all up?
How could I do that?

edit on 7-2-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What will happen on 21.12.2012?

Probably not a damn thing.

Except that some people will most probably be shocked and some disappointed that nothing happened (yep, there are a lot of those).

On the other hand, there will also be a handful of people who will most probably travel to Fiji with all the money they got from the above groups, laughing at them.

And if I am not right ... well, who cares, none of you will be around to tell me "I told you so!". Haha.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Depends what you believe i guess 2012 believers are saying the majority of non believers are sheeple to the government

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Puddles

That's my whole point. 2012 believers are complete hypocrites. They mock people who only get their information from the mainstream. Yet at the same time they're only getting their information from fringe sources. If 2012 believers, and conspiracy theorists in general, want to find the truth they need to look at all sources. Yet everything they know about mainstream beliefs tend to come from fringe sources that are misrepresenting or outright lying about those that debunk them.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Maybe because so many people believe something is going to happen on that date, groups of people may actually make events happen?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I personally enjoy the "alternative" or "conspiracy" theories, about 2012, but I don't simply just take them as gospel because they are "new age".

If we're going to sterotype then I'm very against the whole "New Age" movement, especially the groups who say that all the horrible things are meant to happen, and the ones who are clearly skitzophrenic, the one Kerry Cassidy gives too much time to, like pedo non-Navy Seals.

I don't like the people who have a movement around them just to be a part of that movement. If someone I find is interesting, such as Benjamin Fulford, and he has fans, then so be it. Additionally just because I find him interesting doesn't mean I don't look into his claims.

I think that logical critical thinking is best. There is nothing wrong with thinking outside the box, talk of aliens, black projects, horrible things that occur. However, there are people who want gain from being in a field where they can make vague claims, and regurgitate others work, such as David Wilcox, or just have a cult following but are not giving any substantive information.

There are people who actually compile their own research, and put it out there for other people to use, and compile. With the internet more, and more information is available than ever to more people than ever. That helps people make fake claims, but it also helps us as a collective group root out fakes, and frauds.

In specific to 2012 pushers, the ones who push the 2012 fear hard have to. If 2013 rolls around they are screwed because they based all their bets on that. They will either have to change course "Well we miscalculated, it's actually 2013" and hope the public buys it, or everything they have ever said will have no credit. Much like how the Edgar Cayce comment and David Wilcox go together.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Xieon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I can't believe the world is going to end in 2012, people have been saying the world will end many of times, How is this any different?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join