It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divers find large, unexplained object at bottom of Baltic Sea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by odinson

Yeah, the new development is that the group is organizing a return trip to investigate further.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I know this is old news but has it been salvaged to the surface yet?

And I am curious to know what it is made of.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanielET
I know this is old news but has it been salvaged to the surface yet?

And I am curious to know what it is made of.

They're planning to go back latter this year , in May I believe .

The proposed date for a return to the Baltic Sea to ‘salvage’ the mystery object, May 2012
deathby1000papercuts.com...

edit on 28-1-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

This new update isn't actually old news to me. There is some new information that I haven't heard before including another disc that has been found near the original one. I just started a thread on this and did not see this thread during my search, as the search doesn't always work well.

This update is worthy of it's own thread IMO. A lot of people are saying these could be old shipwrecks.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I just the CNN coverage of this...

Don Lemmon was trying to make it comical, while the scientist/speaker was being serious about it.

I hate it when MSM journalist do that!! They play down major historical finds, ufo/alien discussion; in my opinion, they do so because

1. don't want to panic the masses
2. religion would be at stake

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Or it could be the GATEWAY
to Aragnarok/Helms Deep,,etc,,,
After all
THOR
GOD
of THUNDER was around WAAAAy, before ,, hi im an alien, beep,,bee ,,Slice ,,,, lol

Slice part was AXE clan, ,,never mind,,

Alien,,,lol

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It looks identical to the one that was discovered months ago. I swear I read an article about it more than half a year ago with exactly the same image

I am really interested to see what the findings are. (If the real truth ever surfaces)

I just dont understand why these things take so long to be finalised. I know money has alot to do with it but surely there's a billionare out there somewhere with all of the time in the world on his/her hands and a keen interest in such things.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

This new update isn't actually old news to me. There is some new information that I haven't heard before including another disc that has been found near the original one. I just started a thread on this and did not see this thread during my search, as the search doesn't always work well.

I agree
People are spending so much time going into the new threads to be the first to say "Its already been done" that new information is over looked. And VERY few repost that info into the thread linked to

And for some reason the mods pointed to this thread instead of the original one with all the data

Update on UFO in the Baltic
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now in the original thread we have this picture of the first object, which looks like a depression...

And in THIS new thread by daaskapital

Mystery object found on Baltic Sea floor
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a picture of the second object? which looks raised with shadowing

Interesting but dang it I had to piece together several thread to get the comparison

edit on 30-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

post by zorgon
There is a picture of the second object which looks raised with shadowing

Is it a second object or another picture of the original object , they look identical to me , an inverted version of the original ?

Edit
They are the same picture , the black lines on the original are in the same place on the second pic only now they are white lines .

edit on 30-1-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Wow. So many people just commenting to say its already been done.

Personally its new to me. Could be just about anything. Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ok, so is anyone good enough with google earth to determine where this could be based on the info?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Looks like the story was brought back up by CNN because the preps they are making to go back in May to take a look.

What ever it is, it's still interesting, even if it's just something that fell off a ship, heh. I do like the "Just a boat that split in 2." comment though, hehehe. I looked and thought: "Wow. It is kinda symetrical."

Be interesting to see what they find.

@tonycodes: salvagers and treasure hunters rarely give out exact positions of their finds.
edit on 31-1-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yup they are the same picture but the CNN report clearly says second object

Using side-scan sonar, the team found a 60-meter diameter cylinder-shaped object, with a rigid tail 400 meters long.

The imaging technique involves pulling a sonar "towfish" -- that essentially looks sideways underwater - behind a boat, where it creates sound echoes to map the sea floor below.

On another pass over the object, the sonar showed a second disc-like shape 200 meters away.

www.cnn.com...

No pictures of the second one yet

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Keep in mind that both images are not actual "pictures" in the sense of photography (IE like a ROV with a camera mounted on it, going down and taking an actual picture).
These are sonar images, that are produced with sound, instead of light. Just like a sonagram of an unborn baby.

It will be really cool to see actual images taken with actual cameras of this thing, no mater what it is: natural rock formation, a sunken ship that has fallen apart in a weird way, a UFO, or a temple foundation from Atlantis.......heheheheh,

You have to admit, it's rather interesting no mater what it is.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It seems to me that people are seeing what they want to see. UFO's, stargates et al.

I think the obvious solution is that of a geological formation. There are plenty examples of round geological formations all over the place.

There is a danger in this type of post that the obvious is ignored.

Regards

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
A sunken submarine from World War II?

Who knows...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
You have to admit, it's rather interesting no mater what it is.

yes it is interesting...even rock formations can be interesting

But sating it might be a UFO is a good way to get attention and raise funding Heck even CNN says 'Millenium Falcon"

Seems some people in this forum though think it is dangerous to speculate

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Lindberg told Life's Little Mysteries, "I confirm that we have found two anomalies. We did find the other anomaly approximately 200 meters (about 219 yards) from the circular find at the same sonar run." Lindberg explained why his team had not released the sonar image of the second object: "We decided not to expose that anomaly so much because there is a lot of disturbance on the sonar image when we passed it, so it's very blurry. We can see it's something but to an untrained eye it might just look like 'pea soup.'"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Cool thanks
Date: 01 February 2012

While experts speculated that the object was just a glitch in the team's sonar, new reports surfaced this week that the team uncovered a second, similar object nearby. But, as the report hopped from one website to the next, one thing was missing: an image of the second object. Life's Little Mysteries contacted Peter Lindberg, who led the expedition, to get the full story, and the elusive sonar scan

A second object discovered on the floor of the Baltic Sea by Peter Lindberg.
CREDIT: Peter Lindberg, oceanexplorer.se

www.lifeslittlemysteries.com...

edit on 17-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join