It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Judge Doesn't Rule, Secretary of State Doesn't Agree - Obama NOT off

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

I see you ignored my post completely.

The WPR gives the President MORE not LESS power to wage war without Congress.

It is almost universally seen as ambiguous and has only once been evoked since it was passed.

It's great that you keep posting it, or the snippets you choose to post, but that doesn't actually change reality.

If Obama vs the WPR is all you got, then you got nothing.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

For someone that goes on and on about my reading comprehension without understanding the meaning of it, you sure seem to have missed a lot of what I actually said and just made up things you think I said. I think you still have time to read my posts again, slowly or have someone help you and respond in a manner that makes sense for someone who can actually comprehend what they read. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Wrong.

The NDAA is also unconstitutional and essentially takes away the entire Bill of Rights. I'm sure you will find a way to attempt to justify that as well by your usual "Well OBAMA says it's okay so it is!"

I think someone here has an agenda

Any decent freedom loving American with an ounce of gray matter wouldn't agree with anything Obama is/has been doing.
edit on 29-1-2012 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Still

I replied to each sentence of your post

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Well "captainnotsoobvious" - you're definitely obvious.
And "Still" (Shill)

I enjoy your play on words. However now that I see what you're here for, I no longer find the need to reply and defend my position. It's been fun! Enjoy starring yourself up!

25 rules of disinformation

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Nice argument.

[rolls eyes]

Before the War Powers Resolution the President had to get Congressional authority to attack another country. After it he had up to 90 days to fight a war without explaining to Congress wassup.

Which situation gives the President more freedom?

In addition the word "hostilities" isn't properly defined and has been repeatedly quibbled over, the size of the force involved also defines whether the action is legal, but the actual definition of the size of the conflict necessary to break the law is undefined.

On top of all of that the Obama administration DID meet with Congress on Numerous occasions prior to its actions in Libya. Remember, all the WPR says is that the President has the president 'shall submit within 48 hours to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and to the President pro tempore of the Senate” a report explaining any military action taken without a vote in Congress.'

It says nothing about the President needing the Congress' approval before launching a conflict.

You honestly have no idea what the WPR says, how it's been interpreted legally, for 30+ years and therefore it's a pretty extreme stretch to think you'd be a good judge on whether or not Obama personally could be impeached because of it.

I assume you'll come back with another completely cogent response like: "wrong".

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Try giving yourself a star and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Obv you can't from your account

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

[rolls eyes again]

The thing about you is that you just spout rhetoric with no mention of reality.

As I have previously and repeatedly stated I don't support Obama (except as an alternative to the GOP).

I assume you support Ron Paul, another person that endlessly blathers on about things being unconstitutional without acknowledging that the Constitution is living document which is constantly being refined and "explained" by the courts, as was the founders' intent.

Honestly, considering your whole approach to this, ignoring reality, being insulting, expressing "opinions" that you claim to be fact, even though they are at best fringe, well, it's pretty obvious you're someone that wants to project a reality that realists know is false, at best, and a bit self-deluding/delusional at worse.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Ahh so you're also paranoid.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Paranoid? I find it quite comical

Like I said - I no longer feel the need to defend my position. You win the forum war, congratulations!
Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Paranoid, yes, because you claim, with no evidence as none exists, that I have multiple accounts and am starring my own posts.

You have permission, in fact, please, contact the mods, they could certainly tell you if the stars for my posts are coming from the same ISP, IP, country, etc.

But sure, like all your other posts you simply say something quite at odds with reality then when you're called on it pretend it's reasonable...

Or, in this case, when called on your paranoia, you act as if you're above it all... a convenient way to avoid having to justify your behavior.

Paranoid and delusional and self-important ... and childish.

Great combo.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

You're still going?

ETA: You may be right as I see you're probaby not American (you said behaviour a few posts back. never saw an American type like that), but this "Still" dude has an obvious agenda and I no loner feel like arguing.

Later

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

I'm a US expat. I, at this point, spell things both ways... my spell check is also set to UK English as most of the people I interact with use these spellings.

So yeah, I'm America.

Just spell both ways.
edit on 29-1-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by r3axion

Paranoid, yes, because you claim, with no evidence as none exists, that I have multiple accounts and am starring my own posts.

You have permission, in fact, please, contact the mods, they could certainly tell you if the stars for my posts are coming from the same ISP, IP, country, etc.

But sure, like all your other posts you simply say something quite at odds with reality then when you're called on it pretend it's reasonable...

Or, in this case, when called on your paranoia, you act as if you're above it all... a convenient way to avoid having to justify your behavior.

Paranoid and delusional and self-important ... and childish.

Great combo.

You are aware that you can use proxy sites, that change your IP address as well as your host country right? I'm not agreeing with the other guy, but asking some I.E a mod to check the IP address won't solve any thing. As I don't even trust the mods on this site. I like this site but the mods are touchy and most of the time heavy handed.

Most won't even admit they are wrong even with proof shoved in there faces, must like most of the people here on this site.

( On topic)

Seems odd that the kid doesn't understand the War powers act. I would be much more afraid of obama not stepping down as President because of the WOT (war on terror) I seem to remember and I could be wrong that the president doesn't have to step down during war time.

I could be wrong, I just remember reading that. Prove it and I will say sorry. lol..

Also, I can see the lines between hittlers plan and Obama's but thats a bit of a stretch if I say so my self.

Might as well say he can't be president because the Native Americans still own the country. Technically this government is occupying their land. Which this country's past presidents and military actively searched for and tried to destroy. Which is/ was illegal.

Also to point out that this government still isn't honoring the treaty's made with the Native Americans either.

Sorry for that aside. I think either way this is pointless, The American people will speak in what 10/11 months What good is this B.S doing? Its doing nothing.... Nothing at all.. If people put as much energy into fixing this country as they did trying to debate this B.S some of our other more pressing problems might be solved.

What good will come of this either way? So if the judge does decided to rule against Obama its not like even if he did issue a warrant for his arrest it would happen. I would love to see GA state police go to the white house and try to arrest him. The S.S no pun intended would fill them full of lead.

Its just not going to happen. I voted for Obama I was taken in by the man. I don't think he should be president any more but that is more due to his actions as such not his color nor his birth. He made promises that he couldn't keep and instead of admitting his mistakes or taking account for them he ignores the problem he has created.

His health care bill lone was nothing but lies, not to mention as others have pointed out, it will bankrupt this country faster than almost any thing else if implemented. Also the very fact that it contains provisions of legal trouble for any one who doesn't buy in goes against the constitution. I'm not the only one to point this out, almost every state in the union has lawsuits against the bill.

I think we should look past this crap to the future, and work together to solve this problem and any others. weather or not Obama has a right to be President is irrelevant so long as we keep down this path, what will it mean if we go bankrupt tomorrow? will this thread even matter if we are too broke to care? .

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumerianSoldier
The primary things that are flags for me are:

1.) Show up when you're court ordered to, you're not above the law even if you are the POTUS.

The Executive branch is not above the law, it is on equal footing with the Judicial Branch. Whoever the President is, Democrat or Republican or other...they cannot not be compelled to appear, act or speak by the Judicial branch, if they could then the Supreme Court would rule our nation, as it stands, we have separation of powers, the way our founders intended it. They also incorporated checks and balances and Congress has the power to impeach a sitting President and Presidents can be tried for crimes unrelated to their duties once they have left office.

Imagine for a moment if every President could be commanded by the state courts for any and every suit they choose...We have checks and balances for a reason.

He and his lawyers disdain for our legal system tells me that he believes he is above the law and his interests doesn't lie with our country's welfare if he can't acknowledge some of our basic tenets.

See above. Again you are confused. The country you imagine where the Lawyers rule the government is one part Pakistan one part Iran.

Okay, so this has been an on going issue from the "birthers." Step up, take the time out of your busy life, show up with your original birth certificate and let an expert chosen from both sides give testimony to its validity or lack thereof. While you're there, validate your SSN, end the citizen/natural citizen debate, and explain the gaps or confusion in timelines, locations, residencies, schooling, and familial names from your youth. (I've helped pay for his vacations and golf outings, I'd gladly help pay for his day in court and offer a formal apology afterword if he is vindicated.)

You have a blindspot...a big black hole...everything above has been answered repeatedly and thoroughly. You spend too many times reading questions posed on birther websites and no time actually looking for answers that are easily found and have been provided over and over...and over.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by r3axion

You're still going?

ETA: You may be right as I see you're probaby not American (you said behaviour a few posts back. never saw an American type like that), but this "Still" dude has an obvious agenda and I no loner feel like arguing.

Later

...It is like you are programmed for Xenophobia...as if your mind's default is thinking that anyone you disagree with is "not American"...from the President of the United States to posters on ATS...just WOW.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
I think there is sufficient evidence that the White House PDF is indeed fraudulent.

Just how is a pdf fraudulent? is it just a renamed mp3 file?

Obama's Lawyers have no defense if the BC PDF were to come into evidence.

It is just a pdf, it is NOT his birth certificate.... something birthers have trouble understanding

Well, its the birther IQ, something we keep having to work around. It's cumbersome but lets keep plugging away at it. LOL.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovesecret
i just browsed this thread

the mods and the admins should be ashamed

seriously, the conduct of people not only in this thread but across all of ats is getting pathetic

just look at this page alone to see tons of personal bashing and nonsense instead of actually talking about the topic of the thread

pathetic

but whats worse, ill have my post deleted and get a warning for saying this,, utter garbage!

Your post is still here showing that the mods are not hard asses out to bust humps. I think the mods are pretty democratic and I've been deleted and warned a time or two myself. I know, go figure huh... LOL.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Nah I thought he was American til I looked over the posts and saw "behaviour" which is why I edited my post and said that.

I never said Barry wasn't American either. LOL.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join