It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocaine seized at UN headquarters in New York

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk

A bag containing 16kg (35.5lb) of coc aine was found at the United Nations headquarters in New York last week, police have said.

The drugs were in a bag printed with a version of the UN symbol which arrived at the organisation's mailroom, setting off a security alert.

Spokesman Paul Browne said they seemed to have been delivered by accident.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-1-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

Daily Mail

Heres another link with a picture. and another nice little quote;

This did not come from a United Nations facility,’ Starr said of the shipment. ‘It was not, in my opinion, not intended to go to a United Nations facility.’ Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

So a UN sack replica, with a UN logo, and it was not meant to be delivered to the UN? Ok, sure....
edit on 27-1-2012 by Trolloks because: Add extra link

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So, what does ATS think about this one? I did find this last night and posted it up, however it was removed (don't know why). It was on the BBC News website last night, but not on the front page no more, is it being swept under?
I don't know what to make of it, but with an amount such as 16KG, it seems hard to believe that it was just an accident.
Anyone have any idea what this could be linked with?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
only somebody with a lot of money (or coc aine) could do this. theres no accident here...somebody is trying to send a message...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
They probably have a late night meeting scheduled with the wall street guys, failing that maybe this is the new preferred CIA method.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
it's shouldn't come as a surprise that the UN along with several governments are some of the largest drug suppliers in the world. why else would they be illegal?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Considering that it's the UN .. and considering how it's a corrupt cesspool .. that coc aine could have been just about anyones. It easily could be part of a drug traffic thing going through people at the UN .. or perhaps it was a payoff to a UN member. We'll never know.

Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What got me thinking is that the shipment was from Mexico City, and I'm guessing that most of the people know the connection between the CIA and coc aine smuggling from Mexico. A message is also something I would see quite fitting, have the CIA gone back on a deal maybe to the drug traffickers? Im going to search the net a little more and try and gather other sources, this is quite a big story yet it's being swept under quite quickly.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
That's roughly about $400,000 worth...I doubt someone did that to send a message. I'm thinking botched transaction somehow..
edit on 27-1-2012 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The other 2 or 3 threads on this from yesterday got 404'd so this may not have much time.

My thoughts:

Some cartel thought this would make a statement that they can't be stopped and did it for a "prank".

The large cartels could easily afford it.
edit on 1/27/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've added an extra link from the Daily Mail (as much as I hate reading that paper) that has a picture of the sacks.

That was one of my thoughts also, it could be a message from the cartels, i mean 400k to them is not much, and could be a message along the lines off "we could loose $400,000 worth of drugs for one message to you, and it wouldn't even be a dent in our wallets", as money = power in this world, so flexing their muscles somewhat?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If it isn't a message it might just be that the guys at the UN party hard. Really, really hard

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If there was no addresses punched onto the bag...how are they so positive that it came from mexico?

Is that some kind of profiled/racist supposition or did someone slip in the interview?

From Dailymail:

there was no name or address on the shipment sent from Mexico City through Cincinnati.

From BBC:

There was no name or address on the shipment sent from Mexico City through Cincinnati, he added.

I didn't see any postmarks on those pics...I R Confused now.
edit on 27-1-2012 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by clowdstalker

If there was no addresses punched onto the bag...how are they so positive that it came from mexico?

I would assume that since all coc aine is different in some way, you could probably trace it to a general area.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A reminder:

Just to clarify...

This will be strictly enforced.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Tell the CIA to stop selling crack to the blacks!!!

CIA Funds drug cartels, why would it be surprising to you guys the UN is in on it all also! I mean duh, they have to have been.

CIA is what promotes homeland chaos, the chaos is what allows bureaucrats to remain in control! TYRANTS.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
According to the NY Times,

Authentic pouches have the words “United Nations” and “Diplomatic Mail” printed on the outside, as well as the body’s logo. But these cheap cotton bags had only the logo. There was no wording, no address, no manifest, no airway bill. They had been delivered from Mexico by the courier company DHL, according to diplomats who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the seizure.

These bags only had the logo. That's why they were seized.

Normally, Official UN bags have diplomatic immunity are are not allowed to be searched or seized. I couldn't find an actual bag image to post. Just the fake ones.

It isn't uncommon for "diplomatic bags or pouches" to be used for other than lawful things.

Violations

Some countries with corrupt governments have allegedly used diplomatic immunity to smuggle drugs, which was mentioned by English journalist Tony Thompson in his book Gangs: A Journey into the Heart of the British Underworld.

During World War II, Winston Churchill reportedly received shipments of Cuban cigars by this means.

In 1964, a Moroccan-born Israeli double agent named Mordechai Ben Masoud Louk (also known as Josef Dahan) was drugged, bound, and placed in a diplomatic bag at the Egyptian Embassy in Rome, but was rescued by the Italians. The crate that he had been placed in appeared to have been used for a similar purpose before, possibly for an Egyptian military official who had defected to Italy several years before but then disappeared without a trace before reappearing under Egyptian custody and facing trial.

During the 1982 Falklands War, the Argentine government used a diplomatic bag to smuggle several Limpet mines to their embassy in Spain, to be used in the covert Operation Algeciras, in which Argentine agents were to blow up a British warship in the Royal Navy Dockyard at Gibraltar. The plot was uncovered and stopped by the Spanish Police before the explosives could be set.

In the 1984 Dikko Affair, a former Nigerian government minister, was kidnapped and placed in a shipping crate, in an attempt to transport him from the United Kingdom back to Nigeria for trial. However, it was not marked as a diplomatic bag, which allowed British customs to open it.

In 1984, the Sterling submachine gun used to shoot dead WPC Yvonne Fletcher from inside the Libyan Embassy in London was smuggled out of the UK in one of 21 diplomatic bags.

In March 2000 Zimbabwe created an international incident when it opened a British diplomatic shipment

Small snippet from Wikipedia on prior known violations of using diplomatic pouches or couriers for this type of thing. These were poorly made, and from what I've read they almost had to have been fake. Not Official UN bags. Since they didn't have the full UN wording and diplomatic mail on them.

I would still suspect someone at the UN...probably a low level worker or someone with ties to a low level worker was involved. I highly doubt a full country was involved in this smuggling. It's too amateurish.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
On the other hand though...if these had turned out to be NOT fake...someone at the inspection service is gonna be in a lot of trouble. It doesn't matter what was found in them, cause if they were real, the NYPD and DEA who opened them were violating international law!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Maybe someone high up was worried about their secet connections to sell so they thru the wrench in the mix to alert those who can cause them issues that they are connected with them and to stand off. amazing how the 6degrees of seperation works on a global scale. Many already know the rule makers are some of the BIGGEST RULE BREAKERS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join