It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACTA has passed in Ireland and a few other countries. Headed to USA now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Not that the USA hasn't been in on it since it's conception a few years ago but man. I tried to warn everyone about this as it deserves more attention than SOPA ever did.

SOPA was about piracy. ACTA is about content online, even about seeds patents, GENERIC DRUGS, and so on. This can really screw other countries, and us on prescriptions who rely on generic drugs for cheaper prices.

I could go on and on but I'll let you all read this article and the google it for yourselves. I'm STILL appalled that this is NOT blowing up ATS like SOPA did or the Presidential debates or anything.

Sopa blinded us to what was going on which is more of a threat. I've known of this for a few days now and posted about it while it was still NOT passed but only 3 people replied. Three out of hundreds of thousands. This affects you. YOU. In every Country.

Please. Read and take this stuff seriously. We did for SOPA. Why not this when it's far worse?

tech.fortune.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hey, stop picking on Ireland !!!! Please read below.

Either way, the treaty was signed today by European nations, including Belgium, the UK, Austria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Bulgaria, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

The signing took place at a ceremony at Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The treaty has already been signed by Australia, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore and the US.

www.siliconrepublic.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Hehe well I had no room in the title to name all of the Countries.
I just hope this will get people realizing what's going on. It's too much, too fast, all at once. It's like they turned on a tennis ball machine and set it on mega speed and are laughing while we try to dodge being hit.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Its also too late.

www.techdirt.com...

People think they will be able to get parliments to stop this. Judging what the rapporteur is saying this will not be stopped.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This was passed in Romania too.Here in Romania piracy is a ordinary thing everyone does it , it's quite funny.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
OP I'm not terribly impressed when any country other than the US passes a draconian law.
In fact I'm not surprised at all, being that almost every other country than the US has been neutered by taking their guns away.
When you control the guns, you control everything else.
So before "they" can make this sort of stuff work in the US they will have to have our guns first, or we will give them our bullets.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
i just have one question, since they are bringing in laws to stop this going on at the peasant populations, what laws are they bringing in to stop corruption at the highest levels??

answer: none.

new topics

top topics

join