It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of Israelis think that jews are the Chosen People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
And this is why I don't like organized religion.

Survey: Record number of Israeli Jews believe in God

Fully 80 percent of Israeli Jews believe that God exists - the highest figure found by the Guttman-Avi Chai survey since this review of Israeli-Jewish beliefs began two decades ago.

The study also found that 70 percent of respondents believe the Jews are the "Chosen People," 65 percent believe the Torah and mitzvot (religious commandments ) are God-given, and 56 percent believe in life after death.

So let me get this straight. Jews, who wrote the bible and the torah, have said that they THEMSELVES were the ``chosen ones`` and Israel was given to them by God and nobody questions this?? I mean, what a COINCIDENCE that the same people who wrote the book were awarded, by God, the status of ``Chosen people`` and were given the land they wanted... It's all a big coincidence, I'm sure...

Organized religion is totally ridiculous, especially when it says one person/people is above another. That's what causes hatred, wars and genocide.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Can't possibly be true. Us Yorkshire men know that Yorkshire is gods own country, ergo we must be gods chosen!

Im fairly sure thats also pretty accurate for much of the rest of the planet too!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Religion is like organized crime, but with morals. Sorry for the one liner, but I believe that is a good enough point.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Caution some strong language.

I think Harry Enfield got you lot down to a tee. "I say what I like and like what I bloody well say"
edit on 27-1-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Yes, they have been chosen to demonstrate to the rest of the world God's wrath on a perfidious, iconoclastic people.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Organized religion is totally ridiculous, especially when it says one person/people is above another. That's what causes hatred, wars and genocide.

Including people being kicked out of their homes in Palestine by the 'chosen ones'.
But it goes for all fundamentalist beliefs. I'll never forget hearing my ex mother in law - who was a Pentecostalist - talking about someone who had died, saying it was a shame he hadn't been 'saved'.
I'd like to think if there is such a thing as the God of religion, he/she/it would be bigger and better than that!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

You are right though. I do not want to get sucked into an Israel is bad and Jews suck type thread because i do not believe that - things are often far more complicated than we wish to acknowledge.

However, im totally with you on this. The notion that you write the book and then claim that because of what is in the book that you are gods chosen and also this is ours (land) is, frankly, a master stroke by whoever came up with it.

I may write my own claiming ownership of the USA, all of South America and that we British have a divine right to Empire as gods chosen race in the vague hope that a couple of thousand years down the line my descendents can use it as a bargaining tool!

Mind you, it won't really matter by then as we will all be kow towing to our giant insect over lords!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Yeah the vast majority of religions that I know of makes the members of that religion ``above`` everyone else. It's total bull.

Even atheists or environmentalists are like that...

What about everybody keeping their beliefs at home??

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
OK, I am about half buddied and this is one subject that will not pass me by. I am by definition, a believer. I see things in a scientific way, but there is just too many things that have no answer. Take for instance, look into the night sky and pick a direction. How far can I travel in that direction. Where did I come from? No answer..... I was raised to believe in god. That one people can sit in a chair and tell me that they are the only chosen, I find lude. I remember one of them "from israel" saying that the gentiles were put on this earth to serve them. I serve none. This brainwashing has gone far enough for me. I will appologize to the mods if this is too blunt, but by god I am a human and with certain rights. I don't care what religion you look at, it presses love to your brother and sister. Then how can I become an unwilling slave to another. That act alone breakes the very words of god.
Man has corrupted the word and bent it to his own will instead of following the original way, what ever that was. When will the original words be made available to us? Then we will know for certain the right and wrong. Until then, I must follow my heart and refuse the statement. This 2000 year old bikkering must stop and love be shown instead.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Not seen that for a while! Hmm, if i poke my head out of my office i can see a couple of similar candidates!

Still, we are gods chosen so who cares!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It's the same thing with the catholic church thinking it is the only valid faith and means of salvation. Really it's not their fault. They have been conditioned to think this way. Everyone likes to feel special.

I feel sorry for the other 30 % that dont agree. They must get hell. Just more of the dangers of hierarchical spiritual leadership. The term is almost contradictory

in all fairness,I bet alot dont share this view, they just say they do to shut everyone around them up.

edit on 27-1-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Can't possibly be true. Us Yorkshire men know that Yorkshire is gods own country, ergo we must be gods chosen!

Im fairly sure thats also pretty accurate for much of the rest of the planet too!

I believe this is true, especially though from South Yorkshire.

It would be a breathe of fresh air if some religious group said that some other guys are the chosen ones, though i'm not quite sure how that would work!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

Brilliant! Can you imagine the Pope, top Imam and Chief Rabbi sending out a joint Christmas card? (of them playing twister or similar!)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I am hardly ever shocked at the things said that or done by the believers of any religion. Once the mind reaches the point of unquestioning, blind belief in a personal relationship with an invisible and all powerful entity in the sky--with that belief built purely on the words of some book--the mind will believe anything.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Thinking that is so retarded and so arrogant

it show that they have a huge ego centered around themself
wonder why they threat the palestnian like crap
they think what ever they do .. they will always be the choosen people of God
and that heaven will always be waiting for them

again .. this is a retarded way of thinking
the choosen people of God are the one with a pure soul
that care for all other humans being and living things on earth

there is another kind of god that would choose people to hate others
and its Lucifer .. it is more logic now
they are the choosen people of Satan ? that might explain a lot of things

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskirovka

Sorry to be totally off topic but is that Pat Sharpe as your avatar?

If so, then

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Jews are considered the "chosen" people for two reasons.

One, God "chose" a rather small group of people in a small land in order to send his son, Jesus, to walk the earth and teach them about God. They were "chosen" to spread God's word. I'm guessing the smaller the group, the easier it was to spread the message at that time and the less it would be corrupted and misinterpreted.

Second, God "chose" them to make an example out of them.

I think he's doing a pretty good job, don't you? What other group of people do you hear so much about? What other group has become so prosperous for being so small? What other group is totally surrounded and threatened on a daily basis by it's enemies, yet manages to survive throughout the ages, despite it's size?

This is why God "chose" them. To set an example. No matter how small you may be, God has the power to sustain you and protect you from anything you face, and he will prove it.

Here's a look at the past fulfilled prophecies about Israel in the Bible, as well as the ones yet to come. There's a "part 1" and "part 2" on Israel.

100prophecies.org...

Edit Add: As being the ones for God to "make an example", remember he's allowed them to be persecuted, separated, etc. too, yet the people as a whole continue to survive. Let's face it, he hasn't always shown them favor in order to make an example out of them.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

If god is United States of America then you are right.
What would Israel be without american support ?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
That's because their "god" is the Devil.

Why else would they all be so hideously UGLY?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This is in direct contrast to a bumper sticker I just saw that said "If God doesnt like Penn State, then why is the sky Blue and White?"
I know this is hard for some people to admit, but the chosen people must therefore be Joe Paterno and his followers!??!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join